News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: HD-man on February 21, 2024, 10:00:22 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 21, 2024, 12:57:15 PMIf sre that serius

I say Godzilla

avatar_Takama @Takama Looks like you accidentally double-quoted me :P Just making sure you notice.

Must of been a glitch or something on my phone.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Gwangi

As usual, The Skeleton Crew beautifully articulates how I feel about the Jurassic Franchise. Skip to 34:30 for the portion I'm wishing to share.

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 4---a source claims Scarlett Johansson (BLACK WIDOW) has been offered the leading role in the latest dinosaur sequel. Johansson has reportedly met with director Gareth Edwards and producer Frank Marshall. A rumor claims the sequel is titled JURASSIC CITY.

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on March 14, 2024, 02:17:01 PMJURASSIC WORLD 4---a source claims Scarlett Johansson (BLACK WIDOW) has been offered the leading role in the latest dinosaur sequel. Johansson has reportedly met with director Gareth Edwards and producer Frank Marshall. A rumor claims the sequel is titled JURASSIC CITY.

Will the plot be a remake of this awful film?

HD-man

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 4---Scarlett Johansson is confirmed to be in talks to star in the Gareth Edwards sequel. Sources claim Jennifer Lawrence was the top candidate, but she turned the role down.

HD-man

Blade-of-the-Moon

I need to see the film specifically about Black Widow or something else  she is the main character in to see how her acting is. The other films I have seen her in were so full of others I can't really pinpoint how good she is.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2024, 04:48:23 PMI need to see the film specifically about Black Widow or something else  she is the main character in to see how her acting is. The other films I have seen her in were so full of others I can't really pinpoint how good she is.

She's an excellent actress. Offhand... Jojo Rabbit, Marriage Story, and Under the Skin show off her acting chops well. Frankly, she's better than this franchise deserves. If they get her it would be a win. 

Carnoking

My concern is, if this indeed an "action focused" script (whatever that means) that they'll just have her doing a watered down Black Widow persona.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on March 27, 2024, 05:38:18 PMMy concern is, if this indeed an "action focused" script (whatever that means) that they'll just have her doing a watered down Black Widow persona.

I'm not sure that ScarJo would take the part if that were the case. She's matured a lot as an actress over the years and can afford to be picky about the roles she takes. I think the action star/Black Widow days are behind her now. If anything, her turning it down or accepting it will probably give us a clue as to the quality of the story and script. That JLaw turned it down is somewhat telling too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on March 27, 2024, 05:34:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2024, 04:48:23 PMI need to see the film specifically about Black Widow or something else  she is the main character in to see how her acting is. The other films I have seen her in were so full of others I can't really pinpoint how good she is.

She's an excellent actress. Offhand... Jojo Rabbit, Marriage Story, and Under the Skin show off her acting chops well. Frankly, she's better than this franchise deserves. If they get her it would be a win. 

See most of those are just out of my usual wheelhouse. I'll try and look them up if she takes the role. We have no real idea what they are looking for but hopefully the actor selections are a bit telling in the end.  I would think some sort of "action" role is a given since this is Jurassic Park/World film at any rate. I really would like to see more in depth characters not just forgettable roles.  I'm still upset how they treated Claire by thinking she needed Owen/Pratt , who pushed her aside in the end.

dragon53

TRIVIA---according to inside sources, when Universal Studios had talks with David Leitch (JOHN WICK) to direct JURASSIC WORLD 4, the ghost of Michael Crichton did not want a dinosaur assassin movie, so it haunted Universal Studios Hollywood's Jurassic World: The Ride and Universal Orlando's Jurassic Park which scared thousands of guests and caused attendance to plummet. This led to Universal ending talks with Leitch and hiring Gareth Edwards. Crichton's ghost then disappeared which resulted in attendance returning to normal.

PumperKrickel

This april fool's "joke" is kinda in bad taste, sorry.

HD-man

Carnoking

Just gonna throw this out there that rumors are circulating that Dev Patel is in talks to join the cast.

Strong actor, and I'm wondering if his recent work on Monkey Man put him on Universal's radar for this film. Would again seem to fit the narrative of them wanting this film to be "action focused."

All hearsay obviously, nothing confirmed, and no promise that he'd be a lead, but seems like a good time to bring it up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PumperKrickel on April 13, 2024, 02:25:49 PMThe rumors regarding Scarlett Johansson suggest we might get the first female lead, which is a step in the right direction I guess.

Bryce/Claire was supposed to be our first female lead before they brought in Pratt. Hopefully she gets it and some exec doesn't toss in someone else for more star power.

Carnoking

Jurassic Outpost released another update that Colman Domingo is also rumored to be in talks to join the cast as the lead villain. They also mentioned Nicholas Hoult, the first time I've seen his name tossed into the ring, but I very well could have missed something.

HD-man

Quote from: Carnoking on April 16, 2024, 01:09:43 AMThey also mentioned Nicholas Hoult,

I hope you don't mind, but when I read that, the 1st thing I thought of was Andre Braugher (who played Captain Holt in Brooklyn Nine-Nine) & how much I miss him :'( Would've loved to have seen him in a worthy JP/JW role. AFAIK, he was both recognizable & very good at becoming his character (E.g. Besides Holt, I especially liked him as Darkseid in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse). For comparison, it's hard not to see Christopher Walken as just himself in his more recent roles (E.g. Dune: Part 2 & The Jungle Book).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: