News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Congrats, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , in getting that rare Battat. I remember being surprised at its very existence, let alone getting one several years ago. Even Dan L. hadn't known about this factory re-release.

Ikessauro

Congrats on the new finds avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , the Battat is for sure a great find. But I love the Giga too, have to get me one of those sometime.

So, as far as acquisitions go, I recently manage to get quite a few items, ranging from second hand Mattel figures, to some Rebor and Nanmu too, which I got from a fellow collector selling them for a great price. Also got some new Mattels, like SCutosaurus from the 93 line, Hammond collection Parasaurolophus.

But I will reserve pictures here to show only the most interesting and "rare?" finds I made in recent times.
First of all, with help of Brett, I acquired this trio of Favorite Tyrannosaurus rex from Japan. I already had found the black and yellow one a while a ago, which was quite exciting

But this time I manage to find this lot with not only the same one I already had, but two more unique variants. The blue one I had seen before on other people's collections, but I have to say, that light green one is news to me.

Does anyone know when it was released? Is it a special edition or simply color variant? At first I even considere it could be a custom, before its arrival. But now that I have it in hand, it does feel factory painted, exactly like other Favorite models, also the belly has the same stamp, very crispy and easy to read the name of the figure and brand, so I don't think it is a bootleg, specially since the texture and details are really good, not softened like cheap fake copies. Here is it with the "regular" green Favorite T.rex I've had for years. Any info you guys can provide, would be welcome.

Also, coming from Japan, I got this quite unique looking Safari Ltd Nile Crocodile. I've had the Safari Ltd "Table Top Croc" for a while, still in the original blister. But I didn't even consider there was a huge version of it out there. Make sense that Safari would make this, since that 1995 to 1999 period was a golden age of huge models for them. It is even larger than the massive "Giant Alligator", I included in the pic for comparison. I had never seen this piece before, also never even heard of it anywhere before I found it for sale.

Last, I found this weird Invicta Glyptodon on eBay.I bought it considering it probably was a repaint, but hoping it could be a lost variant of the Glyptodon with factory paint ;D . The type of paint looked similar to the factory painted Invictas. But the underlying plastic does not look like the translucent rubbery type used in painted Invictas, it appears to be the regular tan color Glyptodon plastic. The seller couldn't confirm if it was factory painted or a custom. After seeing it in person, I'm leaning more to it being a custom painted, because the paint application is thin in some areas, barely covering the plastic color. Also, why a green Glyptodon, of all colors?

Fembrogon

Spectacular acquisitions, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro! I have too many T. rexes already, but that series 1 Favorite rex still impresses me and tempts me. The light green variant looks very cool.
I feel like I must have encountered that safari tabletop croc once in my childhood... but that giant version is something else!! Wow!!! How I yearn for the days toy companies could still afford to produce such ambitious products.

I've had a few new acquisitions this past month, but I never got around to sharing them:

A couple more painted Invictas! This time a pair of Glyptodons. They're distinct in their striping and shade, which is neat. At least one has some distracting paint scuffs, though.

A few goodies from the last Happy Hen sale. Mamenchisaurus is really cool, although I wish it's coloration was more interesting. Biber is a pretty solid Stegosaurus, and Yuseng is a welcome new pterosaur. Also, plants! Those are nice.

I also placed an order with Dejankins because I just felt like it, to scratch off some more items on my wishlist. The Southlands Replicas Diprotodon and Favorite Stegosaurus are the stars here, although I'd been eyeballing all of these for a while now.

Sim

Today I received the PNSO Spinosaurus Aymen.  It's a spectacular figure and the best scaly figure by PNSO in my opinion, surpassing the Tylosaurus and tied in how good it is with PNSO's Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus.  I'm happy to finally have a satisfying Spinosaurus figure!  If my collection has a carnivore king it would be this Spinosaurus, not my Tyrannosaurus.  (The herbivore king of my collection would be the Haolonggood Apatosaurus.)

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

bmathison1972

My Aymen came in about a week ago. I have been debating on the CollectA plants for my diorama pics for my 'Museum' thread and Blog reviews.

SidB

I picked this JP truck and rex up years ago at a local Value Village , ad just recently found it in a storage box. Its by Amblin, dating back to 1997, and seems to be missing something from atop the driver's cab roof. Approximately 1/50 scale I'd guesstimate.
Does anyone know more about this item, especially you JP fans out there?

SidB

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 08, 2024, 08:31:37 PMMy Aymen came in about a week ago. I have been debating on the CollectA plants for my diorama pics for my 'Museum' thread and Blog reviews.
Which ones are you considering using?

bmathison1972

Quote from: SidB on March 09, 2024, 01:07:23 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 08, 2024, 08:31:37 PMMy Aymen came in about a week ago. I have been debating on the CollectA plants for my diorama pics for my 'Museum' thread and Blog reviews.
Which ones are you considering using?

Not sure what you mean. I would get the plants to use in several images, as appropriate for the animal they are paired with. Not the Spinosaurus specifically.

CityRaptor

Quote from: SidB on March 09, 2024, 01:04:45 PMI picked this JP truck and rex up years ago at a local Value Village , ad just recently found it in a storage box. Its by Amblin, dating back to 1997, and seems to be missing something from atop the driver's cab roof. Approximately 1/50 scale I'd guesstimate.

This would be one of the Rage Rigs from this toyline:
https://matchbox.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lost_World:_Jurassic_Park
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Retrosaurus

I got another addition to my growing collection of early-run Carnegies. This time it's the very first version of their commando-crawling pteranodon figure. The level of detail on the early version compared to the more common second mould version is really outstanding. In other news, there is a very big package on the way from Germany with a lot of famous monochrome dinosaurs in it, and as someone who doesn't often keep doubles of figures there might be some coming up on here for trade...

SidB

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 09, 2024, 07:21:58 PM
Quote from: SidB on March 09, 2024, 01:04:45 PMI picked this JP truck and rex up years ago at a local Value Village , ad just recently found it in a storage box. Its by Amblin, dating back to 1997, and seems to be missing something from atop the driver's cab roof. Approximately 1/50 scale I'd guesstimate.

This would be one of the Rage Rigs from this toyline:
https://matchbox.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lost_World:_Jurassic_Park
Ah, RAGE RIGS, what a perfect name. And a Matchbox product too, with Amblin? Thanks, avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor .

BlueKrono

Picked up this incredible find at a toy show this morning: the large AAA Dimetrodon. Will the wonders of early AAA never cease? I figure it must be pretty rare because even the Animal Toy Wiki doesn't have an entry for it. It is truly massive at 17" (43 cm), and is quite heavy.

I also picked up a Funko Pop of Apex's Wattson since she came with a plush Nessie (in plastic). This is the second Nessie Funko has made. It is among my smallest plesiosaurs at about 1" long.

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Nice find. I was doing some research on AAA Dimetrodons in preparation for my recent review of, what I dubbed, the "small version" https://dinotoyblog.com/dimetrodon-small-version-aaa/ , and I counted at least five including your new acquisition. There may be more!

BlueKrono

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 10, 2024, 07:32:47 PMNice find. I was doing some research on AAA Dimetrodons in preparation for my recent review of, what I dubbed, the "small version" https://dinotoyblog.com/dimetrodon-small-version-aaa/ , and I counted at least five including your new acquisition. There may be more!

Coincidentally, I think the one in the review is the only one I'm still missing!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I haven't seen that AAA Dimetrodon! They were really the peak of animal figures when I was a kid. Good to see photos from you! More to come?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 11, 2024, 11:00:37 PMI haven't seen that AAA Dimetrodon! They were really the peak of animal figures when I was a kid. Good to see photos from you! More to come?

Probably not many. I still can't upload pics directly to the site, so its still mildly tedious.

Roselaar

Scored some new and old Mattelsaurs, got a little extra cash so I can finally hunt down some of the older figures I missed out on back when. :)

Carnoking

Say... those AC figures look a tad familiar...

PrimevalRaptor

Finally got the Schleich Gastonia after a huge sale, the paint app iiiis a bit sloppy (and I kinda wish they painted all the osteoderms) and of course it should be wider but the pose and sculpt itself are pretty nice. Definitely one of their better offerings.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: