News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

Beautiful model, I too am very impressed by this figure.

Gwangi

The year is young but I think this will be widely regarded as one of the year's best.

crazy8wizard

I better rearrange some space in the Early Jurassic zone in my shelf!

Joel1905

Quote from: Abobo on March 26, 2024, 07:11:09 PM

I must say I'm very happy and relieved that the Sinosaurus has lips in that artwork... there was a small part of me that was worried they'd reverted to liplessness after the Spinosaurus, obviously they just think that Spinosaurids convergently evolved Crocodile smiles whilst other theropod lineages kept their lizard lips.

Flaffy

Stunning figure. Only caveat is that I don't imagine it standing unsupported for long with that dynamic pose.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

To be honest I can't see any prosauropod standing without a stand for long with those proportions lol.

SRF

It really is a shame PNSO didn't try a coloration like this on one of their theropods from last year.

I don't want to bash this figure, but I did notice a seam on this figure where the right arm connects to the body. With other recent figures from PNSO with larger arms, this wasn't the case anymore. Seems like a minor step back for PNSO's engineering.
But today, I'm just being father

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on March 27, 2024, 08:23:54 AMIt really is a shame PNSO didn't try a coloration like this on one of their theropods from last year.

I don't want to bash this figure, but I did notice a seam on this figure where the right arm connects to the body. With other recent figures from PNSO with larger arms, this wasn't the case anymore. Seems like a minor step back for PNSO's engineering.

Not to pile on but the head is a bit less detailed than I had first thought too. I mean there isn't a lot there detail wise anyway but scales, teeth paint, all that makes it better.  I ordered it anyway, my other Plateosaurs are CollectA, Carnegie and Marx so it's still a great upgrade.

SenSx

Could this figure be used as a 1/35 Plateosaurus or are there too many morphologic and size differences between the two ?

Joel1905

Quote from: SenSx on March 27, 2024, 05:04:37 PMCould this figure be used as a 1/35 Plateosaurus or are there too many morphologic and size differences between the two ?

Nope, for starters their head shapes are totally different, Plateosaurus has much bigger hands and claws and a shorter neck.

Joel1905

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2024, 04:50:49 PM
Quote from: SRF on March 27, 2024, 08:23:54 AMIt really is a shame PNSO didn't try a coloration like this on one of their theropods from last year.

Not to pile on but the head is a bit less detailed than I had first thought too. I mean there isn't a lot there detail wise anyway but scales, teeth paint, all that makes it better.  I ordered it anyway, my other Plateosaurs are CollectA, Carnegie and Marx so it's still a great upgrade.

The head definitely needs a minor touch up going by the in hand pics. It's just a matter of quality control with the paint, and it'll no doubt vary from figure to figure.

SenSx

Quote from: Joel1905 on March 27, 2024, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: SenSx on March 27, 2024, 05:04:37 PMCould this figure be used as a 1/35 Plateosaurus or are there too many morphologic and size differences between the two ?

Nope, for starters their head shapes are totally different, Plateosaurus has much bigger hands and claws and a shorter neck.

Yep I figured the head would be one of the major difference...
Thanks.

Faras

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 26, 2024, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on March 26, 2024, 04:06:52 PM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on March 26, 2024, 04:02:37 PM..and, here come the in-hand images

Also, is it me or is that a completely different stand placement than what was shown in the promos? It used to rest at the base of the neck and now its on the torso. It's not a problem by any stretch, just a little odd is all.

They probably used a stand from another model in the second pic for some reason.

It comes with shorter stand instead of the one in promos.

Head is about the size of little fingernail.

Halichoeres

This is the most exciting thing to come down the pike from PNSO in a couple of years. Can't wait for Happy Hen to get it in stock.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Joel1905

Do any Chinese friends know about the availability of those extant animals that PNSO are uploading onto their youtube channel? (Komodo Dragon, Wolf, Brown Bear etc)

Paleofiguras posted images of them last year but apart from that they seem to be a mystery?

Gwangi

Quote from: Joel1905 on March 30, 2024, 03:10:32 PMDo any Chinese friends know about the availability of those extant animals that PNSO are uploading onto their youtube channel? (Komodo Dragon, Wolf, Brown Bear etc)

Paleofiguras posted images of them last year but apart from that they seem to be a mystery?

I'm curious about those as well, there are a few that I wanted to get.

Joel1905

Quote from: Gwangi on March 30, 2024, 03:28:25 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on March 30, 2024, 03:10:32 PMDo any Chinese friends know about the availability of those extant animals that PNSO are uploading onto their youtube channel? (Komodo Dragon, Wolf, Brown Bear etc)

I'm curious about those as well, there are a few that I wanted to get.

Yep, especially as some might fit roughly into 1:35. The Komodo Dragon, Wolf, Brown Bear, Great White Shark, Hammerhead Shark, Manta Ray, Bottlenose Dolphin, the two seals, Walrus, Horse, Colossal Squid, Camel & Bison are the standouts.

Carnoking

Not to be outdone by the newly revealed Lufengosaurus, I got my copy of Zabad earlier this month. I know HLG has one of these coming for about half the price, but my word if PNSO's take isn't fantastic! The sculpt, pose, size, and pattern really make it worth that extra dough in my book.

Spoiler

Here he is with Safari's offering, gone too soon  :'(

[close]

Spoiler

Safari's was a little too small for my taste back in the day, so I had to get CollectA to scratch my properly sized Edmontosaurus itch. Comparing the heads, PNSO's feels more gracile and low than CollectA's take on E. regalis.

[close]

Spoiler

But when compared to Ancestors E. annectens, it does come across as stockier. I can't say I'd be too upset if PNSO followed up Zabad with a proper E. annectens...

[close]

Anyway you slice it though, Zabad is far and away the easy favorite of my growing Edmontosaurus herd.

Not only that, but he makes for an easy standout among PNSO's other hadrosaurids!

Spoiler

Alongside the beautiful but ridiculously overpriced Xiaoqin, the Tsintaosaurus.

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Audrey the Lambeosaurus

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Caroline the Corythosaurus

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Ivan

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Wyatt, the previous gold standard in my book.

[close]

Here he is with his Cretaceous Contemporaries. PNSO is really building out this group nicely!

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

Hadrosaurs, Ceratopsians, or Sauropods, it's all the same to PNSO. Say what you will about them, but I'm yet to find another company to so consistently knock figures of every group out of the park!

[close]

Of course, poor Zabad can't escape some T. rex comparisons.

Spoiler

Cameron might be in for a bit of a fight here...

[close]

Spoiler

Wilson might want to weigh his options before going after the likes of Zabad.

[close]

Spoiler

And Logan is definitely biting off more than he can chew!

[close]

Concavenator

OK, March has passed already and there's been no Euoplocephalus by PNSO. So we can now officially claim that list was fake. At least they made it look believable. I would still be interested in a Shunosaurus, hopefully they'll make it. The only one from that list that would interest me.

Speaking of which, I saw this image on Baidu and got excited:

But then I realized it's a painting (and I noticed today's date, too)...  :P

ozxmandias

Just a heads up but the Lufengosaurus is finally avaliable in the official PNSO store on AE

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMhcUl4

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: