News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DTF banner

Started by Sim, December 10, 2023, 07:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Sim on December 10, 2023, 07:22:22 PM1. Safari Utahraptor
2. Safari Therizinosaurus or Stegouros
3. CollectA Dearc
4. CollectA Nanuqsaurus
5. CollectA Dreadnoughtus
6. Papo Suchomimus
7. Schleich Stegosaurus
8. PNSO Gorgosaurus or Megalosaurus
9. PNSO Saurophaganax or Yangchuanosaurus magnus
10. PNSO Zuul
11. Haolonggood Apatosaurus
12. Beasts of the Mesozoic Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus or Tarbosaurus
My choices for the figures I'd like in the new forum banner have changed a bit.  I'd like to see any of the following in the new forum banner:

1. Safari 2023 Utahraptor
2. Safari 2023/2024 Stegouros
3. Safari 2023/2024 Therizinosaurus
4. CollectA 2024 Dearc
5. Papo 2024 Suchomimus
6. Schleich 2024 Stegosaurus
7. PNSO 2023 Megalosaurus or Gorgosaurus
8. PNSO 2023 Yangchuanosaurus magnus
9. PNSO 2023 Zuul
10. PNSO 2023 Spinosaurus
11. Haolonggood 2023 Apatosaurus
12. Haolonggood 2023 Carnotaurus
13. Haolonggood 2023 Pentaceratops
14. Beasts of the Mesozoic 2023/2024 Tarbosaurus or Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus

Sim

Thanks for the new forum banner avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum!  It's amazing!  It's the best banner this forum has ever had, in my opinion.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I'm pretty much thinking the same. The diversity on it is really good. Got a number of time periods represented (Cambrian, Ordovician, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous), a number of animal groups (1 amphibian, 2 invertebrates, 2 synapsids, 2 thyreophorans, 1 sauropod, 1 ceratopsian, 4 theropods, and all from different groups, 2 pterosaurs, and 1 marine reptile), and companies (CollectA, Colorata, Creative Beast, Favorite, Haolonggood, Mattel, Papo, PNSO, Safari, and Schleich).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

I like it! But Eofauna will have to work harder if they ever want to be featured in the banner... Oh, well, maybe in a few years' time they will get there.  ;)

Ikessauro

Really nice banner, I like it. Also, I forgot about that device compatibility avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum ,  you are absolutely correct in this instance. There isn't much you can do to avoid repetition.

DinoToyForum

Glad you like it! I updated it secretly earlier today, I wanted to see how soon people would notice. ;)

It actually took me most of today, it can be very tricky getting everything to fit neatly, but it worked out well in the end.

Sim

I think it was worth it avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, this new banner is inspiring!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Faelrin on February 16, 2024, 05:33:39 PMThat said I did see the new forum header this morning as I got up. Nice work on it. One tiny suggestion (if it is at all possible), but should the PNSO Saurophaganax be included? I think it is pretty clear it is the 2023 1st place poll winner, and I wonder if it should have some representation on the header (although the Haolonggood Apatosaurus is the second place winner which does have representation for what it is worth).

Edit: I do like the inclusion of the 2017 Colorata Cameroceras, and the 2016 Favorite Canadaspis. It's nice to have some Paleozoic invertebrate inclusion, even if these are older figures by now.

Quoting from a different thread.

I selected the PNSO Saurophaganax for the banner but I just couldn't get it to fit.

I selected the two invertebrates at the end to squeeze into some awkward gaps.

EmperorDinobot

Faelrin

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum That absolutely makes sense, and no big deal. It is lovely as it is currently is anyways.

Honestly it was a clever solution, and also helps serve as a reminder that there's more then Mesozoic reptiles out there to collect (including the Koolasuchus and two synapsids), even if they do take up most of the attention (um including mine).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

The Haolonggood Apatosaurus really ties the room together.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gwangi

That's a great banner, lots of diversity all around, which I consider most important. What pterosaur is that?

Concavenator

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi If you mean the flying one, it's the new Favorite Dimorphodon. The other one is CollectA's Dearc.

Gwangi

Quote from: Concavenator on February 17, 2024, 02:56:43 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi If you mean the flying one, it's the new Favorite Dimorphodon. The other one is CollectA's Dearc.

It was the Dimorphodon I was asking about. Thanks! I don't even see the Dearc, it must be behind the words.

ceratopsian

Back home from Kimmeridge (pliosaur skull) and just had the opportunity to look at the new banner on my desktop.  Really like it!  Excellent all-round diversity of companies and animals.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 17, 2024, 06:48:31 PMBack home from Kimmeridge (pliosaur skull) and just had the opportunity to look at the new banner on my desktop.  Really like it!  Excellent all-round diversity of companies and animals.

Was the pliosaur skull as impressive in person as it looks in pictures!?

ceratopsian

More so. Huge on-screen but ginormous in person. Should be able to put up a couple of snaps tomorrow avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum.

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 17, 2024, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on February 17, 2024, 06:48:31 PMBack home from Kimmeridge (pliosaur skull) and just had the opportunity to look at the new banner on my desktop.  Really like it!  Excellent all-round diversity of companies and animals.

Was the pliosaur skull as impressive in person as it looks in pictures!?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.