News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

Earlier today I received my first carnivore I did order from PNSO (I accidently got Meraxes once instead of Miragaia): Donald, the Saurophaganax. So I had to take some pictures along with his contemporary herbivore fellas.
"Between the high grass something is approaching"

Donald sees with hunger potential prey

HLG Apatosaurus and Eofauna Diplodocus seem to be too big to risk himself...

*Some loud roaring in the background puts both Bieber and Rook in alert*

Also Biber notices the sound... that smelly smell...
A smelly smell that smells smelly...

Oh... so it's him. Donald approaches with belly-filling intention.

En garde!

The sudden noise gets the atention for Diplodocus and Apatosaurus.

You wanna some of this? Ya' makin' some mess in my thag range!

Gotcha!

Not this time Donald...

Team Donald is blasting off agaaain

Finally some direct comparison with my own Morrison Formation Dinosaurs.

And one with the 1rst and 2nd place of 2023s poll!

Maybe after HLG releases its Mamenchisaurus  I would buy Y.magnus from them  :)

Faelrin

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum Beautiful picture series, and fun little story. Thanks for sharing.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Faelrin on April 06, 2024, 05:47:50 AMavatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum Beautiful picture series, and fun little story. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot! :D

Carnoking

Heads up, Dapeng is currently 50% off on Amazon!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2024, 11:50:39 AMHeads up, Dapeng is currently 50% off on Amazon!

and he did right after I paid full price. Figures.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2024, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2024, 11:50:39 AMHeads up, Dapeng is currently 50% off on Amazon!

and he did right after I paid full price. Figures.

I will say, all these sales are really dampening the priority status I give to getting new PNSO releases.

Concavenator

Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2024, 08:35:10 PMI will say, all these sales are really dampening the priority status I give to getting new PNSO releases.

Considering AliExpress (and Amazon) sales are a thing and PNSO's regular prices... I don't think there's any hurry to get PNSO stuff (at least in my book)  8)

Gwangi

I'm rarely in a hurry to get anything and it often pays off.  ^-^ I did pay full price for Dapeng though.

oscars_dinos

Just ordered him last night this sale is the biggest sale I've ever seen them do so it's a good time to get em

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe they are clearing slow sellers/overstock or just drawing attention to their brand. I hope they continue, there are a few more I would get at 50% off..

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2024, 07:40:10 AMMaybe they are clearing slow sellers/overstock or just drawing attention to their brand. I hope they continue, there are a few more I would get at 50% off..

Would be interesting if this is a look at who the slow sellers are

Carnoking

To whoever may be interested, Cole is currently on sale for 50% off on Amazon, plus there's a 15% brand promotion going on, meaning you can snatch one up for about 17 and change!

Concavenator

Quote from: Carnoking on May 12, 2024, 08:07:44 PMTo whoever may be interested, Cole is currently on sale for 50% off on Amazon, plus there's a 15% brand promotion going on, meaning you can snatch one up for about 17 and change!

Not interested in this particular model, but thank you for the heads-up regardless! PNSO can keep these sales going, all the more reason to never pay full price for a PNSO figure if you ask me.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on May 12, 2024, 08:32:04 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 12, 2024, 08:07:44 PMTo whoever may be interested, Cole is currently on sale for 50% off on Amazon, plus there's a 15% brand promotion going on, meaning you can snatch one up for about 17 and change!

Not interested in this particular model, but thank you for the heads-up regardless! PNSO can keep these sales going, all the more reason to never pay full price for a PNSO figure if you ask me.

Likewise. Though I am surprised that a toothy theropod, a tyrannosaur no less, is being discounted so soon.

Side note, the way PNSO does lipless looks alright on allosauroids and megalosauroids, but for some reason just look wrong on their coelurosaurs. It's hard to describe why exactly.

Sim

I find the lipless look of PNSO's tyrannosauroids looks just as plausible as it on allosauroids and megalosaurids.  It doesn't look wrong to me.  But spinosaurids look better and more plausible lipless than the previously mentioned groups.

I'm not surprised PNSO is discounting their Daspletosaurus, it's not a very good figure and I think is one of the least popular among their medium-sized figures.  I hope it shows PNSO that making so many closely related species isn't as good as wider diversity, but I think it might not.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on May 12, 2024, 09:02:32 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on May 12, 2024, 08:32:04 PM

Likewise. Though I am surprised that a toothy theropod, a tyrannosaur no less, is being discounted so soon.

Side note, the way PNSO does lipless looks alright on allosauroids and megalosauroids, but for some reason just look wrong on their coelurosaurs. It's hard to describe why exactly.
Oddly enough, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I feel the same way about the allosauroids and megalosauroids versus the various tyrannosaurid group. I suppose I'll get most if not all of last year's PNSO crop lipped (have done Cameron plus the Lythro and Daspleto already). I feel no strong impulse to get my Carcharodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Meraxes, etc. lipped.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sim on May 12, 2024, 09:26:47 PMI find the lipless look of PNSO's tyrannosauroids looks just as plausible as it on allosauroids and megalosaurids.  It doesn't look wrong to me.  But spinosaurids look better and more plausible lipless than the previously mentioned groups.

I'm not surprised PNSO is discounting their Daspletosaurus, it's not a very good figure and I think is one of the least popular among their medium-sized figures.  I hope it shows PNSO that making so many closely related species isn't as good as wider diversity, but I think it might not.

I didn't buy it or any of the other tyrannosaurs last year since I had all those BotM ones..I was tyrant overload, but I don't picking them up at these discount prices. If they keep this up I might catch up.

I'm not sure if bad sellers is the case if this one was so rough? They discounted a lot of nicer ones before it. Including the Alamosaurus.

Concavenator

In retrospective, I think the best out of that tyrannosaur streak from PNSO was Cameron after all. But still, as good as it is, it was simply bound not to be the so-called "definitive" version of the animal by virtue of being lipless.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 13, 2024, 01:33:05 PMIn retrospective, I think the best out of that tyrannosaur streak from PNSO was Cameron after all. But still, as good as it is, it was simply bound not to be the so-called "definitive" version of the animal by virtue of being lipless.
Agreed!

Based on all the collectors who had commissioned lips to be added to this figure, it really just goes to show how close PNSO was to producing the most definitive Tyrannosaurus...

These are the following customs by Bravo Models, dinosaur_models_artworks, gex_pdroche

Blade-of-the-Moon

and then in a year or two there is a new paper proving no lips makes more sense.. :))  sorry had to.  Things are always changing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: