News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I would like to see Eofauna tackle Shantungosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Bread on May 12, 2024, 08:55:28 PMY'all know I had to share this awesome custom by dinosaur_models_artworks:

I wonder if they shot an image of this from the bottom up, like looking up at the throat to see how much material they added to the lower jaw where it hinges...I agree with other folks that a non articulated version might've been preferable, and I was outspoken about that here while it was still in development.  That said, I still love the figure and can't wait to get mine from Dan's, I pre-ordered it in Dec 2023...Looking at these images I might decide to play with some sculpting materials on mine, it would certainly be the most modification I would've ever attempted on a figure but the lower price of these makes it possible for me, I'd rather buy an extra one if I can and support Eofauna even further than send one out for expensive conversion but what a beauty this one is, it really illustrates the potential of the figure...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 13, 2024, 07:03:44 PM
Quote from: Elengassen on May 12, 2024, 08:57:22 PMWow, this actually looks a lot better without the jaw articulation IMO.

Jaw articulation isn't a deal breaker for me, but every figure with an articulated jaw would have looked better without, in my opinion!

I agree 100% and I think larger companies like PNSO have missed an opportunity instead of releasing multiple poses of similar types of dinosaurs why not just release the same molds with different paint schemes for the one with the mouth set in the open position and one with the mouth closed...one mold two sales and many of us here I'm sure would get both and we're not even talking about lips vs no lips which could take one mold and turn into 4 variations giving everyone something to choose from...obviously the different heads would be applied in the factory and filled accordingly to avoid unsightly seams before painting...IDK, but there are certainly alternatives to producing these figures with these gaping seams on the articulated jaw areas...

I do give credit to Eofauna for attempting something so different with their articulation, it has reduced the size of the seams and it has also simulated the skin stretching in the cheek area as the animal opens it's jaw which is a first of it's kind, nobody had even tried to do something like this before...they get top marks for innovation here...the engineering is top shelf...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2024, 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 27, 2024, 11:15:28 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 13, 2024, 10:13:34 PMI wish Eofauna makes non-dinosaurs only though. There are already other companies make dinosaurs at highest quality (and scifientic accuracy)

Their diplodocus is the best figure they've ever come out with though

The Atlasaurus is great too. They can keep making dinosaurs, as far as I'm concerned.

I will have this new T-rex once it ships here in the states from Dan's, I own bot the Diplodocus and the Atlasaurus and love them both but I can say with confidence that the Atlasaurus will continue to be my favorite Eofauna figure and one of my favorite figures overall for a good long while, there is something special about that sculpt, the pose, the paint, it's a real gem that one...I find myself admiring it more than just about any other figure in my collection...

Gwangi

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 02, 2024, 01:16:55 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2024, 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 27, 2024, 11:15:28 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 13, 2024, 10:13:34 PMI wish Eofauna makes non-dinosaurs only though. There are already other companies make dinosaurs at highest quality (and scifientic accuracy)

Their diplodocus is the best figure they've ever come out with though

The Atlasaurus is great too. They can keep making dinosaurs, as far as I'm concerned.

I will have this new T-rex once it ships here in the states from Dan's, I own bot the Diplodocus and the Atlasaurus and love them both but I can say with confidence that the Atlasaurus will continue to be my favorite Eofauna figure and one of my favorite figures overall for a good long while, there is something special about that sculpt, the pose, the paint, it's a real gem that one...I find myself admiring it more than just about any other figure in my collection...

I agree. It's a favorite of mine too. I think it helps that Atlasaurus has such a unique look.

Quiversaurus

Hi, does anyone know how heavy (grams) the Eofauna T.rex is? I can't seem to find the information online. I've checked Eofauna themselves, Lana Time Shop and Model Toy Centre on Aliexpress.

Thanks in advance!

Concavenator

avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus No clue about that. What about just asking those retailers?

SidB

I just ordered my long-anticipated Sue the T-rex from Dean at Dejankins. Man, I'm sure looking forward to this one and comparing her with my lipped Cameron. It's been a good wait, but should be worth it.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 02, 2024, 10:44:32 AMHi, does anyone know how heavy (grams) the Eofauna T.rex is? I can't seem to find the information online. I've checked Eofauna themselves, Lana Time Shop and Model Toy Centre on Aliexpress.

Thanks in advance!

MPV says 0,30 kg: https://modellpferdeversand.de/EoFauna-009-Tyrannosaurus-135

Quiversaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 23, 2024, 08:19:36 AM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 02, 2024, 10:44:32 AMHi, does anyone know how heavy (grams) the Eofauna T.rex is? I can't seem to find the information online. I've checked Eofauna themselves, Lana Time Shop and Model Toy Centre on Aliexpress.

Thanks in advance!

Ah thank you! Appreciate it!

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 23, 2024, 08:37:14 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on June 23, 2024, 08:19:36 AM

Thanks in advance!

Ah thank you! Appreciate it!

It Also says Length : 23 cm x10 cm (Eofauna says 33 x 13 )

Giganotosaurus is listed at 0,10 kg. (EverythingDinosaur says 0,55 kg)

It may be true but that website isn't reliable.

Dan

My scale indicates 14.7 oz, which comes to about 416 g. Granted, this includes the plastic packaging and card, but I'm assuming this is negligible. Hope that helps.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Dan on June 24, 2024, 02:34:30 AMMy scale indicates 14.7 oz, which comes to about 416 g. Granted, this includes the plastic packaging and card, but I'm assuming this is negligible. Hope that helps.

Absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much! PNSO Wilson 2.0 is about 387 grams, if anyone is interested (I'm weighing to get a feel for both figures before purchasing).

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 24, 2024, 06:24:43 AMAbsolutely wonderful. Thank you so much! PNSO Wilson 2.0 is about 387 grams, if anyone is interested (I'm weighing to get a feel for both figures before purchasing).

Wilson 2.0 or Cameron? New one Cameron is superior model. (Cameron is also based on "Sue" just like Eofauna Rex) I think Wilson & Cameron's prices are close too. I have wilson 2.0 btw. Cameron also bulkier because being based on Sue so probably heavier.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 24, 2024, 07:37:22 AMWilson 2.0 or Cameron? New one Cameron is superior model. (Cameron is also based on "Sue" just like Eofauna Rex) I think Wilson & Cameron's prices are close too. I have wilson 2.0 btw. Cameron also bulkier because being based on Sue so probably heavier.

I have PNSO's Winter Wilson/2.0, but I'm considering getting Eofauna's Sue. I like the jaw articulation (I think it shows ingenuity & creativity) and I've been waiting for a lipped Rex. The colours also  started growing on me, and I do eventually want an Eofauna figure as part of my collection.

But I am also sitting on the fence a little cause I feel PNSO will also eventually do a lipped Rex, so... decisions, decicions.

SidB

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 24, 2024, 07:37:22 AM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 24, 2024, 06:24:43 AMAbsolutely wonderful. Thank you so much! PNSO Wilson 2.0 is about 387 grams, if anyone is interested (I'm weighing to get a feel for both figures before purchasing).

Wilson 2.0 or Cameron? New one Cameron is superior model. (Cameron is also based on "Sue" just like Eofauna Rex) I think Wilson & Cameron's prices are close too. I have wilson 2.0 btw. Cameron also bulkier because being based on Sue so probably heavier.
'Winter' Wilson/2.0 is actually 3.0. That's because the original 1.0 and 2.0 have noticeably different dimensions, though both are from the same basic design.I have both and 2.0 (the brownish Wilson) is substantially heftier than the first release. It's a common misconception to telescope 1.0 and 2.0 into each other. Then of course the 'Winter' version of Wilson is a very different sculpt.

Elengassen

Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 24, 2024, 10:48:47 AMI have PNSO's Winter Wilson/2.0, but I'm considering getting Eofauna's Sue. I like the jaw articulation (I think it shows ingenuity & creativity) and I've been waiting for a lipped Rex. The colours also  started growing on me, and I do eventually want an Eofauna figure as part of my collection.

But I am also sitting on the fence a little cause I feel PNSO will also eventually do a lipped Rex, so... decisions, decicions.

I think if there's one dinosaur we can afford to be patient about in terms of figures, it's T. rex. I'm sure there will be many more versions over the next few years, and not just from PNSO. Depends whether you'd rather spend your money on multiple rexes (nothing wrong with that btw) or save it for other figures.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Turkeysaurus

Yeah, showanna trex based on Scotty coming next year i guess. Eofauna probably cheaper option but that depends where you can get it. On aliexpress 52 dollar + shipping which comes near PNSO Rex.

Showanna:

Over9K

Quote from: Elengassen on June 24, 2024, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 24, 2024, 10:48:47 AMI have PNSO's Winter Wilson/2.0, but I'm considering getting Eofauna's Sue. I like the jaw articulation (I think it shows ingenuity & creativity) and I've been waiting for a lipped Rex. The colours also  started growing on me, and I do eventually want an Eofauna figure as part of my collection.

I think if there's one dinosaur we can afford to be patient about in terms of figures, it's T. rex. I'm sure there will be many more versions over the next few years, and not just from PNSO.

This is totally true. As a Tyrannosaur-centric collector myself, I sometimes feel very spoiled by the virtual torrent of Tyrannosaurus offerings. It's not even comparable. Whatever the second-most produced species is, they don't make even half the merch for it. Collecting T.rex stuff is not at all like collecting anything else. There is no hunt, there is no patience required. It's more like being sprayed with a hose of something, and holding out a bucket to see what you can catch. I have to specifically NOT collect Mattel Tyrannosaurus stuff, because that in itself is another hose.

Trying to be discerning in what I collect, living to a price point, while maintaining the relevance of items to the core spirit of why I collect is where collecting T.rex becomes interesting. When spoiled for choice, the choice becomes imperative.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Over9K on June 24, 2024, 09:03:40 PM
Quote from: Elengassen on June 24, 2024, 01:38:06 PM

I think if there's one dinosaur we can afford to be patient about in terms of figures, it's T. rex. I'm sure there will be many more versions over the next few years, and not just from PNSO.

This is totally true. As a Tyrannosaur-centric collector myself, I sometimes feel very spoiled by the virtual torrent of Tyrannosaurus offerings. It's not even comparable. Whatever the second-most produced species is, they don't make even half the merch for it. Collecting T.rex stuff is not at all like collecting anything else. There is no hunt, there is no patience required. It's more like being sprayed with a hose of something, and holding out a bucket to see what you can catch. I have to specifically NOT collect Mattel Tyrannosaurus stuff, because that in itself is another hose.

Trying to be discerning in what I collect, living to a price point, while maintaining the relevance of items to the core spirit of why I collect is where collecting T.rex becomes interesting. When spoiled for choice, the choice becomes imperative.

Downside of collecting T.rex once you think you got  the signature T.rex, there is another one on it's way looking even better. It's like chasing Moby Dick. It takes mental fortitude to stop.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: