News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

The next Creative Beasts Livestream starts in about 13 minutes on their YouTube channel!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on January 26, 2024, 12:31:39 AMAnd I never did acquire Banjo.

That Australovenator is still available, in case you didn't know.

BotM Carnotaurus concept art (from the streaming avatar_Giganotosaurus @Giganotosaurus mentioned).

As per usual, I find the BotM variant to be the nicer of the two.

DrunkAnteosaurus

So glad I waited for the BOTM version, that is gorgeous!

Curious to what Acros variants will turn out to be
New to paleoart and sculpting, but really trying to learn more! If you have any requests lmk!

Flaffy

Can't wait to see how the BotM Carnotaurus turns out. Wasn't a huge fan of the dirty orange on the Cyberzoic version, so hopefully a simpler black & white colour scheme will me more to my liking.

Carnoking

Looks a bit monochrome for my taste so the Cyberzoic variant is the winner between the two for me. That said, being Carnotaurus, I might just be okay with getting one of each  >:D

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on January 26, 2024, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: suspsy on January 26, 2024, 12:31:39 AMAnd I never did acquire Banjo.

That Australovenator is still available, in case you didn't know.

Oh, I know. But the shipping cost to Canada is far too great to justify.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

I'm glad I went with the cyberzoic version of the Carnotaurus, but the botm one still has a nice looking paint scheme.

Faelrin

I definitely prefer the Cyberzoic one, but like avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking said I too will probably get both. My number 2 favorite theropod atm after Deinonychus. I forgot but didn't David imply earlier on that the Beasts versions were female and the Cyberzoic were male? I mean this gives me this kind of vibe anyways as the Cyberzoic is the brighter one, which works well as a male, where as this is a bit more on the drabber side, which works as a female, like in many birds and reptiles.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

HD-man

Quote from: Flaffy on January 24, 2024, 12:03:50 PM

Preening its feathers or plucking another feathered dino? Just wondering.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2024, 05:35:05 PM
Quote from: David96 on January 25, 2024, 07:25:42 AMAustralovenator

For a second I read Austroraptor and got excited.
I too would prefer Austroraptor to Australovenator.  Austroraptor has a unique appearance and lacks a good figure, also the only good unenlagiine figure is the BotM Buitreraptor.  Australovenator has an unknown head shape and there are a few good megaraptoran figures already.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim That's how I feel, but then again I'm also biased towards dromaeosaurids (and their nearest relatives) anyways.

David96

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2024, 05:35:05 PM
Quote from: David96 on January 25, 2024, 07:25:42 AMAustralovenator

For a second I read Austroraptor and got excited.

Haha, understandable. I'd also like to see an Austroraptor more than something like Dakotaraptor f.e., mainly because of it's unique shape among raptors.

Still, even more so I'd like to see a Megaraptoran (although something more like a Megaraptor or Maip rather than Australovenator), because of how few representation they have. HOWEVER the good news about that are that David said that he's planning Megaraptor for as early as Part 2!!! What intrigues me though is that he said that it will come as some sort of standard troop even below the Utahraptor, because they wanted something with more basic non-transformable armor and that "Megaraptor was flashy but not as flashy as Utahraptor". And that sounds weird to me because Megaraptor is not only larger than Utahraptor (Mega is 7-8 meters long), but it's also much more powerfully armed with it's huge claws (which could also get enhanced with even bigger cyber lazer-claws lul). Unless David was mostly talking about the armor, or maybe even got the species confused (maybe he could have even meant the Austroraptor itself, given that he told Ross to base it's armor on a smaller dromeosaur's armor concept that they had). But time will tell I guess...

In the Stream he also showed two color schemes for BotM/BotC, one of them offcourse being the Carno that we already saw but also this guy below. Which surprises me that we aren't talking about since it looks like such a cool idea. David also said that the Black version could come in 1/18th aswell (however the 1/18th initial version will apparently have another color scheme) so all the better!!!

Also here's Carno but in HD since David uploaded the image today, it is just me or does it have red eyes???

Finally, the guys also mentioned two Dinosaurs that may come in the future. Torvosaurus, who caught Chris' interest since I asked them about it because I said that it was Allosaurus' iconic rival haha. And Deinocheirus, about whom David even directly said that he wanted to do. And even went into detail about it, he said that he would like to do it for the Dragon Clan, as something similar to a Camel or a Beast of Burden. Which is something I too have been thinking could work as the role of Hadrosaurs in a "humans interacting with dinosaurus" type of setting, curiously enough.

DrunkAnteosaurus

That is an idea to go upon, wonder if they would use larger hadrasaurs, like shantungasaurus and edmontasaurus, as thick blockades, better known as meat shields.  Just these meat shields would throw down a T.rex any day.

May be more expensive to make them in 1/18, but that's a $400 I'm willing to pay if the sculpt and colour is nice(if they do it of course aha)
New to paleoart and sculpting, but really trying to learn more! If you have any requests lmk!

Sim

Quote from: David96 on January 31, 2024, 06:16:15 AMWhat intrigues me though is that he said that it will come as some sort of standard troop even below the Utahraptor, because they wanted something with more basic non-transformable armor and that "Megaraptor was flashy but not as flashy as Utahraptor". And that sounds weird to me because Megaraptor is not only larger than Utahraptor (Mega is 7-8 meters long), but it's also much more powerfully armed with it's huge claws
Megaraptorans are gracile, even if they have huge hand claws.  In contrast Utahraptor is extremely robust and has very powerful jaws and feet.  The length difference is just due to Megaraptor being restored with a longer tail than Utharaptor, I think.  I also think it makes sense to have Megaraptor come below Utahraptor as Megaraptor is faster but less strong.

David96

Quote from: DrunkAnteosaurus on January 31, 2024, 01:51:55 PMThat is an idea to go upon, wonder if they would use larger hadrasaurs, like shantungasaurus and edmontasaurus, as thick blockades, better known as meat shields.  Just these meat shields would throw down a T.rex any day.

May be more expensive to make them in 1/18, but that's a $400 I'm willing to pay if the sculpt and colour is nice(if they do it of course aha)

I could also see big Hadrosaurs as "small" artillery carriers, would definitely pay that for those if they are released

Quote from: Sim on January 31, 2024, 04:59:45 PM
Quote from: David96 on January 31, 2024, 06:16:15 AMWhat intrigues me though is that he said that it will come as some sort of standard troop even below the Utahraptor, because they wanted something with more basic non-transformable armor and that "Megaraptor was flashy but not as flashy as Utahraptor". And that sounds weird to me because Megaraptor is not only larger than Utahraptor (Mega is 7-8 meters long), but it's also much more powerfully armed with it's huge claws
Megaraptorans are gracile, even if they have huge hand claws.  In contrast Utahraptor is extremely robust and has very powerful jaws and feet.  The length difference is just due to Megaraptor being restored with a longer tail than Utharaptor, I think.  I also think it makes sense to have Megaraptor come below Utahraptor as Megaraptor is faster but less strong.

Not to discredit what you say but as far as I can find Megaraptor seems to be 1 Ton in weight, which is a fair bit more than Utah's 500-600 kg

Sim

I think the 1 ton weight estimate for Megaraptor is from when it was believed to be a heavily built allosauroid.  Looking at the size chart in the following link https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Megaraptoran-series-703711797 I underestimated MAgaraptor's size by one metre, it does end up being bigger than Utahraptor, although it is more gracile.

Leyster

avatar_Sim @Sim D @David96 I think you are underestimating Megaraptor's thickness, a GDI of a 3d model ended up well over 1500 kg.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

L @Leyster Well, also worth mentioning is that, unlike Utahraptor, Megaraptor has poor remains, so that number shouldn't be taken too literally. Of course, not that it should be discarded, either.

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on January 24, 2024, 12:28:09 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 24, 2024, 12:03:50 PMGlad I waited for the BotM version, it's shaping up to be more my style.

Same here! There's not a single Cyberzoic variant that I prefer over their BotM counterparts, so I suspected that'd be the case with Deinonychus as well.

My suspicion is confirmed:

Faelrin

Yep I am definitely gonna get both. This one as a female, and the Cyberzoic as a male.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: