News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I'm happy to see you're enjoying them avatar_Elengassen @Elengassen! ^-^

BlueKrono

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Naw, just other werewolves. I'm making a custom 6 inch one, but I'm wondering if this new one you got is too small. The 3.75" Star Wars werewolf I got was.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Here's a comparison with a ruler (inches), two Mattel figures and the Neca American Werewolf figure. I also have the Safari Werewolf but he's buried somewhere, and don't feel like digging it out. I think is about the size of this Altered Beast one, but maybe a little shorter. I also tried to measure it in box. Roughly 4.5+ tall give or take.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I've acquired the Kaiyodo Dakotaraptor and Kaiyodo Cretaceous Collection Pteranodon!  They are both very nice representations of the animals!  The Pteranodon replaces my Safari 2019 Pteranodon which is an excellent figure but I just dislike how thin its beak is.  Plus, I prefer to have Pteranodon in a flying pose.  On that note, I like the pose on the Kaiyodo figure a lot, it looks like it's flying and it doesn't look like roadkill!

EmperorDinobot

I don't quite remember the last thing I got. I think it was the JW Craterosaurus, Kilescus and the red Velociraptor. I really need to go back to work and get more dinosaurs. I almost want to quit collecting. I have too many dinos already, and I have nobody to show them to irl and talk about them.

SidB

It's been a good while, as my attention has been elsewhere, and I've not ordered anything during that time, but the drought has been broken with this new acquisition:

The beautiful Lufengosaurus from PNSO, a long, long awaited sauropodmorph (or old-fashioned prosauropod)-

A comparison with CollectA's old Plateosaurus, still a decent depiction until we eventually get one from PNSO or maybe HLG -

Primeval12

BlueKrono

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Looks nice. That would work pretty well for what I'm doing. It's bigger than the 3.75" Star Wars. And it's got that classic werewolf look I'm going for.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

Quote from: Primeval12 on June 02, 2024, 04:15:49 AMOH it's tiny!
Yes, at approximately 1/35, it's a lot smaller than, say, HLG's big 1/35 sauropods.

crazy8wizard

Granted, Lufengosaurus is not a particularly gigantic dinosaur to begin with. It's pretty large for a terrestrial animal, but small for sauropodomorphs in general.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Here's my latest haul of some belated B-Day gifts!

And here's a bonus pic of my Sauropodomorph collection in its current state!

Faelrin

avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo Happy birthday. Those are some excellent gifts there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ludodactylus

Happy birthday! That's a wonderful haul!
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

SenSx

Superb Sauropod Haul !

That's the Terra Era Patagotitan right ?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SenSx on June 03, 2024, 08:40:59 PMSuperb Sauropod Haul !

That's the Terra Era Patagotitan right ?

Thank you! Yes it is!

SidB

Very nice indeed, not too shabby!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Faelrin on June 03, 2024, 08:06:09 PMavatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo Happy birthday. Those are some excellent gifts there.

Thank you very much! And thanks to everyone!

SidB

Another new arrival, the HLG Euoplocephalus/ Scolosaurus, and it's a fine figure.

Top view, over my old Thorens TD166 Mk2 turntable:

A comparison with the previous PNSO and HLG ankylosaurids:

Welcome to "the club".

Primeval12

Man, I wish I still got dinos for my birthday.. nice haul! :)

SidB

Quote from: crazy8wizard on June 03, 2024, 05:28:59 PMGranted, Lufengosaurus is not a particularly gigantic dinosaur to begin with. It's pretty large for a terrestrial animal, but small for sauropodomorphs in general.
That size difference is really apparent in this comparison shot with PNSO's Samuel, which is a far cry from 1/35. Imagine the difference with HLG's 1/35 Alamosaurus!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: