News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The MOC Ophthalmosaurus is a pretty amazing find. Even the card looks good!

The new PNSOs aren't too shabby, either.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 21, 2024, 04:19:15 PMThe MOC Ophthalmosaurus is a pretty amazing find. Even the card looks good!

The new PNSOs aren't too shabby, either.

Haha thanks! Totally! Besides some warping and minimal damage on the corners the card is in fabulous condition - especially considering it's age.

Blackdanter

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 29, 2023, 02:29:01 PM

Great display. Where'd you find that cabinet? I'm really struggling to find anything I like.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blackdanter on January 23, 2024, 06:43:36 AMGreat display. Where'd you find that cabinet? I'm really struggling to find anything I like.

Thanks! I got it in an auction on a local second-hand website (similar to eBay). :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

New arrival

2 very exciting parcels arrived recently. Firstly a model of a dinosaur, that had been missing from my collection for the longest time since I didn't like any of the available options until very recently. I am talking about the Edmontosaurus regalis by PNSO. And I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up Haolonggoods E. annectens as well.

The second parcel was the Haolonggood Alamosaurus which I have not found the time yet to take pictures of - so I'll be sharing only the first half of my new additions.

What a beauty he/she is!

Whatchu looking at?

Concavenator

That's a beautiful newcomer for your collection, congrats! It will be a tough choice between this one and HLG's for me.

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 10, 2024, 06:02:16 PMNew arrival

2 very exciting parcels arrived recently. Firstly a model of a dinosaur, that had been missing from my collection for the longest time since I didn't like any of the available options until very recently. I am talking about the Edmontosaurus regalis by PNSO. And I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up Haolonggoods E. annectens as well.

The second parcel was the Haolonggood Alamosaurus which I have not found the time yet to take pictures of - so I'll be sharing only the first half of my new additions.

What a beauty he/she is!

This is a very nice scenery. The Edmontosaurus fits perfectly on that base. What base is this actually?

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Thank you! I'm looking forward to see/hear where your choice lead you :)

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 10, 2024, 06:55:02 PMThis is a very nice scenery. The Edmontosaurus fits perfectly on that base. What base is this actually?
Thanks! It's the base of the Mu.See studio Albertaceratops.  ^-^

SidB

Very impressive shots of this wonderful new release, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs . I hope that my copy, when it arrives, looks as impressive in hand as your posted images .

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on February 11, 2024, 04:02:54 AMVery impressive shots of this wonderful new release, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs . I hope that my copy, when it arrives, looks as impressive in hand as your posted images .

I appreciate it!  ^-^  And I'm sure it will!

postsaurischian

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 10, 2024, 06:02:16 PM2 very exciting parcels arrived recently. Firstly a model of a dinosaur, that had been missing from my collection for the longest time since I didn't like any of the available options until very recently. I am talking about the Edmontosaurus regalis by PNSO. And I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up Haolonggoods E. annectens as well.

Congratulations! What a collecting start for 2024. I also got them almost contemporaneously.
 I admit I was a bit overwhelmed with these two hefty figures at once. They're both very impressive. It's going to be a marvelous Dinosaur figure year :) .

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 11, 2024, 08:14:06 AMCongratulations! What a collecting start for 2024. I also got them almost contemporaneously.
 I admit I was a bit overwhelmed with these two hefty figures at once. They're both very impressive. It's going to be a marvelous Dinosaur figure year :) .

Thank you! Of course I already went to check out your fabulous photography ;) I can relate and yes - what a year it's gonna be. Already so excited about the next two releases from HG.  ::)

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 11, 2024, 08:28:07 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 11, 2024, 08:14:06 AMCongratulations! What a collecting start for 2024. I also got them almost contemporaneously.

Thank you! Of course I already went to check out your fabulous photography ;) I can relate and yes - what a year it's gonna be. Already so excited about the next two releases from HG.  ::)

So which version of the Alamosaurus did you get? So far I seem to be the only one who got the plain variant. And indeed the next two Haolonggood releases are very promising, in particular the Mamenchisaurus. And on top of that there will be for sure something new from PNSO after the Chinese New Year Holidays.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 11, 2024, 10:11:54 AMSo which version of the Alamosaurus did you get? So far I seem to be the only one who got the plain variant. And indeed the next two Haolonggood releases are very promising, in particular the Mamenchisaurus. And on top of that there will be for sure something new from PNSO after the Chinese New Year Holidays.

I went for the pink/ orange version. Pictures will be up asap. Can't wait for the Mamenchisaurus!

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 11, 2024, 10:37:51 AMI went for the pink/ orange version. Pictures will be up asap. Can't wait for the Mamenchisaurus!

Looking forward to your pictures. Concerning the Mamenchisaurus, this will be a difficult decision. Of course the Haolonggood model would seem the straightforward choice (we can expect great quality, release before summer, and moderate price), but there is also the announcement from Lana Time Shop about a forthcoming 1:35 Mamenchisaurus model from Lighu Art Studio. And after my stellar experience with obtaining the Linghu studio Camarasaurus, I consider this definitely as an option. The Linghu and MuSee studio models carry a hefty price tag, but they are just so magnificent.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Finally got to taking some pictures. It was super hard getting good angles and interesting shots of this colossus...

With background removed:
Spoiler
[close]

I experimented with AI and photo editing to replace the backgrounds in some of the shots. I'm really proud of this one in particular:

Thats all :)

thomasw100

Very nice pictures, especially the one with the landscape. In your pictures this variant looks very much brownish, whereas in other pictures it looked more purple. What causes that difference, is it just the illumination and maybe the spectral range of the light source?

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 18, 2024, 06:40:35 PMVery nice pictures, especially the one with the landscape. In your pictures this variant looks very much brownish, whereas in other pictures it looked more purple. What causes that difference, is it just the illumination and maybe the spectral range of the light source?
Thanks!  :) I could imagine that it is the light source. It's more of a yellow/ warm light - maybe with a cold light source the purple is more apparent.

Edit: Check out the image behind the spoiler with the removed/black background. That already changes the perceived color to more of a purple and orange - at least for me. So it's probably multiple factors.

Concavenator

Anybody: "They don't make big sauropod figures anymore"
Haolonggood: "Hold my 1:35 sauropods".

triceratops83

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 10, 2024, 06:02:16 PM

I had decided NOT to get the PNSO Edmontosaurus, but after looking at your photos, I might get one in the end.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: