You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Top 10 stegosaurs toys [Poll open]

Started by DinoToyForum, December 27, 2019, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top 10 stegosaur toys of all time

Battat Dacentrurus
Bullyland Stegosaurus (2007)
Carnage Stegosaurus by ReSaurus
Carnegie Miragaia
CollectA Dacentrurus (Deluxe)
CollectA Gigantspinosaurus
CollectA Stegosaurus corpse
Favorite soft model series 1 Stegosaurus
Invicta Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Capsule Q series 6 Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Jurassic Park III Stegosaurus
Kenner, The Lost World, Stegosaurus
Mattel, Jurassic World, Stegosaurus
Papo Stegosaurus
PNSO, Age of Dinosaurs, No.07 Chungkingosaurus
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Chungkingosaurus (with Yangchuanosaurus diorama)
PNSO, Huayangosaurus mini (China Post Figures)
PNSO, Kentrosaurus
PNSO, mini No.009 Miragaia
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, No.14 Stegosaurus (Bieber)
PNSO, Age of the Dinosaurs (mini), Tuojiangosaurus (Rahba)
PNSO Wuerhosaurus
Rebor Stegosaurus (Garden)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2015)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2017)
Schleich, Conquering the Earth, Stegosaurus (2016)
Schleich, mini figure, Stegosaurus (2015)
Sega "Microsaurs" Kentrosaurus
Tyco Kentrosaurus
Tyco Stegosaurus
Vitae Wuerhosaurus
Wild Safari Kentrosaurus
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2008)
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2019)
CollectA, Age of Dinosaurs, Kentrosaurus
Haolonggood Dacentrurus
Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus
Mattel, 2022, Legacy Collection, Dr. Sarah Harding & Stegosaurus Pack (adult and baby Stegosaurus)
Mattel, 2021, Dino Escape, Kentrosaurus (Roar Attack)
Mattel, 2023, Dino Trackers Gigantspinosaurus (Strike Attack)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, Miragaia (Rosana)
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Stegosaurus (Biber & Rook)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, Tuojiangosaurus (Qichuan)

Sim

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, is now a good time to re-start the poll with popular new releases included?  When you're satisfied with the amount of votes it gets, I would be happy to make a top 10 video for it. :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 03:44:55 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, is now a good time to re-start the poll with popular new releases included?  When you're satisfied with the amount of votes it gets, I would be happy to make a top 10 video for it. :)

It has been about four and a bit years since the poll was first posted. So, yeah, let's list any new Stegosaurus toys that would be in contention. We don't need to list them all, just the ones that could give the current top 10s a run for their money, i.e, as things stand a figure would have to receive 19 votes or more to make the cut.  I relalise some have already been listed above, but if they could be summarised again I would appreciate it.

Faelrin

I imagine PNSO's Museum line Stegosaurus (adult & baby) belong in the updated poll. Though I doubt it would recieve 19 votes, could I request the Mattel adult Stegosaurus & baby set, Kentrosaurus and Gigantospinosaurus? I'd like to vote for them.

Edit: Forgot PNSO Miragaia (not mini), PNSO Tuojiangosaurus (not mini), and Haolonggood Dacentrurus as well.

Edit 2: And Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I second the recommendation of the PNSO museum series Stegosaurus.  I would also like to vote for the CollectA Kentrosaurus, Haolonggood Dacentrurus, Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus and large PNSO Miragaia.  I think the PNSO large Tuojiangosaurus should be in the poll too and the one currently in the poll changed to specify it's the mini figure.

Halichoeres

Mattel Craterosaurus. Just kidding, I think you guys covered every new one I might vote for.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Agreed, Haolonggood Dacentrurus and Wuerhosaurus should be included (:

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 03:44:55 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, is now a good time to re-start the poll with popular new releases included?  When you're satisfied with the amount of votes it gets, I would be happy to make a top 10 video for it. :)

Oh wow, where would one be able to find this top 10 video? Always down for video reviews.

Sim

Quote from: Quiversaurus on March 07, 2024, 02:36:18 AMOh wow, where would one be able to find this top 10 video? Always down for video reviews.

The video would be posted on the Dinosaur Toy Blog and linked to in this thread.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 05:04:46 PMI second the recommendation of the PNSO museum series Stegosaurus.

You'll have to walk me through this, how is this different to option 21 "PNSO "Prehistoric Models" No.14 Stegosaurus (Bieber)". Is this option 21?: https://dinotoyblog.com/stegosaurus-biber-rook-pnso/ Is there a PNSO line called "Museum Line"? Is Biber different to Bieber?

It would help if you could itemise exactly (i.e. word for word) what I need to add to the poll so l can update it without having to do too much research it myself (it's taking longer than I anticipated!). Please could you check/correct this list?:

CollectA Kentrosaurus [Presumably the 2010 version is the only one?]
Haolonggood Dacentrurus
Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus
PNSO, [line?], (large) Miragaia [Nickname?]
PNSO, "Dinosaurs Museum[?]", Stegosaurus (Biber & Rook)
PNSO, "Prehistoric Animal Models" (large), Tuojiangosaurus (Qichuan)
Mattel, [Jurassic World? specific line?], adult Stegosaurus & baby set
Mattel, [Jurassic World? specific line?], Kentrosaurus
Mattel, [Jurassic World? specific line?], Gigantospinosaurus

and I need to clarify that:

Option 22. PNSO Tuojiangosaurus
is
Option 22. PNSO, "Age of the Dinosaurs" (mini), Tuojiangosaurus (Rahba)

This makes me realise we need to start being more consistent with DinoToyBlog review titles for PNSO figures and make sure we always include the line details and nicknames. I could also add new blog brand categories for the lines.

Sim

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, the Stegosaurus you linked to is the Dinosaurs museum PNSO Stegosaurus.  The PNSO Stegosaurus that is option 21 is this one: https://dinotoyblog.com/stegosaurus-pnso/

I can't help with the Mattel figures as I don't know much about them, but I'm sure avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin can.  For the rest of the list here are the full names of the figures to add to the poll:

CollectA Age of dinosaurs popular Kentrosaurus
Haolonggood Dacentrurus
Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus
PNSO Prehistoric animal models Miragaia (Rosana)
PNSO Dinosaurs museum Stegosaurus (Biber & Rook)
PNSO Prehistoric animal models Tuojiangosaurus (Qichuan)

There is a mini Kentrosaurus by CollectA as well, so to differentiate it I've given the larger figure's full "name".  Option 22 is indeed PNSO Age of the dinosaurs Tuojiangosaurus Rahba (mini).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 08, 2024, 04:41:03 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, the Stegosaurus you linked to is the Dinosaurs museum PNSO Stegosaurus.  The PNSO Stegosaurus that is option 21 is this one: https://dinotoyblog.com/stegosaurus-pnso/

I can't help with the Mattel figures as I don't know much about them, but I'm sure avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin can.  For the rest of the list here are the full names of the figures to add to the poll:

CollectA Age of dinosaurs popular Kentrosaurus
Haolonggood Dacentrurus
Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus
PNSO Prehistoric animal models Miragaia (Rosana)
PNSO Dinosaurs museum Stegosaurus (Biber & Rook)
PNSO Prehistoric animal models Tuojiangosaurus (Qichuan)

There is a mini Kentrosaurus by CollectA as well, so to differentiate it I've given the larger figure's full "name".  Option 22 is indeed PNSO Age of the dinosaurs Tuojiangosaurus Rahba (mini).

Thank you! So, there is a PNSO Stegosaurus called Biber and a completely different one called Bieber. What have we done to be punished so.

I have edited the DinoToyBlog review titles to reflect this, and added the 'lines' to the titles as well.

Faelrin

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum Here's the Mattel Jurassic World stegosaurs I want to vote for in the updated poll:

-2022 Legacy Collection Dr. Sarah Harding & Stegosaurus Pack (adult and baby Stegosaurus)
-2021 Dino Escape Kentrosaurus (Roar Attack)
-2023 Dino Trackers Gigantspinosaurus (Strike Attack)

Other Mattel Jurassic World stegosaurs, for what it is worth, in case anyone has interest in voting for any of these:

-2021 Dino Escape Chialingosaurus (Fierce Force)
-2022 Dominion Miragaia (Ferocious Pack)
-2024 Epic Evolution Craterosaurus (Danger Pack)
-2024 Epic Evolution Hesperosaurus (Wild Roar)
-2024 Epic Evolution Tuojiangosaurus (Strike Attack)

Other Mattel Jurassic World Stegosaurus figures (excluding minis, spin off lines like Snap Squad, etc):

-2023 Dino Trackers (Gigantic Trackers, includes harness, same head sculpt as 2021 Dino Escape-open beak)
-2023 Hammond Collection (baby)
-2021 Dino Escape (Mega Destroyers, includes capture gear, new head sculpt-open beak)
-2020 Camp Cretaceous Camp Adventure Set (includes Stegosaurus, Baryonyx, Ankylosaurus Bumpy mini, and Darius)
-2019 Dino Rivals (Mega Dual Attack)
-2018 Fallen Kingdom (Action Attack) which is in the poll

I have images of all of these mainline (1/18 scale) figures in my guide here.

Edit: Other Mattel (and other brand) stegosaur figures are here (sort by company, or select by company).

DinoToyForum

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin that's fantastic.

I think I have everything I need to update the poll now. :)

DinoToyForum

Okay, I think the poll is updated correctly now? Let me know if I missed anything. Voters should already be able to change their votes, or is the idea that I reset the poll and we start from scratch?

Faelrin

I vote for start from scratch.

Here's the prior vote totals prior just in case they are needed in the future:

Spoiler
Battat Dacentrurus 32 (36%)
Bullyland Stegosaurus (2007) 8 (9%)
Carnage Stegosaurus by ReSaurus 1 (1.1%)
Carnegie Miragaia 47 (52.8%)
CollectA Dacentrurus (Deluxe) 8 (9%)
CollectA Gigantspinosaurus 28 (31.5%)
CollectA Stegosaurus corpse 9 (10.1%)
Favorite soft model series 1 Stegosaurus 13 (14.6%)
Invicta Stegosaurus 20 (22.5%)
Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus 14 (15.7%)
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Capsule Q series 6 Stegosaurus 5 (5.6%)
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Jurassic Park III Stegosaurus 2 (2.2%)
Kenner, The Lost World, Stegosaurus 12 (13.5%)
Mattel, Jurassic World, Stegosaurus 9 (10.1%)
Papo Stegosaurus 8 (9%)
PNSO, Age of Dinosaurs, No.07 Chungkingosaurus 32 (36%)
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Chungkingosaurus (with Yangchuanosaurus diorama) 25 (28.1%)
PNSO, Huayangosaurus mini (China Post Figures) 10 (11.2%)
PNSO, Kentrosaurus 10 (11.2%)
PNSO, mini No.009 Miragaia 5 (5.6%)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, No.14 Stegosaurus (Bieber) 33 (37.1%)
PNSO, Age of the Dinosaurs (mini), Tuojiangosaurus (Rahba) 15 (16.9%)
PNSO Wuerhosaurus 6 (6.7%)
Rebor Stegosaurus (Garden) 28 (31.5%)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2015) 19 (21.3%)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2017) 13 (14.6%)
Schleich, Conquering the Earth, Stegosaurus (2016) 2 (2.2%)
Schleich, mini figure, Stegosaurus (2015) 1 (1.1%)
Sega "Microsaurs" Kentrosaurus 3 (3.4%)
Tyco Kentrosaurus 15 (16.9%)
Tyco Stegosaurus 4 (4.5%)
Vitae Wuerhosaurus 26 (29.2%)
Wild Safari Kentrosaurus 14 (15.7%)
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2008) 9 (10.1%)
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2019) 52 (58.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89
[close]

Sim

I think the vote count should be reset to 0 so that all the models in the poll get an equal chance.  That way everyone voting has the same options.  Some of the voters might not be active anymore so if the current votes are kept, the figures previously in the poll would have an unfair advantage.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 08, 2024, 07:00:43 PMI think the vote count should be reset to 0 so that all the models in the poll get an equal chance.  That way everyone voting has the same options.  Some of the voters might not be active anymore so if the current votes are kept, the figures previously in the poll would have an unfair advantage.

Agreed, I'll reset the poll.

Edit: I've reset the poll, and put a link to the poll on the forum header to encourage people to vote (again).

Halichoeres

That was tough! A mix of Haolonggood, Safari (including the still-gorgeous Carnegie Miragaia), PNSO, Vitae, and Kaiyodo for me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Went with:

- Gigantspinosaurus (CollectA)
- Huayangosaurus (Kaiyodo)
- Miragaia (PNSO, the larger one)
- Stegosaurus (PNSO 2021)
- Stegosaurus (Safari 2019)

SidB

For me, PNSO lead the way with four choices, followed by HLG with two, then Wild Safari, Carnegie, Favorite and Vitae with one each.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: