News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Beautiful colour scheme.

Elengassen

Quote from: Elengassen on May 09, 2024, 04:00:01 PMAlmost every figure PNSO has released in the past 12 months has been either a North American or Chinese taxon (the sole exception being Megalosaurus). So I'm willing to bet the next one will be as well.

(Now that I've said this, just watch them prove me completely wrong  ::) )

My first thought: ah well, at least I called it about being proven wrong  O:-)

My second thought: great, another lipless carcharodontosaur from PNSO  :-X

Shame, if it had been their first one with lips I might have bought it.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Dusty Wren

Well, my hopes have been thoroughly dashed.

Guess I'll check back in a month to see what the next release is.
Check out my customs thread!

Primeval12

I think its gorgeous. IDK if I will be getting it though. The lack of lips IS a bit disappointing but that's my one and only complaint. The tail paint is phenomenal too! Though I am partial to blue as you can see...

Bread

Quote from: Ambre on May 29, 2024, 01:04:44 PMTyrannotitan

I'd argue this is the best colorscheme of the year. Let's just hope it holds up in hand.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do like the paint..is that enough to justify me getting it though..

Carnoking

Although the lack of lips feels like a notable regression, I'm fine with it in this case. I think it would look a bit weird seeing this one with lips amongst all the toothy carcharodontosaurs PNSO have already released.

thomasw100

Looks nice, but a megatheropod without lips again, easy pass for me. I am curious how Zhao Chuang will justify the erratic appearance of lipped and non-lipped theropods. This seems to follow no recognizable pattern. Was PNSO bribed by the lip customizers?

ceratopsian

For me it isn't.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 29, 2024, 04:27:18 PMI do like the paint..is that enough to justify me getting it though..

Sim

I remember D @Dino Scream3232 wishing for a PNSO Tyrannotitan to complete the Giganotosaurini.  Well, now it has become reality with a figure that is admittedly beautiful.  Its lack of lips will make it fit in with the other carcharodontosaurids by PNSO.  And as a bonus, Carcharodontosaurinae is now complete from PNSO too.  I hope Dino Scream3232 is happy with the PNSO Tyrannotitan. :)

PNSO does blue so well.  I do like the colouration of the PNSO Tyrannotitan but it's not a species I'm interested in so I won't be getting this figure.  I'm curious about whether PNSO has switched back to no lips for theropods, I'm keen to see their next theropod which might give an answer.  I do think though that PNSO won't be re-releasing their lipless theropods with lips for the foreseeable future.

Gwangi

I'm not terribly interested in Tyrannotitan or most carcharodontosaurids but this is a lovely figure with what appears to be one of PNSO's best paintjobs to date. I'm tempted to get it for just that reason. I would prefer it if the teeth weren't exposed but exposed teeth are seldom a deal breaker, just so long as they don't look like they're rotten and sliding out of the face, and they don't in this instance.

Sim

Considering Tyrannotitan doesn't have a known appearance and that this new figure is lipless, it seems like a pointless figure to me, since PNSO has already made not one, not two, not even three, but four very similar animals...

Primeval12

It looks like pretty decent remains to me. Not great but there are dinosaurs reconstructed from less.

Though I too wish it was another species.

PrimevalRaptor

Shame for the lack of lips but that is an absolutely wonderful color scheme, can't wait to see in-hand photos!

Faelrin

It's nice, but uh everyone else has said what there is to say about it lol.

Wonder how it will look among the bunch from last year, and with those prior. Just need a Concavenator for them to finish the group off.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Quote from: Faelrin on May 29, 2024, 05:51:47 PMJust need a Concavenator for them to finish the group off.

Finish?? Did you forget about Schaochilong, Veterupristisaurus, Kelmayisaurus, Lajasvenator, etc?   ;)

Jokes aside if they release 1 carcharodontosaurid more, at least let it be a Concavenator. One could think the other taxa I mentioned are unlikely to be made, but I would have thought the same about Tyrannotitan, Mapusaurus, Saurophaganax, etc, etc.

As to why this new figure is lipless, I guess it's because they think that could affect the sales of last year's carcharodontosaurids, since they are so similar anyways. I think it's likely their upcoming theropods will be lipped.

Mattyonyx

I think it's a good time to rehash this article I wrote about a month ago.

https://www.paleo-nerd.com/specials/theropod-lips-the-pnso-case/

About Tyrannotitan... No lips, we see it all.
If the genus sparks someone's interest, there's a whole body to look at, especially with those colors.

Turkeysaurus

Remember Lips vs Lipless debate still goes on. It's not like scientist are over it. Nothing is proven for sure. A few years ago T.Carr had his paper on how they are lipless. Scales we see on Tyrannosaurid figures pretty much coming from that paper. Recently new paper dropped and claims they had lips. It's science. Feathered Tyrannosaurus was "accurate" couple of years ago.

So If you don't want it or don't like it for stylish reasons..It's fine. It's a product, we are customers. Let's not act like it's not scientifically accurate over a something even paleontologist still heavily debate.

This is as great as it gets for a carcharodontosaurid dinosaur with todays knowledge. It even has Haolonggood type of coloring (for those who want that way) .. with science, detailing & paint application you expect from  PNSO.

I wonder if this was an old model or they just made it lipless so it fits with rest of it's family for those who already bought those.

Maybe they will give next Wilson and next Lucas lips and start over with lips on dinosaurs. Don't lose your hope yet.

Primeval12

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 29, 2024, 08:15:00 PMSo If you don't want it or don't like it for stylish reasons..It's fine. It's a product, we are customers. Let's not act like it's not scientifically accurate over a something even paleontologist still heavily debate.

THIS!

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Mattyonyx on May 29, 2024, 07:43:50 PMI think it's a good time to rehash this article I wrote about a month ago.

https://www.paleo-nerd.com/specials/theropod-lips-the-pnso-case/

About Tyrannotitan... No lips, we see it all.
If the genus sparks someone's interest, there's a whole body to look at, especially with those colors.

Just when i was typing my rant, you dropped the hammer of justice.  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: