News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2024 - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Bread, January 04, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on June 09, 2024, 07:11:43 PMI just saw Paleofiguras say that PNSO will be producing a new Mosasaurus figure.  Given how reliable they are, it looks like PNSO will be releasing something that isn't a dinosaur again!  I hope they do more than just Mosasaurus though, I'd love a long-necked plesiosauroid from PNSO!

In a second post Paleofiguras said that it will be a museum line model.

Sim

I wonder if PNSO intends to update all their oldest models?  The ones left are:

1. Amargasaurus.  I'm surprised it's taking so long for a new one!
2. Basilosaurus.  I really hope PNSO makes a new one!
3. Ceratosaurus.  I'm surprised PNSO hasn't made a new version of it yet!
4. Chungkingosaurus.  I think this will be PNSO's next stegosaurian.
5. Euhelopus.  A new one would be interesting.
6. Gigantoraptor.  A bigger one would be great!
7. Huanghetitan.  A remake of this one I think wouldn't be interesting, the original only got so much attention becuase of how big it was.  Its remains are too poor to make it worthwhile to remake imo.
8. Huayangosaurus.  A new one could be interesting, if Haolonggood's misses the mark somehow.  It would need to remain small to be to scale with other PNSO figures though.
9. Mandschurosaurus.  Another known from poor remains.
10. Ophthalmosaurus.  PNSO seems to like making ichthyosaurs, so I can see them making a new version of Ophthalmosaurus, especially after finding out PNSO will make a new Mosasaurus.  I'd be interested in a new Ophthalmosaurus.
11. Shantungosaurus.  I can imagine this species being remade as it's popular.
12. Sinosauropteryx.  I'm not sure PNSO would make a small species now, even though I'd like an accurate Sinosauropteryx.

Ludodactylus

I would definitely welcome Ceratosaurus and Chungkingosaurus as well.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

BlueKrono

Does PNSO remake species they've already done (aside from repaints)?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 09, 2024, 10:56:55 PMDoes PNSO remake species they've already done (aside from repaints)?
They've remade Giganotosaurus, Lufengosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, megalodon, Microraptor, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Tsintaosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus and now Mosasaurus...

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Paleofiguras said there's a new PNSO museum series Mosasaurus coming.

Halichoeres

I don't know how much they plan to remake, but the Lufengosaurus was probably the one that needed it most. It had extra toes!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 13, 2024, 02:42:28 PMI don't know how much they plan to remake, but the Lufengosaurus was probably the one that needed it most. It had extra toes!

Yeah, that certainly was a big improvement. And another one that desperately needs a remake is the Amargasaurus, it has several problems: too many claws on its front feet, it's missing the first single neck spine, it's become outdated due to its neck sail not fully covering the spines, and we could include the teeth being exposed as well.

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on June 13, 2024, 03:27:33 PMwe could include the teeth being exposed as well
PNSO is still making sauropods with exposed teeth...

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on June 13, 2024, 04:50:16 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on June 13, 2024, 03:27:33 PMwe could include the teeth being exposed as well
PNSO is still making sauropods with exposed teeth...

I'd rather they fixed that, but if they don't, that's not a dealbreaker for me. I just want someone to make an accurate Amargasaurus, since Haolonggood's will seemingly miss the mark as an accurate one.

Sim

So surprisingly PNSO hasn't released a new figure this month.  I would guess we'll see one soon...  I hope it's not the Mosasaurus as it's I'd like another PNSO model this year that I would like, besides the Lufengosaurus...

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on June 30, 2024, 08:10:41 PMSo surprisingly PNSO hasn't released a new figure this month.  I would guess we'll see one soon...  I hope it's not the Mosasaurus as it's I'd like another PNSO model this year that I would like, besides the Lufengosaurus...

I was wondering about this as well. They have only released 4 models this year and the year is half over. If they release only 8 models for the entire year that would be an all time low. And even more surprisingly so far not a single museum line model. Possibly this rumored Mosasaurus will be a museum line release like the first edition was.

I am getting a bit worried that PNSO may start to feel the competition from Haolonggood. Haolonggood models are very good now, but I still consider PNSO distinctly better in comparison. Their texture is more crisp, the molding is very precise and the paint application is so rich and complex. But of course they cost twice as much as Haolonggood models. Possibly some people are moving away from PNSO because of that.

Sim

PNSO's last two releases were not met with as good a reception as PNSO might have hoped for too.  Wuerhosaurus already had a new, good figure by Haolonggood, while the Tyrannotitan is almost identical to four other PNSO figures, three of which were only from last year.  CollectA's most recent Mosasaurus is basically perfect, so PNSO also has a challenge with making a Mosasaurus which will appeal to people.  I think PNSO would benefit from producing more appealing figures than these three...

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on June 30, 2024, 09:20:21 PMPNSO's last two releases were not met with as good a reception as PNSO might have hoped for too.  Wuerhosaurus already had a new, good figure by Haolonggood, while the Tyrannotitan is almost identical to four other PNSO figures, three of which were only from last year.  CollectA's most recent Mosasaurus is basically perfect, so PNSO also has a challenge with making a Mosasaurus which will appeal to people.  I think PNSO would benefit from producing more appealing figures than these three...

I for my part would strongly disagree with your assessment. The PNSO Wuerhosaurus is in a different category than the Haolonggood really. The Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus looks more like a simple plastic toy rather than a high quality model. And then these squiggly lines are all over the place. The PNSO Tyrannotitan is beautiful and the sculpt is excellent. I do understand though that some people do not like the lack of lips.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 30, 2024, 09:32:24 PM
Quote from: Sim on June 30, 2024, 09:20:21 PMPNSO's last two releases were not met with as good a reception as PNSO might have hoped for too.  Wuerhosaurus already had a new, good figure by Haolonggood, while the Tyrannotitan is almost identical to four other PNSO figures, three of which were only from last year.  CollectA's most recent Mosasaurus is basically perfect, so PNSO also has a challenge with making a Mosasaurus which will appeal to people.  I think PNSO would benefit from producing more appealing figures than these three...
I for my part would strongly disagree with your assessment. The PNSO Wuerhosaurus is in a different category than the Haolonggood really. The Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus looks more like a simple plastic toy rather than a high quality model. And then these squiggly lines are all over the place. The PNSO Tyrannotitan is beautiful and the sculpt is excellent. I do understand though that some people do not like the lack of lips.

^^^

Sim

So, what do you guys hope PNSO will make next?

Eatmycar

Let's say for a moment PNSO is feeling pinched by Haolonggood.

There's so much they can do that HLG, or frankly anyone, isn't doing. Aquatic life? Permian life? Cenozoic creatures? I'm no PNSO fan but to think they're feeling pressed by HLG is kind of a preemptive fear.

That said, Dimetrodon is something I'd be curious to see them bring to life. Or a Gigantopithecus...

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Sim on June 30, 2024, 11:56:36 PMSo, what do you guys hope PNSO will make next?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd buy a Shunosaurus or really any mod-sized sauropod in a heartbeat!

Ambre

Quote from: Sim on June 30, 2024, 11:56:36 PMSo, what do you guys hope PNSO will make next?

A Dromaeosaurid or Abelisauridae. Both of these theropods groups are underepresented in PNSO figures and i would love a 1/35 feathered Utharaptor or a Majungasaurus/Rajasaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: