News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on December 10, 2023, 10:26:03 PMI can't remember if I've said this before, and I don't feel like digging atm, but recently I've been thinking I'd like to see them do Amargasaurus. Like yeah sure there's some great options for it out there already, but with how wonderful this year's sauropods from them have been (as well as the color choice many of their figures have), I'd like to see how they could tackle this animal, hopefully with the recent push for sails again.
Amargasaurus doesn't have any figures that represent it well.  I'm surprised nobody has made a good version of it with both the neck sail and the unpaired first neck spine.  I too would like to see Amargasaurus from Haolonggood.

Concavenator

Indeed, all current Amargasaurus figures are outdated. I also hope HLG will make the up-to-date Amargasaurus we're waiting for. Would look amazing in their style as well, just imagine this fancy creature with their elaborate colorations. It's hands down one of the most popular and iconic sauropods too, they can't go wrong with it. As a diplodocoid, it would display well with their Apatosaurus and fellow dicraeosaurid Dicraeosaurus (and PNSO Lingwulong for those who have it).

Amargasaurus is, together with Shunosaurus, the only sauropod species I would be interested in seeing new figures of, so HLG could deliver stunning figures of these distinctive and well-known sauropods.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Now that you mention that, it is actually pretty surprising none of the current options, get these aspects correct. Granted while the full sail thing is pretty recently supported (even if it was speculated before), aspects such as the number of spines, or even the feet at times, should have had more diligence put into them, and kind of do hold a lot of options back. And while I still like a lot of the options out there (coloration can go a long way for me), it would be better to have one that nails the anatomy, especially since Amargasaurus has decent remains.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I sadly forgot about their magnificent Dicraeosaurus from 2021. All the more reason I think they should tackle this animal then, especially if none of the other available options are accurate.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Wendiceratops

Besides BOTM's, this genus has yet to receive a good figure at least in about 1/35 scale.

marisaura

thinking purely in terms of dinosaurs that would be feasible to do in 1:35 scale (since outside of their megalodon we haven't seen them do any non-dinosaurs yet, and i'm not sure if they're interested), some of the species i'd most like to see would be:

altirhinus
amargasaurus
antetonitrus
brachylophosaurus
brachytrachelopan
chasmosaurus (either species)
dryptosaurus
elaphrosaurus
lessemsaurus
lophorhothon
magyarosaurus
melanorosaurus
plateosaurus
rajasaurus
riojasaurus

admittedly very sauropodomorph-heavy, but they've shown a real talent for them and if anyone is gonna do a more basal species, it'll be either them or collecta.

JimoAi

would like to see an updated tyrannosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus. IDK but the current offers aren't for me considering 1/35 is ABIT big for how ild like my t rexes. I'ld prefer 1/40 for myself

Sim

Haolonggood has made another animal that isn't a dinosaur, the Quetzalcoatlus.  Hoping for 1:40 figures from Haolonggood is probably not going to end with the hope met as Haolonggood makes figures in 1:35 scale for their Mesozoic animals.

thomasw100

I just noticed an interesting image on the New page of the Haolonggood Amazon store site. Not sure about all the species I see there, but I think I recognize Mamenchisaurus, Stegosaurus ungulatus, Edmontosaurus. Then there is another stegosaur, a dromaeosaur and two theropods that I am not sure about.

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 13, 2024, 02:20:12 PMI just noticed an interesting image on the New page of the Haolonggood Amazon store site. Not sure about all the species I see there, but I think I recognize Mamenchisaurus, Stegosaurus ungulatus, Edmontosaurus. Then there is another stegosaur, a dromaeosaur and two theropods that I am not sure about.

Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing!  Can you share the image here or post a link to it, please?

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim I believe T @thomasw100 may be referring to this image:

If that's the case, that image has been around for a year now.

Sim

Oh, thanks, I've seen that image before.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on January 13, 2024, 04:55:36 PMavatar_Sim @Sim I believe T @thomasw100 may be referring to this image:

If that's the case, that image has been around for a year now.

I thought that this would be an updated image, given that it shows some species that have not yet been released but may be released in 2024.

SenSx

HAOLONGGOOD is not afraid of making big models.
I hope they will make a good Shantungosaurus, I've never been a fan of the PNSO one :/
An Iguanodon would be welcome, such an iconic dinosaur still does not really have a very good model (the PNSO does not have lips, and the Collecta is nice but the skin texture is not great).
Also a Gigantoraptor would be nice, could still be decent sized piece.

Sim

I have the large CollectA Iguanodon and its skin is great!  I'm impressed with how well-done it is.  This figure is one of CollectA's best.  It's fine if it doesn't satisfy you though.

Sim

V @vampiredesign, there are two things I'd like if Haolonggood did them:

1. Two new colour schemes for the Haolonggood Baryonyx sculpture, with the resulting figures representing Riparovenator and Ceratosuchops.  These two spinosaurids would look like Baryonyx when alive so I think it's okay to use the Baryonyx sculpture to represent them as well.  I have both versions of the Haolonggood Baryonyx, which I love, and I would be very pleased to have two more as well which represent Riparovenator and Ceratosuchops.

2. Neovenator.  I believe you could make a good one.  It would go well with Baryonyx, as well as Riparovenator and Ceratosuchops if Haolonggood makes them.

I look forward to Haolonggood's 2024 figures! ^-^

Takama

My only wish right now?

Remake your T.rex

Not many here will agree with me.

But its a sore thumb compared to the Daspletosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on January 14, 2024, 07:16:35 PMMy only wish right now?

Remake your T.rex

It could use a refresh, but I've so many Rexi here they already dominate my collection.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 14, 2024, 07:19:16 PM

Remake your T.rex

It could use a refresh, but I've so many Rexi here they already dominate my collection.

Yes but when your no longer collecting the way you used too, and a certaian artist your trying to support who makes 3D prints is starting to give you a bad feeling(like he is going to end up on that Black list we are createing)   I need a toy Company that that i can like.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on January 14, 2024, 07:27:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 14, 2024, 07:19:16 PM

Remake your T.rex

Yes but when your no longer collecting the way you used too, and a certaian artist your trying to support who makes 3D prints is starting to give you a bad feeling(like he is going to end up on that Black list we are createing)   I need a toy Company that that i can like.

I just can't stick with one company only anymore, most have hits and a lot have misses. Brand loyalty is incredibly difficult, I haven't done that since the Carnegie Collection ended.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I recently remembered that we still have yet to get an updated Amargasaurus or bajadasaurus based on the new paper, and something like that seems right up hlg's alley! If they were to consider making one it would definitely be an instant buy for me. Really any sort of smaller or more obscure sauropod would make a great addition to my collection as I'm currently trying to build out a whole sauropod legion lol.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: