News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elengassen

Wow, this actually looks a lot better without the jaw articulation IMO.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Carnoking

I know there are plenty of collectors out there who say jaw articulation is a deal breaker for them, and whereas it never has been for me, this is one case where I can honestly say a fixed jaw might have been the way to go.

suspsy

I'd have wanted it with or without an articulated jaw, so I'm good.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Elengassen

Quote from: Carnoking on May 12, 2024, 09:52:49 PMI know there are plenty of collectors out there who say jaw articulation is a deal breaker for them, and whereas it never has been for me, this is one case where I can honestly say a fixed jaw might have been the way to go.

Although I appreciate the willingness to try something different, I think that if the articulated jaw was a must, they should have just had the lower jaw wrap around the bottom of the skull like in every other figure that has one. It just looks much more natural. Sometimes things are always done the same way for a reason  O:-)

SidB

Looks just stellar, avatar_Bread @Bread . Sort of reminds me of the old 2004 Favorite rex, with updates.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Elengassen on May 12, 2024, 08:57:22 PMWow, this actually looks a lot better without the jaw articulation IMO.

Jaw articulation isn't a deal breaker for me, but every figure with an articulated jaw would have looked better without, in my opinion!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Elengassen

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 13, 2024, 07:03:44 PM
Quote from: Elengassen on May 12, 2024, 08:57:22 PMWow, this actually looks a lot better without the jaw articulation IMO.

Jaw articulation isn't a deal breaker for me, but every figure with an articulated jaw would have looked better without, in my opinion!

To each their own I guess! I don't mind it as long as it doesn't interfere with the look of the figure too much. (Which in this case, I have to say it does a bit.)

Turkeysaurus

It quite expensive on Aliexpress. (Almost as expensive as PNSO Cameron for me ) I might get one if i can find calm & reasonable price in future.

I like its face resembles a bear little bit probably because of those cheeks , lips and nose. Also i like how the articulation is. Creative way to do it.

I wish Eofauna makes non-dinosaurs only though. There are already other companies make dinosaurs at highest quality (and scifientic accuracy)

edu

Really nice, avatar_Bread @Bread !
I'll try to replicate this but with closed mouth. It's still not available in Spain, though (i intended to buy in a Spanish store).

suspsy

Anyone else perplexed at how Everything Dinosaur still hasn't gotten the T. rex in stock?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on May 27, 2024, 12:39:38 AMAnyone else perplexed at how Everything Dinosaur still hasn't gotten the T. rex in stock?
Quite!

Dan

Some sellers in Asia managed to obtain the new Eofauna release a bit earlier, although they were not technically authorized to sell outside of Asia. Most other shops obtain their inventory directly from Eofauna, which is based in Spain. Unfortunately, recent events in the Red Sea forced many vessels to take the longer route around Africa.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/14/1231313577/months-of-attacks-on-commercial-shipping-in-the-red-sea-impact-companies-custome

This combination of events is largely responsible for the perceived "delay" for this item. The good news is that Eofauna has indicated the shipment is due to arrive in the port today, which means most western shops (including Dan's Dinosaurs) should have their stock within the coming weeks.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 13, 2024, 10:13:34 PMI wish Eofauna makes non-dinosaurs only though. There are already other companies make dinosaurs at highest quality (and scifientic accuracy)

Their diplodocus is the best figure they've ever come out with though
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Rayeknor

I really like this figure and the quite innovative facial soft tissue and jaw mechanism. I wish they had Rebor production quality though, for me Kiss is still the #1 Tyrannosaurus on the market even with the tail seam and being a bit oversized for 1:35.

I'll put this one up there with PNSO quality though so just behind the top spot.

Gwangi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 27, 2024, 11:15:28 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 13, 2024, 10:13:34 PMI wish Eofauna makes non-dinosaurs only though. There are already other companies make dinosaurs at highest quality (and scifientic accuracy)

The Atlasaurus is great too. They can keep making dinosaurs, as far as I'm concerned.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2024, 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 27, 2024, 11:15:28 PM

The Atlasaurus is great too. They can keep making dinosaurs, as far as I'm concerned.
Hopefully it's both/and, not either/or.

Faelrin

Both their proboscideans and dinosaurs are incredible. I wonder what they'll do next from here.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

If they're going to do a proboscidean next, then I hope it will be accompanied by some dinosaur. Their proboscideans are undoubtedly great, but I have no interest in the group myself, so they are a pass for me.

I'd find a different kind of non-dinosaur more interesting than a proboscidean, and Eofauna once said they would eventually explore this idea:

Quote from: Eofauna on April 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AMIn principle, we will focus on four groups of animals (Theropods, Ornithischians, Sauropodomorphs and Proboscideans). However, from time to time, we can go for other species of other groups.

Save for ornithischians (which I expect will be the next dinosaur group they will tackle), they already have > 1 representative of the groups they claimed they're interested in, so I wouldn't be surprised if a non-dinosaur, non-proboscidean was among their next releases.

I'd much rather take something like a Basilosaurus, a Megatherium, a Shonisaurus or a Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni over a proboscidean, to give some examples.

Jorgesaurus

I hope they soon make a stegosaurus, parasaurolophus, camarasaurus or corythosaurus

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on May 28, 2024, 09:02:18 PMSave for ornithischians (which I expect will be the next dinosaur group they will tackle)
Maybe we can finally get a definitive E. annectens since EoFauna seems to like doing Hell Creek fauna
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: