News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnotaurusKing

Rarely produced taxon? With substantial fossil remains? From a largely overlooked group? Sign me up!
Gorgeous model, absolutely no qualms.

Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus and Meraxes are basically the same animal. Genera are arbitrary, but Mapusaurus might even be a junior synonym of Giganotosaurus. If PNSO could do those three one after the other, I don't see why they can't spam us with basal sauropodomorphs. Massospondylus, Jingshanosaurus, Plateosaurus, Riojasaurus, Melanorosaurus, the list goes on. Disappointing how few models there are for such well known species.

A Sinosaurus would be just as exciting. Maybe even a Panguraptor, though PNSO isn't big on small species (heh). Sticking with Chinese dinosaurs, a new Monolophosaurus would be swell.

Takama

QuoteUpcoming PNSO figures for 2024:

January: Edmontosaurus
February: N/A
March: Euoplocephalus
April: Neovenator
May: Chasmosaurus
June: Gigantoraptor
July: Ichthyovenator
August: Saurolophus
September: Alioramus
October: Chungkingosaurus
November: Ceratosaurus
December: Shunosaurus

So i guess this list was all speculation, to say the least?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on March 24, 2024, 04:03:52 AM

Find out next month if that month is right or not.

Tracewyrm!

PNSO removed their AI generated background after it got some backlash. Much better, if you ask me.

* (It's locked.)

BlueKrono

Now there's an image befitting a professional company.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Joel1905

Quote from: Takama on March 24, 2024, 04:03:52 AM

It might be, although its worth noting that PNSO have thrown some curveballs over the years, there's been several occasions where they've released two figures within days of each other.

There was also that leaked 2022 list that did turn out be accurate, but PNSO released a surprise Zhuchengtyrannus that wasn't on the list!

If the list is correct, then Wednesday might see another release...

Faelrin

Glad to see they listen and promptly fixed the situation (the AI generated background image).

I really hope they make a Sinosaurus to go with this one. It's so beautiful and I'd love to have a contemporary with it. The only other one out there is that rare Recur one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I'm excited for this new Lufengosaurus, I've got nothing like it in my collection!  It'll be so good to enjoy this new type of animal!

Sim

Also, for those interested, this Lufengosaurus can stand in for the sauropodomorphs Dilophosaurus and Cryolophosaurus existed with.

Sim

Oh, I also have to say I'm very happy that list of mostly fragmentary Chinese dinosaurs turned out not to be what PNSO is releasing!  I've got Vitae's Jinyunpelta now so nothing on that list is of interest to me.

Dan

Use Dan's Dinosaurs promo code "dtfmember" during checkout for
$7.00 off PNSO Lufengosaurus 2024 version
Offer expires today
Redeem here:
https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/lufengosaurus-2024-version-by-pnso/

Tracewyrm!

Better view of the Lufengosaurus' side angle!

* (It's locked.)

Tracewyrm!

..and, here come the in-hand images! The green looks a little less bright, but its nothing I wasn't expecting. The head looks a little more black than the reddish look it had in the promo images, though.

* (It's locked.)

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on March 26, 2024, 04:02:37 PM..and, here come the in-hand images

Also, is it me or is that a completely different stand placement than what was shown in the promos? It used to rest at the base of the neck and now its on the torso. It's not a problem by any stretch, just a little odd is all.

* (It's locked.)

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on March 23, 2024, 09:47:47 PMI find it funny how prosauropods and therizinosaurians look like the reptilian and avian versions of each other respectively.  Before it was discovered that therizinosaurians are theropods, it was thought they evolved from prosauropods.

That's an interesting comparison! Myself, I tend to see "prosauropods" as herbivore versions of megaraptorids, with their slender heads and robust forearms.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on March 26, 2024, 04:06:52 PM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on March 26, 2024, 04:02:37 PM..and, here come the in-hand images

Also, is it me or is that a completely different stand placement than what was shown in the promos? It used to rest at the base of the neck and now its on the torso. It's not a problem by any stretch, just a little odd is all.

They probably used a stand from another model in the second pic for some reason.

Abobo

Sim

I wonder if that illustration is another hint Sinosaurus is coming from PNSO.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I very much hope so! It's a very unique species!

Fenestra

I'm really impressed by this figure. I like everything about it. Nice colours and good pose.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: