News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Chinese & Japanese novelties - New for 2024 (various companies)

Started by Halichoeres, December 30, 2023, 03:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Have these been released? That Sinosauropteryx is tempting.  :P

Flaffy

crazy8wizard

That sure doesn't look like Zhuchengtyrannus to me...

Concavenator

Quote from: crazy8wizard on March 27, 2024, 06:20:31 AMThat sure doesn't look like Zhuchengtyrannus to me...

Yeah, looks a bit different than your average Zhuchengtyrannus. Intraspecific variation, perhaps?  :P

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: crazy8wizard on March 27, 2024, 06:20:31 AMThat sure doesn't look like Zhuchengtyrannus to me...
I believe the identities have been confirmed and the blue one is Lufengosaurus

Sim

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 27, 2024, 02:57:51 PM
I believe the identities have been confirmed and the blue one is Lufengosaurus
The hadrosaurid has Zhuchengtyrannus written on its base, I'm sure that is what they were referring to.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

bmathison1972

Flaffy

Amusingly enough the chinese text is correct.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Flaffy on March 27, 2024, 09:23:47 PM

What does the Chinese text say? Shantungosaurus?

Flaffy

Quote from: crazy8wizard on March 27, 2024, 11:04:06 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 27, 2024, 09:23:47 PM

What does the Chinese text say? Shantungosaurus?

Yup. S. giganteus.

Halichoeres

Livyatan, megalodon, and Dunkleosteus painted up. I gotta say I think the green is a nice change of pace for Dunk.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2024, 09:30:18 PMBandai Plannosaurus Brachiosaurus:

And just when I had bought the Re-ment Brachiosaurus skeleton, this is revealed
But I can't be mad because this actually looks to be Brachiosaurus altithorax!

JimoAi

From wenno.

Nothing special since their toys are basically cheaply made stuff sold at premium prices but the placoderm is interesting

Halichoeres

Huh, the fish is kind of interesting. Looks like it could be Drepanaspis maybe? If so, that would be the first toy in about 40 years. Machine translation gives the ID as "false turtle," but I don't think that means much, because it gives me "short-faced bear" for the sloth.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 25, 2024, 02:53:52 PMHuh, the fish is kind of interesting. Looks like it could be Drepanaspis maybe?

Looks like the design is directly copied from a mobile game called Dino Water World so great guess

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 25, 2024, 02:53:52 PMHuh, the fish is kind of interesting. Looks like it could be Drepanaspis maybe? If so, that would be the first toy in about 40 years. Machine translation gives the ID as "false turtle," but I don't think that means much, because it gives me "short-faced bear" for the sloth.

Your intuition is likely correct for the ID. I can't make out the first character from poor resolution but I'm betting it's 鐮甲魚 (Drepanaspis).

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: crazy8wizard on May 25, 2024, 05:23:04 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 25, 2024, 02:53:52 PMHuh, the fish is kind of interesting. Looks like it could be Drepanaspis maybe?

Looks like the design is directly copied from a mobile game called Dino Water World so great guess

Is this a game where you have a park of obscure sea animals and make them fight to get points? I think i used to play it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: