News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 16, 2024, 10:47:47 PMusing the base as a scale I would estimate the Mamenchisaurus at about 70 cm length
Would that be curve length or horizontal length?  The image with Haolonggood's upcoming sauropods with some of their existing ones could help give an idea of the Mamenchisaurus's size too, but I can't find it!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2024, 10:55:43 PM....... The image with Haolonggood's upcoming sauropods with some of their existing ones could help give an idea of the Mamenchisaurus's size too, but I can't find it!

Here it is (I've put it in the first post as well):

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 17, 2024, 08:56:17 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2024, 10:55:43 PM....... The image with Haolonggood's upcoming sauropods with some of their existing ones could help give an idea of the Mamenchisaurus's size too, but I can't find it!

Here it is (I've put it in the first post as well):

I just noticed that the Alamosaurus in reality is actually shorter in comparison to the Apatosaurus than this image would suggest. Part of this is probably due to the curled tail. But nevertheless I get the impression that the four large sauropods appear a bit too large.

For the purpose of comparison I include a link to the picture which shows the Mamenchisaurus on the base of the Alamosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2024, 10:29:37 PMI've been looking at photos of the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus in Paleofiguras' latest post on it.  I've been taking an interest in the Shishugou Formation animals, I've got a Guanlong, I have the Vitae Sinraptor coming and I might get a Monolophosaurus.  I saw that Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum is from this ecosystem as well and remembered that's the species of Haolonggood's Mamenchisaurus.  Does anyone know how big the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus is?

Did Haolonggood specify they're making M. sinocanadorum, or are people just inferring that based on the size of it?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 17, 2024, 08:35:54 PMDid Haolonggood specify they're making M. sinocanadorum, or are people just inferring that based on the size of it?
Haolonggood didn't specify the species, people are inferring it from the figure's size.  It has the tail club so it could be based on M. hochuanensis.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 17, 2024, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 17, 2024, 08:35:54 PMDid Haolonggood specify they're making M. sinocanadorum, or are people just inferring that based on the size of it?
Haolonggood didn't specify the species, people are inferring it from the figure's size.  It has the tail club so it could be based on M. hochuanensis.

Thanks! I'm undecided on whether to get this one, considering that Mamenchisaurus will probably be split into multiple genera one day. The more different from CollectA's it is, the more likely I am to buy it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

I've decided not to get the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus.  It looks excellent, but I'm happy with CollectA's and they both appear to be based on M. hochuanensis, I don't need two.

Halichoeres

Yeah, if it's based on hochuanensis I'm in the same boat. But hey, plenty of other Haolonggoodies to throw my money at!

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has the Chasmosaurus in stock now. And they published additional in hand pictures of their website and social media.

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on March 18, 2024, 04:22:25 PMI've decided not to get the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus.  It looks excellent, but I'm happy with CollectA's and they both appear to be based on M. hochuanensis, I don't need two.

Based on which observations do you conclude that the Haolonggood model would be Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis? Is it only the presence of the tail club? Could other species of Mamenchisaurus also have had a tail club given the still fragmentary fossil record of some of the species?

Sim

The tail club is based on Mamenchisaurus hocuanensis.  I think it's possible other Mamenchisaurus species had it too, as far as I know the tail tip has only been preserved in the M. hochuanensis specimen with the tail club.  The head of Haolonggood's Mamenchisaurus seems to reference the skull of M. hochuanensis, although M. sinocanadorum's skull is more fragmentary though sinocanadorum's lower jaw looks like that of hochuanensis except larger.  I think it's possible that the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus is M. sinocanadorum, but in part at least it is based on hochuanensis in areas not preserved for sinocanadorum.  Since the figure looks like hochuanensis and is at least in part based on it, I'm going to treat it as hochuanensis.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras has posted more in hand pictures of the Chasmosaurus:

Carnoking

I snagged a green one during the aliexpress sale. With each new batch of photos, I feel more and more happy with my choice!

Concavenator

Paleofiguras told me we're getting...

An AMARGASAURUS!!

Ahhh soo hyped!

marisaura

Quote from: Concavenator on March 20, 2024, 03:01:13 AMPaleofiguras told me we're getting...

An AMARGASAURUS!!

Ahhh soo hyped!

if this is true, i hope it has a proper sail as recent studies have suggested! imo the battat version is still the best after almost 30 years, so i wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Pinbacker

Judging by the photo on Paleofiguras, they are doing an Amargosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diabloceratops, Einosaurus, several other ceratopsians, various ankylosaurids, Stegosaurus u., Tuojiangosaurus (?), several hadrosaurs, and more...and this is only one page of their 2024 catalogue...

TlatolophusJuanorum

From what I have recognized yet, I would dare to say here we have
Kentrosaurus!!, Amargasaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Ankylosaurine*?, and Camarasaurus for the first row
Gastonia, Euplocephalus, Brachylophosaurus!!?, Stegosaurus ungulatus, and Edmontosaurus annectens for the second
and Diabloceratops, indet centrosaurine, Styracosaurus, Einiosaurus, and Medusaceratops for the third

Dear wallet: you're gonna suffer several outrages this year. I'm so hyped!  ;D  ;D  ;D

**This makes for 15 figures, but if we include Chasmosaurus and Alamosaurus as 2024 figures, we get 17 out of proposed 30 figures they have announced.

Concavenator

I'd ID them as:

- Mamenchisaurus
- Camarasaurus
- Amargasaurus
- Huayangosaurus?
- Zuul?

- Hungarosaurus?
- Euoplocephalus
- Maiasaura
- Stegosaurus ungulatus
- Edmontosaurus

- Diabloceratops
- Anchiceratops?
- Styracosaurus
- Einiosaurus
- Furcatoceratops?

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum if we count Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus as well, that would make 19.

Exciting choices here!  ^-^

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I see something that definitely resembles Tarchia or Saichania, both genuses I've desperately wanted! The Amargasaurus I would've preferred with a bit more flesh over the spines but it's nonetheless wonderful!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I almost forgot to mention camarasaurus will be an instant buy for me!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: