News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I think this entire Triceratops discussion would be better off elsewhere, perhaps the controversial options thread, or it's own thread altogether. I would participate but I don't want to derail this thread any further.

suspsy

Indigo also carries Battat merchandise, including that T. rex/truck combination. Not Dan's toys by themselves, sadly. I keep fantasying about Indigo and Battat entering into some kind of agreement where the former starts selling all the unreleased toys.

I reckon there's a better chance of the actual cure for COVID being discovered.  :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on August 07, 2021, 05:19:55 AM
I think another mistake Battat made was in which dinosaurs they chose to rerelease. As a whole, most of the dinosaurs are not "household names". Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus, sure, but those are also the only ones that seemed to sell out. The Meijer stores I went to didn't have those two long, but the others were all shelf warmers. Despite the Hellbent determination to make Pachyrhinosaurus (and now Sinoceratops) "the new Triceratops" a thing, kids simply aren't having it. I know if I would have gotten one of those two figures as a kid, my immediate thought would have been "Why does this Triceratops look so strange, have no horns and why did they change his name?! This is garbage" and never looked at it again. 

Even now, I get highly irritated at the Jurassic Park/World franchise in their blatant agenda to avoid showing or featuring Triceratops in their films and tv shows (same with Walking With Dinosaurs). We have seen FAR more of Sinoceratops and Pachyrhinosaurus using modern CGI technology, than we have Triceratops. As a Trike loyalist, it drives me crazy how the people behind these franchises VERY deliberately go well out of their way to feature/promote much lesser relatives to Triceratops, rather than allow the undisputed "king of the Ceratopsians" a chance to shine with modern graphics in a well known/popular franchise.  >:( 

The vast majority of the Terra dinosaurs were dinosaurs that most kids never heard of before nor had a reason to care about. ALWAYS feature and show respect to the established dinosaurs in ANY dinosaur line first before moving onto lesser dinosaurs that really only interest the more scientific people or the collectors who "have to collect them all".
All of the dinosaurs in Walking With Dinosaurs lived with each other
(Aside from Gorgo which has been renamed into Nanuqsaurus in Alaska)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

PhilSauria

I have been trying to find a reasonably priced Acrocanthosaurus but do you you think I can? - although I found one the other day the shipping to Australia wa $89  -are you kidding?!!!

Fembrogon

Don't get excited, sorry; I'm just confirming another sighting at Kohl's.
I spotted these at a store in the Valparaiso, IN region. There's not a lot, but it's something. Only one Cryolophosaurus is in the photo because I grabbed the second.

The line is still squeaking by!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Fembrogon on October 18, 2021, 11:27:29 PM
The line is still squeaking by!

Quite the opposite, finding these at 3rd party stores basically confirms the line is dead. These are likely leftovers that Target had in their warehouses, couldn't sell enough to ship them to Target stores, so they offloaded them on other retailers at a loss.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Flaffy

To this day, 6 years later, I still wonder why they decided to make the line a Target exclusive.
I do wonder what could've been if things were different...

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Especially since its a US store that means other people have to use other methods.

But I will defend that actually, because I know that the only way Character Options was able to keep its Doctor Who action figure line going is by having most of the stuff being exclusive to UK store B&M. This gives them guaranteed sales. Battat may have needed those guaranteed sales.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dilopho

Not to revive a dead thread but somehow I saw a bunch of Battat Cryolophosaurs from 2021 in TK MAXX UK today.

Fembrogon

Nice to see these are still popping up in stores here and there, even if it's just old stock being used up. May they continue to charm and inspire dino fans.

Blade-of-the-Moon

suspsy

I keep hoping that Battat will change their minds and start releasing all their dinosaurs at long last. I'm sure it's in vain, but it's a pleasant daydream.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

These fine dinos should be available to all, and I hope they will someday release the unreleased ones.

Roselaar

Quote from: Dilopho on January 13, 2024, 07:38:48 PMNot to revive a dead thread but somehow I saw a bunch of Battat Cryolophosaurs from 2021 in TK MAXX UK today.

It's odd, TKMaxx in the UK, Germany and Holland seem to have gotten a huge load of Cryos in lately, but none of the others. Was this one in particular overproduced or something?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2024, 05:11:07 PMI keep hoping that Battat will change their minds and start releasing all their dinosaurs at long last. I'm sure it's in vain, but it's a pleasant daydream.

Everytime I see somebody post in this thread it still triggers a moment of insanity where I start to get hopeful for a brief second again.  :'(

Takama

I used to get ads on Instagram for their dinosaurs LONG after the lines supposed retirement, and each time i see them, i was always tempted to comment the obvious

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on January 14, 2024, 07:22:42 PMI used to get ads on Instagram for their dinosaurs LONG after the lines supposed retirement, and each time i see them, i was always tempted to comment the obvious

I get those ads too and I occasionally comment the obvious.  ;D

SidB

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 14, 2024, 06:53:23 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2024, 05:11:07 PMI keep hoping that Battat will change their minds and start releasing all their dinosaurs at long last. I'm sure it's in vain, but it's a pleasant daydream.

Everytime I see somebody post in this thread it still triggers a moment of insanity where I start to get hopeful for a brief second again.  :'(
You're not alone. That speaks for the enduring popularity of the line or at least the loyalty of old fans.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on January 15, 2024, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 14, 2024, 06:53:23 PM

You're not alone. That speaks for the enduring popularity of the line or at least the loyalty of old fans.

A damn shame these beauts never got to see the light of day... (along with the unreleased repaints as well of course). Battat really squandered this line, and almost a decade since their reveal I have yet to forgive them for this crime. :'(  Despite the original sculpts age, I still consider quite a few of them to be the best representations of their respective genus. Particularly the Styracosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Maiasaura and Edmontonia.

In retrospect I wonder why they ever thought making Terra a Target exclusive line was a good idea. They should've branched out to many more retailers.

Europasaurus

Gastonia

Gigantoraptor

Nasutoceratops

Pentaceratops

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on January 14, 2024, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on January 13, 2024, 07:38:48 PMNot to revive a dead thread but somehow I saw a bunch of Battat Cryolophosaurs from 2021 in TK MAXX UK today.

It's odd, TKMaxx in the UK, Germany and Holland seem to have gotten a huge load of Cryos in lately, but none of the others. Was this one in particular overproduced or something?

Possibly, but it might be that it was under-distributed. It disappeared from Target here long before the other Battats, like a year or two. Only the Nanshiungosaurus had a shorter run. So these TK Maxx ones might be leftovers that never made it to Target.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: