News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Ugh, seeing those unreleased Battat pictures always makes my heart skip a beat. Especially the two ceratopsians. I'm more than happy with my Safari Nasutoceratops and HLG Pentaceratops but I still badly want these. I was so excited when these images were first released.  :-[

suspsy

Battat should try selling those remaining dinosaurs with vehicles or playsets like they're currently doing with their Tyrannosaurus rex.

https://www.amazon.ca/Terra-Battat-Transport-Dinosaur-Movable/dp/B07SKTFD91/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=37DX3CU7IA0RV&keywords=terra+by+battat+dinosaur&qid=1705525221&sprefix=battat+terra%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-7

Come on, y'all know full well you would totally buy a mediocre truck or helicopter or jungle temple if it meant finally getting your hands on that Gigantoraptor or Gastonia or Europasaurus. I certainly would. I'd just give away the vehicles to my kids or to a daycare centre or a kindergarten classroom.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 17, 2024, 09:03:50 PMBattat should try selling those remaining dinosaurs with vehicles or playsets like they're currently doing with their Tyrannosaurus rex.

https://www.amazon.ca/Terra-Battat-Transport-Dinosaur-Movable/dp/B07SKTFD91/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=37DX3CU7IA0RV&keywords=terra+by+battat+dinosaur&qid=1705525221&sprefix=battat+terra%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-7

Come on, y'all know full well you would totally buy a mediocre truck or helicopter or jungle temple if it meant finally getting your hands on that Gigantoraptor or Gastonia or Europasaurus. I certainly would. I'd just give away the vehicles to my kids or to a daycare centre or a kindergarten classroom.

I don't care what the dinos are packed with, so long as I can get my hands on those remaining sculpts. (and NOT in the disgraceful butchered form of their articulated line)

Blade-of-the-Moon

As of a couple days ago, Prehistoric Creations is reissuing the Battat Maiasaura in the new prototype colors.

https://www.facebook.com/prehistoriccreations

QuoteWe have good news: we already have the sample of the Maia sauria 2.0 project. That intended to launch the Battat Boston model in the colors of the reissue they had planned.
The model is 1:40 scale measuring approximately. 20 cm long. An original model was used for the replica by traditional vacuuming with plastic resin.
The model can be requested in two options:
Hollow model or solid model.
Hueco, this month of May would be at $590 MX. Then it will be at $690 MX. Gift nest for first 10 orders.
Solid, for this month $720 MX. Then it will be at $850 MX. Gift nest for first 10 orders.
The nest will later be sold as an optional accessory.
Model for now delivered painted with professional high adhesive acrylics. We don't have blank pieces as the purpose is to pay homage to the project that was to be released years ago.
You can set aside with half and the rest cash on delivery. Inbox for more information

Shuvuuia

I did not realize the rather extreme difference between Mexican pesos and USD. According to comments in the Facebook page, that works out to ~$35-40 USD.

That's pretty tempting. Shame it's coming out at the same time as Haolongood's model, which is the first one to surpass it in quality in my opinion.

Sim

Primeval12

I'm not sure how I feel since this would technically be an unofficial model. BUT at the same time, it's never going to see the light of day anyways and the person said they are not making a profit off of these so I think I may snag one.

Leyster

Wait, have they secured the license for the molds or is that a recast/knockoff/bootleg?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shuvuuia on May 27, 2024, 01:36:19 PMI did not realize the rather extreme difference between Mexican pesos and USD. According to comments in the Facebook page, that works out to ~$35-40 USD.

That's pretty tempting. Shame it's coming out at the same time as Haolongood's model, which is the first one to surpass it in quality in my opinion.

Yeah I had to calculate it up as I had the same reaction as Shane there lol

Other members say it's still the most accurate..for the price I'll get one. You rarely see them anymore under 100.00

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on May 27, 2024, 03:22:27 PMavatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, what do you think of this?

Thanks for the @! I'd seen it, and while it looks nice, given this is an unofficial model, I'm going to pass. I'll keep waiting for an accurate Maiasaura:P Hopefully Wild Past will release theirs, or Safari will release a new version as an update to the Carnegie model, or PNSO, etc. Or if Haolonggood themselves fix their model I'll be interested too.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Primeval12 on May 27, 2024, 05:25:29 PMI'm not sure how I feel since this would technically be an unofficial model. BUT at the same time, it's never going to see the light of day anyways and the person said they are not making a profit off of these so I think I may snag one.

Have they said they aren't planning to make a profit? Have they said whether they have permission to do this or are they copying the sculpt illegally? Are 'they' a company, an individual, or what? I'm not on Instagram or Facebook so it would be helpful if they had a website, or a presence here.

suspsy

At this stage in the game, there are very few unreleased Battat toys that I still care actually about. Nearly all of the species have now been done by other companies, and done very well at that; the only two that I'd buy if they were released are the Gigantoraptor and the Europasaurus.

And Haolongood would probably say "Hold my beer!" if they saw this comment.  ^-^
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: DinoToyForum on May 27, 2024, 06:35:35 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on May 27, 2024, 05:25:29 PMI'm not sure how I feel since this would technically be an unofficial model. BUT at the same time, it's never going to see the light of day anyways and the person said they are not making a profit off of these so I think I may snag one.

Have they said they aren't planning to make a profit? Have they said whether they have permission to do this or are they copying the sculpt illegally? Are 'they' a company, an individual, or what? I'm not on Instagram or Facebook so it would be helpful if they had a website, or a presence here.

They are an individual who got together a small team of collector-artists to make the items (with the founder running the Insta/FB shop pages and making comments on behalf of the team). The team also does customs, original scuplts, repaints, imports, and sells Darknix's Sanctum Archaic dinos: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11310.0

Yes, they've said a couple times that they aren't planning to make a profit, only recouping the costs. One comment in response to Shane Foulkes:

QuoteShane Foulkes really sorry if I didn't specify it in the original description. The price it's only recovery for the material and time invested in it. I really love Battat models and my intention it's only to help another collectors to get a copy of some never released.

The price they're asking does indicate that they're not turning a profit, FWIW.

In another comment thread, they clarified it's a small-scale endeavor:

QuoteAs a big fan of the Battat brand I did wish too that the model would be released some day. Unlucky the brand now have other projects in mind. Our objective only it's to produce small quantity of items by artisanal handcrafted way. As homage.

They have not said whether they have permission to do this. Based on my industry experience (but someone with more expertise can correct me if I'm wrong!), I believe it would probably be impossible for anyone to get permission for a project like this because granting such permission could create legal issues, even if the appropriate stakeholders at Battat wanted to grant it.

However, as long as Battat isn't producing these figures themselves, and given the other details, there's no harm done IMO.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Easily my favorite Maiasaura and I'd be excited to see it re-released, but I can't in good faith buy an unofficial knock-off. I'm still on the lookout for an original, though. It's the only species I'm missing from Battat.

I have considered re-sculpting the unreleased and unfinished figures myself, but only for my collection and not to sell.

And I know I've said it again and again in this thread, but it really is a shame the rest of the Battat re-releases and new sculpts never saw the light of day. Battat had the perfect opportunity to pick up just as the Carnegie was coming to an end.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

I mean, lets call it what it is, it's a bootleg. Their intentions might be good and since Battat dropped the ball on these maybe it's not a big deal, but it's still a bootleg.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm talking to the spokesperson, gave him a link to this topic and asked he create an account to answer all questions.

ARTBALAM

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 28, 2024, 04:06:49 AM

I'm talking to the spokesperson, gave him a link to this topic and asked he create an account to answer all questions.

Before start I have to thank to all the people here, first, for the insterest in our small project. Honestly I was never mind it would reach this height. I've read all the questions and I would be pleased to answer any questions. But I believe that all that as been sayd here has spoken even better that I can do, I mean so gently people here was bring us a voice in their forum and they did helped us to answer so many questions I have to thank all them who gently took their time after we haven't presence here, that information was taken by our website where we write often to talk about all our projects, but before everything please let me introduce our main project,the Prehistoric Creations project:

We are a small team, located in Mexico, composed by plastic artist, biologist and designers, I am the founder and the spokesperson, as well I am the biologist of the team and a dinosaur lover since I was a kid. I did started the "Prehistoric Creations" project to write about dinosaurs, share info and of course have the possibility to sell some fossil replicae and models almost eight years ago, I started to collect activelly since then, and trying to purchase so different models via eBay, Battat Boston specially and in so many places on the internet, I feel so shame about the last models by Battat were unreleased but then I only imagined how wonderful would be to have them; our project was growing since more people were interested to collaborate with me and since Haolongood did announce the Maisauria between their projects, we remember the Battat model, and we asked in our website to know, who would be interested that we would produce a small batch of the unreleased Battat Maiasauria model, just with the idea to help another collectors to get their dreamed model, as well as it was been for us. Maybe we know it is a difficult to understand why we are now trying that mad idea after we are practically unknown in the media, we have done some bootlegs before, just to help anothers collectors to get some copies, for instance the battle-damage parts of the Kenner models, since in our country where almost impossible to get, also we made some copies of some out-of-production models just to help other collectors in our country, and that's why we trying this with the Maiasauria Battat model. we all know well that aybe would represent to some people something bad because we have not the permission of the brand to do so, and we achieve to scream our plans to the world community, but we only trying to offer an artisan hand painted model that wants to fill an empty space that left that brand in our hearts and it is an effort from a small team of collectors to anothers. We maybe can never fullfill the empty that left a legend, we just wish to do some homage. That's way the cost of the model wants only to recover the investment we did in the the materials, time and paint we put on it.

We really apreciate all the suppport by the community, we know it is a bootleg, after we are putting all our heart and care with the processs, it won´t change the fact that we are making a bootleg, but we are trying to put all the experience we reach via hours of painting work and casting some other plastic pieces trying to rescue them from the forgotten. And our experience are put into your service.

More often I will be here to answer any questions as clear as I could, and of course we would like to collaborate with all those who wants to create something related with dinosaurs. Thanks all for readling. I would try to have a more active presence here, sometimes my job would'nt let me answer in the precise moment, but please I would ask for some patience, I will try to connect as often as I can.

Also have to add our website:

www.facebook.com/prehistoriccreations

www.instagram.com/prehistoriccreations
We can be far, but we are connected by dinosaurs...

DinoToyForum

Welcome avatar_ARTBALAM @ARTBALAM. I see you've been a member here since 2017, but since this is your first post, welcome is due! And thanks for explaining the background to your project. ^-^

ARTBALAM

Quote from: DinoToyForum on May 28, 2024, 01:16:16 PMWelcome avatar_ARTBALAM @ARTBALAM. I see you've been a member here since 2017, but since this is your first post, welcome is due! And thanks for explaining the background to your project. ^-^

UPDATE

Thank you very much for all the support and your kind welcome message. I have to recognIze that I wasn´t active enought in the forum, mainly because, I just used to read the blog. And I did learn a lot from all fellows collectors and post-authors. Indeed the project do you have was the inspiration to starting my own instagram account with pictures and reviews from different brands and diferent models ( www.instagram.com/prehistoriccreations).

Due to our recent project of Maia Saurian shown here in the forum, I did recovered my original account, so I can answer any questions. So please we are open to any question and advice.

We also had updated our terms: the original plan it was to keep the price until May, but we did decide that the cost of the models will be fixed until our campaign will be complete, we are expecting to produce the maximum quantity of 50 units worldwide. We want to cover the interested collectors and as well to keep the project as mainly a low-scale-production models. Because our objective has been to help others to get the model. But we will only reproduce until customer ask for it. And we will keep the project as done by fans to fans.

Additionally we will increase the number of gifts to the very first 30 customers that support the project, and we are planning to create some original artwork to be added to all customers in the way of a postcard. And well, soon we are expecting to add another surprise.

All yours. Prehistoric Creations

I had to thank all people in this forum for all the support and especially for let us share here our goals.
We can be far, but we are connected by dinosaurs...

FlawedCoil82

I wonder if Prehistoric Creations would ever do the Triceratops, Styracosaurus and Pentaceratops?! They were the entire reason I started buying all the Terra figures in the first place. I figured if I supported the rest of the line that it would only help increase the chances of getting the Ceratopsians.  :-\ And I also wonder if the "solid" versions are the same material that the Battat Terra figures were? I am normally against buying bootleg figures but with as incompetent and disinterested as Battat has been with those great dinosaur models that deserve a far better company, I would be willing to get them by other means if they are similar quality and not too expensive.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: