News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Just realized a small area of paint chipping on the right front arm of my Wuerhosaurus. Good that a while ago I had purchased a set of Vallejo model paints, couple of brushes and a wet palette. The idea was to do some occasional paint fixes. I used an almost dry dry brush with a color tone mixed on the wet palette as good as I could and I am so happy that the result looks good. Sigh of relief.

dragon53

Sim

Quote from: SidB on May 26, 2024, 11:31:59 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on May 26, 2024, 08:22:41 AMLufengosaurus was revealed on 25 March, Wuerhosaurus on 26 April. Will we see the next release today?
I'd like to see that happen!
I'm surprised PNSO hasn't revealed another figure yet.  Will the whole of May go without a new PNSO release?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Sim on May 28, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 26, 2024, 11:31:59 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on May 26, 2024, 08:22:41 AMLufengosaurus was revealed on 25 March, Wuerhosaurus on 26 April. Will we see the next release today?
I'd like to see that happen!
I'm surprised PNSO hasn't revealed another figure yet.  Will the whole of May go without a new PNSO release?
That would be quite astonishing knowing its constant pacing of a figure per month. One figure that would be very welcomed is a Brachylophosaurus , as HLG schedule didn't include one. Or will it be another Chinese dinosaur?

Sim

I think PNSO will produce Sinosaurus this year and that it might be the next species from them!  Brachylophosaurus is a good choice too though.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'm personally hoping for and expecting a Shunosaurus, it's a much requested species, fits in with their pattern of Chinese species, and would be nicely sized in 1/35z

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on May 29, 2024, 01:08:57 AMI'm personally hoping for and expecting a Shunosaurus, it's a much requested species, fits in with their pattern of Chinese species, and would be nicely sized in 1/35z

I would also hope for a Shunosaurus. The last sauropod in true 1:35 scale was the Lingwulong and this was quite some time ago. Realistically, we will probably see a theropod as the next release, and I would guess that this would be a spinosauroid. The next herbivore will probably be a ceratopsian, as they have not released one after the long long road of theropods ended. In the last 8 months or so, they released a sauropod, an ankylosaur, a stegosaur, a hadrosaur and a basal sauropodomorph, but not a ceratopsian. But then again PNSO keeps surprising us as they have released genera that nobody was expecting.

Ambre

Ambre

It dosen't have any lips but it such a beauty

Ambre

Cretoxyrhina

Sad that it doesn't have lips, that would have made it the definite carcharodontosaurid figure, the colors are gorgeous

Concavenator

The dreaded moment came:

Quote from: Concavenator on March 12, 2024, 11:15:41 PMNot Safari, but PNSO Tyrannotitan is coming. We don't know when, but it is.  :(

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 09, 2024, 07:52:10 PMI really wouldn't mind the tyranno for one reason: lipped carcharodontosaur.

It doesn't even have lips...

For me, this release feels like a prank.  :-\

Ambre

I wonder if the lack of lips is a sign for futur theropod releases or just specific to Carcharodontosauridae

Carnoking

Weird to see the lack of lips return. Other than that little anomaly, wow, does that figure look cool!

Tracewyrm!

What a strange twist.. The figure looks great and I'm a fan of the colour scheme but the lack of lips is plain confusing.

Did they try to add lips but didn't manage to make it work? Did they choose not to give this figure lips for some reason? So strange. They had a perfect chance to put out a lipped Carcharodontosaurid, what happened?

Lip confusion aside, I really like how this figure looks!
* (It's locked.)

Tracewyrm!

It's been a while since I've made one of these, so here's a rough estimate of how Mateo will scale with other PNSO figures. specifically Cameron since I think most people have a good feel for how a 1:35 T. rex is

* (It's locked.)

Flaffy

No lips :-\ Probably cus it was sculpted alongside the rest of the Carcharodontosaurs. Which makes me wonder why its being released now?

Fantastic colour scheme hampered by the utterly dull choice of species. I've considered letting go of my Mapusaurus and only keep the Meraxes + Giganotosaurus.

A small part of me does wish for a Tyrannotitan to accompany my Patagotitan figures, but honestly all of PNSO's Giganotosaurine sculpts are so similar that they're pretty much interchangeable.

shahinos

Maybe I'm just really bad at spotting differences, but the head looks identical to the Giga from last year.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: shahinos on May 29, 2024, 02:09:41 PMMaybe I'm just really bad at spotting differences, but the head looks identical to the Giga from last year.

Judging by the liplessness, I wouldn't be all that surprised if this was originally supposed to release along with the rest of the Carcharodontosaurid wave but was postponed or put in the back burner because PNSO was scared people would find it too similar to the Giga. Like, the Mapusaurus and Meraxes were all pretty visually distinct but Mateo does look rather similar to the Giganotosaurus despite a slightly different paintjob and the change in proportions.

I don't think it's very likely but I wouldn't exactly be shocked either if that's how this Tyrannotitan came to be.
* (It's locked.)

Stegotyranno420

While I did not want this genus, for obvious reasons, the colours, sculpt and pose are all phenomenal.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: