News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

3 and 4 are the best. 1st one should have the whole body in red and not that weird mix of teal and red.

Concavenator

Quote from: MLMjp on May 16, 2024, 07:43:01 PM1st one should have made the whole body red and not having that weird match of teal and red.

That's precisely what makes it my favorite variant.  :P

Sim

If the first one had been completely red instead of the mix of red and turquoise I would have to get that one too!  I can't have four versions of the same figure, can I? :-X

The second one is the one I find best, something subjective, how often do you see blue plates on a stegosaurian? :)

Carnoking

I think the only one I don't really care for is number 1. Looks a bit like a watermelon slice to me. 3 is appealing for its more conservative color scheme but 2 and 4 really grab my attention. I'm particularly fond of the blue variant with the fully red plates and more subtle striping seen in the group shot.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Sim on May 16, 2024, 07:57:38 PMhow often do you see blue plates on a stegosaurian? :)

I saw some this month and people were complaining about them lol

thomasw100

Best would be if they would offer one paint variant of the Stegosaurus with more conservative color scheme and then two with more fancy ones. Then everybody would get something. Number 3 is somewhat more conservative, but the base green is still quite a pale tone. If that could be done with a stronger base color like in the case of the Dacentrurus, this would be great.

This whole paint scheme thing brings me to one question. Why does Haolonggood always offer two (or more) color variants, but in most cases the patterns are essentially identical? Is this because they use robotic painting and this is easier to program because only the colors that are used change?

Primeval12

I'm SO pumped for that Einiosaurus.

Faelrin

Where's these pics of the Stegosaurus folks are posting about here? Is it in that group pic on the last page? Or are there more?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: crazy8wizard on May 16, 2024, 08:06:33 PMI saw some this month and people were complaining about them lol
Oh I forgot about the PNSO Wuerhosaurus!  The blues used are different shades though and in different parts of the plates.

Quote from: Faelrin on May 16, 2024, 08:25:37 PMWhere's these pics of the Stegosaurus folks are posting about here? Is it in that group pic on the last page? Or are there more?
I've quoted them below:
Quote from: thomasw100 on May 16, 2024, 02:44:53 PMNow we got more pictures of the Stegosaurus as per Paleofiguras:

ceratopsian

And that exactly why it appeals most to me as well!

Quote from: Concavenator on May 16, 2024, 07:57:02 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on May 16, 2024, 07:43:01 PM1st one should have made the whole body red and not having that weird match of teal and red.

That's precisely what makes it my favorite variant.  :P

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 16, 2024, 02:44:53 PM

Again, Why "004" painted differently in group shot? I don't see yellow tips of plates, is it because too far? Blue tone is different too.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks so much. I missed those.

I can't decide. I think they all look nice. That said, if I had to pick only one, I think I'd go with 2. The blue plates contrasts nice with the orange body, and I think it is the first time I've seen blue plates on a stegosaur (other then JWE2 maybe). It is a fresh look for the typical green and brown Stegosaurus (as classic as it is to me). The blue 4 achieves this as well, but not as much I think. The green and red 1 is definitely fruit flavored. Apple or watermelon? Number 3 is your classic coloration.

avatar_Turkeysaurus @Turkeysaurus Not just you. I see it too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

I'm torn between 1 and 2. They're the most unique and will add variety to my shelf. As is I have Rebor's plain Stegosaurus so another with some color would be nice.

suspsy

1 and 4 are the best. And of those two, I think I am leaning slightly towards 1.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like a couple of them, I might try getting two, male/female pair maybe.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I honestly cannot decide, I love them all and any color schemes they choose would be must haves for me!

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop posted on their FB page that there is now a poll about the paint schemes of the Stegosaurus. I can already see where this will lead. I wonder why Haolonggood repeats this exercise of asking for feedback on the paint designs, while at the same time they have not asked for feedback on the scientific accuracy of their prototypes.

Paleo Flo

1 and 4 are my favs...

Meanwhile my Mamenchi has landed...can't be long
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

thomasw100

Both the Maiasaura pair and the Gastonia are available at Lana Time Shop now. Maiasaura is 19.99 USD and Gastonia 14.99 USD. There are many more pictures with dark or bright background. I will includes just a few.

Sim

Those Gastonia look superb!  I think I'm going to have to get both!  I'm also impressed by the adult Maiasaura with purple on its tail.  If it was a species I was interested in having, I'd enjoy its colour scheme.

My favourite Stegosaurus colour scheme is still number two, but I wonder if it will get produced...  Number three seems to be the most popular.  Looking back at number four, I now feel it isn't for me.  Its red and blue clashes in my opinion.  I hope Haolonggood uses those shades separately in the future, I think they could make some appealing colour schemes.  Same for the shades on the purple-tailed adult Maiasaura.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: