News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD-man

Quote from: Faelrin on February 06, 2024, 06:14:13 PMYep I am definitely gonna get both. This one as a female, and the Cyberzoic as a male.

What if there are 2+ versions of BotM's Deinonychus?

BTW, for those who don't know, it's plucking a Microvenator: https://twitter.com/Beast_SculptKit/status/1754918959697014946
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Halichoeres

I wouldn't mind a Microvenator in the line. Not that I expect the package art to contain hints about future offerings.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DrunkAnteosaurus

Would Cyberzoic have the chance to get some "fan versions" like Mesozoic? It would be impressive if they would go back with another Dead Sound production design for it

Like his "The Bull" Carnotaurus is absolutely stunning and would be an AMAZING alt for the carnotaurus

Though it isn't likely to happen given they'll need to resculpt a good bit of it to him in, just a fantasizing thought
New to paleoart and sculpting, but really trying to learn more! If you have any requests lmk!

DrunkAnteosaurus

^

More specifically the colour scheme from this scene  ::)
New to paleoart and sculpting, but really trying to learn more! If you have any requests lmk!

Faelrin

Full package art reveal of the BotM Allosaurus fragilis from Gabriel Ugueto:

QuoteI'm excited today to reveal the new package art for the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic Allosaurus fragilis, by Gabriel Ugueto! We collaborated once again on this final color design and I can't wait to see it on the actual figure.
Watch for prototype and preorder news for this release in the coming months!

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DefinitelyNOTDilo

My god, they got the GOAT on the team...

Concavenator

I find it surprising, I thought he said he'd release a BotM A. jimmadseni as well.

shahinos

For someone completely in the dark. What's the difference in sculpt between botm and cyberzoic?

Sim

That Allosaurus package art is amazing!  Blue works so well on the Allosaurus!

Quote from: shahinos on February 22, 2024, 12:06:56 PMFor someone completely in the dark. What's the difference in sculpt between botm and cyberzoic?
Nothing.  Only the colour scheme is different.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2024, 11:19:19 AMI find it surprising, I thought he said he'd release a BotM A. jimmadseni as well.

Likewise, I had the impression that both species of Allosaurus would receive a BotM counterpart.

Sim

David did say he would release both Allosaurus species in both Cyberzoic and BotM, but plans must have changed.  Remember all those ceratopsians that were planned for BotM but then didn't get made?

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on February 22, 2024, 02:41:06 PMDavid did say he would release both Allosaurus species in both Cyberzoic and BotM, but plans must have changed.  Remember all those ceratopsians that were planned for BotM but then didn't get made?

I'm still crying over those cancelled basal ceratopsians... We could've had Udanoceratops :'(

Sim

Well, Haolonggood is making Udanoceratops, so there's hope!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on February 22, 2024, 02:29:31 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2024, 11:19:19 AMI find it surprising, I thought he said he'd release a BotM A. jimmadseni as well.

Likewise, I had the impression that both species of Allosaurus would receive a BotM counterpart.

I know he has an Allosaurus in the Cyberzoic line and it looks like one for BotM now?  Is a A. jimmadseni planned for either line or are we talking about the lack of for either?  If David said he would do one my guess would be it will be at a later point. He could just do switch out heads though maybe?

Faelrin

I thought he was planning to do A. fragilis in Cyberzoic II for the Fire Clan from one of the updates or streams? Maybe the BoTM A. jimmadseni would come out then?

Considering there is sculpts for both species I don't see why there couldn't be both versions for each down the road. I guess maybe right now he'd prefer the focus first on the Cyberzoic A. jimmadseni which is expected to release later this year where as A. fragilis in BotM first gives a chance to come out sooner for the other species without having to wait for Cyberzoic II.

I mean I'm glad both species are offered currently in some fashion.

avatar_Sim @Sim Absolutely agree on the blue. It is so fresh and different to see that on Allosaurus. Usually everyone does red.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

David96

Quote from: Flaffy on February 22, 2024, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: Sim on February 22, 2024, 02:41:06 PMDavid did say he would release both Allosaurus species in both Cyberzoic and BotM, but plans must have changed.  Remember all those ceratopsians that were planned for BotM but then didn't get made?

I'm still crying over those cancelled basal ceratopsians... We could've had Udanoceratops :'(

Well, personally I'd prefer species from new families over more Tyrannosaurs or more Ceratopsians. But if more Ceratopsians were to come I hope that Machairoceratops makes it.

Quote from: Faelrin on February 22, 2024, 03:29:23 PMI thought he was planning to do A. fragilis in Cyberzoic II for the Fire Clan from one of the updates or streams? Maybe the BoTM A. jimmadseni would come out then?

Considering there is sculpts for both species I don't see why there couldn't be both versions for each down the road. I guess maybe right now he'd prefer the focus first on the Cyberzoic A. jimmadseni which is expected to release later this year where as A. fragilis in BotM first gives a chance to come out sooner for the other species without having to wait for Cyberzoic II.

I mean I'm glad both species are offered currently in some fashion.

avatar_Sim @Sim Absolutely agree on the blue. It is so fresh and different to see that on Allosaurus. Usually everyone does red.

I asked him in the last post about Allosaurus and he said that the BotM Jimmadseni and the CZ Fragilis could come and he said that "it could still happen but I don't know when".

And finally surprised that this hasn't been posted yet:

Now this is a big boy!!! It's apparently gonna be even bigger than Triceratops (19 inches vs Trike's 18)

Also Kuraokami final art:

Shuvuuia

That Stegosaurus is a must have for me if it has even a moderately attractive color scheme. If the Ceratosaurus concept art ever becomes a real figure, they'll be the perfect duo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't see the Stegosaurus ever having many options for posing , probably head/neck and tail , but  I would get it to go with the Allosaurus.  I still don't have a good diorama with both " vs " in it.

David96

Quote from: Shuvuuia on March 18, 2024, 12:28:23 PMThat Stegosaurus is a must have for me if it has even a moderately attractive color scheme. If the Ceratosaurus concept art ever becomes a real figure, they'll be the perfect duo.

Well, their paint schemes are already some of the coolest in the line

Spoiler

[close]

And Ceratosaurus has been mentioned many times by David to come for Cyberzoic II, so unless WW3 or something like that it should happen.

David96

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2024, 02:08:20 PMI don't see the Stegosaurus ever having many options for posing , probably head/neck and tail , but  I would get it to go with the Allosaurus.  I still don't have a good diorama with both " vs " in it.

Well, there's the middle body section and the legs. At the very least it should be more than capable of recreating the most iconic fights between itself and Allo.

Spoiler

[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: