News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Ambre on May 10, 2024, 12:31:58 PMI don't know if this is the right page for this but i wanted to know if anyone had ordered the Haolonggod Apatosaurus (Yellow) recently. I ask this because i just receive mine and it seems a lot darker and less vibrant than what i saw in some reviews. It dosen't bother me much but i wanted to know if it was something that I could avoid? Especially with big expensive models like this one. I had the same issue with the PNSO anylosaurus and i wandered if the reason was the same.

I orderd it on Aliexpress with Model Toy Center if that matters

Don't worry.. I think it's just some reviews have more professional lighting & color editing in their videos.

Checkout the difference between "Andy's dinosaur reviews" (normal) and "Dino Screan reviews" (vibrant, every color pops up.. even gray one) on youtube.

This my apatosaurus in natural light:
https://ibb.co/zJF3HP4
https://ibb.co/Fxyc78f

And this is under just the spot light in my room:
https://ibb.co/vVxrFQw

PoptartDoodle

I'm noticing Haolonggood has been offering more repaints on various models, however every time I see a post of it, it was made 6-7 hours previously and are not available.
Are they selling out that quickly, how limited are they?
The Apatosaurus offering from 2 days ago is stunning and I desperately want one.

Faelrin

P @PoptartDoodle The Sinoceratops one is still available, last time I checked. Been available for quite a while now. I would have snatched it up already if I could have afforded it. I like the coloration it has.

By the way for the curious here's the recent Artist Edition models (more on Amazon or Paleofiguras):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

The green Edmontonia is fantastic.

Carnoking

Love the pattern on the dicraeosaurus!

Cretaceous Hunter

Quote from: PoptartDoodle on May 10, 2024, 10:42:33 PMI'm noticing Haolonggood has been offering more repaints on various models, however every time I see a post of it, it was made 6-7 hours previously and are not available.
Are they selling out that quickly, how limited are they?
The Apatosaurus offering from 2 days ago is stunning and I desperately want one.

These are unique repaints by V @vampiredesign , which is why they are so hard to get. There is only 1 of each repainted figure pictured listed on Amazon. There seems to be more releases of the same species now, but the paint scheme for each has always been unique.  I've found that once the official announcement goes out, the figures have probably sold before you finish reading the post. Your best bet is to periodically check the Haolonggood Amazon store in the morning (US time) before the post goes out.

Ambre

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 10, 2024, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: Ambre on May 10, 2024, 12:31:58 PMI don't know if this is the right page for this but i wanted to know if anyone had ordered the Haolonggod Apatosaurus (Yellow) recently. I ask this because i just receive mine and it seems a lot darker and less vibrant than what i saw in some reviews. It dosen't bother me much but i wanted to know if it was something that I could avoid? Especially with big expensive models like this one. I had the same issue with the PNSO anylosaurus and i wandered if the reason was the same.

I orderd it on Aliexpress with Model Toy Center if that matters

Don't worry.. I think it's just some reviews have more professional lighting & color editing in their videos.

Checkout the difference between "Andy's dinosaur reviews" (normal) and "Dino Screan reviews" (vibrant, every color pops up.. even gray one) on youtube.

This my apatosaurus in natural light:
https://ibb.co/zJF3HP4
https://ibb.co/Fxyc78f

And this is under just the spot light in my room:
https://ibb.co/vVxrFQw

Thank you for your response !
It was just a lighting issue, when i put the apato directly in the sunlight i get a color scheme more similar to what i saw in reviews. The darker coloration is due to the lack of light in my display area.

thomasw100

The next Haolonggood release should come pretty soon. It has been 20 days since the last one. If they really want to release 30 species this year as they announced, they have to catch up a bit. They have released 5 species in 2024 and we are in the middle of May already.

Concavenator

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 12, 2024, 12:22:16 PMIf they really want to release 30 species this year as they announced, they have to catch up a bit.

If they don't get to release 30 figures this year as they said they would, it's OK in my book. Quality is more important than quantity. Better ensure each individual release is as good as possible. HLG (and PNSO) may not be releasing as much stuff as they used to, but I would say they're at their prime when it comes to quality, which we can all appreciate.

Flaffy

Quality > Quantity. A rushed product is never good. ;)

Carnoking

Might have been neat to see that Maiasaura revealed on Mother's Day

Elengassen

Quote from: Carnoking on May 12, 2024, 05:15:12 PMMight have been neat to see that Maiasaura revealed on Mother's Day

That would be playing up to the stereotype a bit though wouldn't it?  ;D
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Elengassen on May 12, 2024, 11:51:16 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 12, 2024, 05:15:12 PMMight have been neat to see that Maiasaura revealed on Mother's Day

That would be playing up to the stereotype a bit though wouldn't it?  ;D

They'll change things up and drop it on Father's Day. (Or some other American holiday not observed in China  ;D  )
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

vampiredesign

Don't worry, I'm leaving a message again. I am personally quite satisfied with the Apatosaurus I drew. I prefer Ampelosaurus. Yes, after I finished drawing, I took photos and uploaded them for sale. This kind of painting is done slowly and not done in batches. On TikTok, there will be some video clips where we are creating and painting (I want to persuade my colleague to take more photos, she's a bit lazy). I am planning to complete two carnivorous dinosaurs in the near future^-^

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 13, 2024, 01:34:11 PMDon't worry, I'm leaving a message again. I am personally quite satisfied with the Apatosaurus I drew. I prefer Ampelosaurus. Yes, after I finished drawing, I took photos and uploaded them for sale. This kind of painting is done slowly and not done in batches. On TikTok, there will be some video clips where we are creating and painting (I want to persuade my colleague to take more photos, she's a bit lazy). I am planning to complete two carnivorous dinosaurs in the near future^-^

I would have a question to you actually. Is Haolonggood planning to release the two other large sauropods (presumably a Brachiosaurus and an Argentinosaurus) that were shown in the teaser image still this year? This would be an important information for budget planning for many of us as these large models take up a considerable fraction of what many people are able or willing to spend on dinosaur models per year. The two sauropods were not included on that page from the Haolonggood catalogue that was showing the planned herbivore models for 2024. Instead, Camarasaurus and Amargasaurus were shown on that page.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Primeval12

Flaffy

Glad to see a new Maiasaura being available on the market, but a damn shame it's the outdated and innaccurate hornlet reconstruction. Battat's original Maiasaura still reigns supreme, a testimate to how strong those sculpts were.

Interstingly even the Carnegie Maiasaura features the joint crest reconstruction, though slightly crude for modern standards.

Carnoking

Well it was close to Mother's Day anyway!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh my god it comes with a baby, this is amazing!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: