News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 13, 2023, 01:11:07 PMThose turned out great! I wouldn't have thought to translate hoopoe into ankylosaur.

I guess I knew I wanted some earthy/ desert tones and even though the body shape doesn't match at all, I thought the colors and patterning would fit really well - and I'm glad I went with it :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Long promised display update since I moved in with my girlfriend. The lighting in the pictures is not optimal but could be worse also.

My main display is my half of our shared office with one glass cabinet and some figures around my bookshelf and on my desk;

The single shelves of the glass cabinet:

(And I guess my face for the first time on here :o )

The desk currently only holds two small statues:

The Dreadnoughtus got a VIP seat on a small cabinet in the bedroom:

And thats it. Thats all that I've currently got on display. :)

Federreptil

What a name! If you're "too old for dinosaurs", what should I say as an old bone. In every respect a fantastic collection, especially the large sauropods and small dioramas of groups. And it's obviously still growing strong right now.

Pliosaurking

Fantastic looking display!

Concavenator

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Federreptil on October 29, 2023, 03:04:20 PMWhat a name! If you're "too old for dinosaurs", what should I say as an old bone. In every respect a fantastic collection, especially the large sauropods and small dioramas of groups. And it's obviously still growing strong right now.

Thank you for your kind words! Haha. The name stems from the the thought that led me to give up my interest for dinosaurs after primary school (around age 11/12) because it was not looked at as "cool" anymore. It took some years of growth and maturing to realize that this reason for giving up my interest was a horrible one and to realize that the interest was also still there. So maybe the name "NotTooOldForDinosaurs" would be more fitting.  :))

Quote from: Pliosaurking on October 29, 2023, 04:35:48 PMFantastic looking display!
Thanks!

Quote from: Concavenator on October 29, 2023, 04:57:09 PMReally nice setup!
Appreciate it  :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Just realised I forgot to include this picture:

Of course my WWD Ophthalmosaurs are still on display as well as my Adalatherium sculpt. :)

Stegotyranno420

I love the museum vibes from this.
The sauropods and stegosaurids ar emy favorite sections

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 29, 2023, 02:29:01 PMLong promised display update since I moved in with my girlfriend. The lighting in the pictures is not optimal but could be worse also.

Very nice display and great selection of species and models. What is the ankylosaur right in the center of the second shelf from bottom? Is this the Tarchia from Miniature Museum?

TooOldForDinosaurs

T @thomasw100 Thank you! Yes, exactly. Close-ups farther back in the thread or here:

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 12, 2023, 02:56:07 PM...

Color scheme is based on an eurasian hoopoe.

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 12, 2023, 02:56:07 PMColor scheme is based on an eurasian hoopoe.

So you are the recipient of this one. I saw the pictures on Javis instagram. A really lovely model. I actually got the first one he painted. The color scheme is a bit more plain and subtle, based on how they appear on Prehistoric Planet. I got it along with the Kentrosaurus in classic color scheme with dark green body colors with red-brown plates and spikes. I am now getting also the new Kentrosaurus from Miniature museum and the Polacanthus from Nikola Roglic. And then some sauropods.

postsaurischian

Quiversaurus

Brought me so much joy looking at this collection! I too especially like the sauropod and stegosaur sections. The mirrors really help add visual interest too.

Never too old for dinosaurs (:

ceratopsian

It's an excellent collection and beautiful display.  I like back-mirrored cabinets. They assist enjoyment of the models - but make photography more difficult!

Halichoeres

Somehow missed this update! They all look very happy in their new home. Glass really is the way to go.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks!  :D

Here are the first few pictures of my new acquisitions.

Nr. 1

"Decisive battle" T-Rex fight diorama by Favorite Co.

A tiny part of the right arm on one of the Tyrannosaurs is broken off (I bought it that way). I might try to repair it or just leave it that way. Don't know yet. :)

Nr. 2

Factory sealed Toyway Ophthalmosaurus

TooOldForDinosaurs

Following up with pictures of my other 2 new additions:

PNSOs Alamosaurus

PNSOs Zuul

postsaurischian

Beautiful ^-^ !
 I like that tree behind the Zuul.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 20, 2024, 09:26:56 PMBeautiful ^-^ !
 I like that tree behind the Zuul.

Thank you! Glad you like it  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: