News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2025

Started by GojiraGuy1954, August 17, 2024, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

What on Earth is with the feet on the Dilophosaurus? They look so awkward.
Between that, the Edmontosaurus, and the Moros, I really think the sculptors don't know a thing about how dinosaur legs work.

Prehistory Resurrection

avatar_Sim @Sim There has been assumption that Schleich uses the same sculptor for some figures; for example, the newer adult T-Rex sculpt and the Tarbosaurus, so I wasn't expecting a much different sculpt. Because the juvenile Giganotosaurus bears some similarity with the Carcharodontosaurus in terms of the head sculpt (seems to be the same for the pose, except for the tail) , I'm tempted to say that the same sculptor was used, but the body sculpt also bears some similarity with the Tarbosaurus and this year's Allosaurus, so maybe it's this sculptor that was used? Anyway, I'm glad that the sculptor in charge of the newer adult Giganotosaurus sculpt or the Acrocanthosaurus wasn't used, because they obviously bear a different, less appealing sculpt .

suspsy

My own solution to the issue of Schleich's substandard prehistoric toys is the same as always: I do not buy them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on August 21, 2024, 07:01:45 PMMy own solution to the issue of Schleich's substandard prehistoric toys is the same as always: I do not buy them.

Same.

postsaurischian

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954: Here's the Frost mammoth again, in case you'd like to add it to the first post.

thomasw100

Feels like Schleich is continuing the race to the bottom. The times of the replica saurus series are long gone now.

Cretaceous Crab

I still don't get it. They were able to produce some absolute gems, such as Psittacosaurus, Oviraptor (which is basically Citipati), a handful of decent ceratopsians, the brown Spinosaurus.....but now, I mean, did they hire a different sculptor?

Halichoeres

The Psittacosaurus and Spinosaurus were sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov, so it's more like they contracted a good sculptor for just a couple of pieces and then never hired him again.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nyrorosaurus

CityRaptor

Yeah, this looks bad, even as a fantasy figure.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Im late to the party but my thoughs:
Eldrador mammoth: I expected in a way like this. Looks like monsteverse behemoth but in ice element
Eldrador triceratops: The pose reminds me to the red penta
Dilophosaurus: Why looks a poor copy of jw allo?
Carcharodontosaurus: Looks a lot like jwd giga, but I love they dumped the sail and opted for the spines of the back!

suspsy

The Stone Triceratops looks exactly as I expected it to look. I showed the image to my two boys and they both like it, so that's what matters most to Schleich. Bring on the 2026 Lava T. rex!

Now if only we could get some good quality images of the "real" dinosaurs, including the Velociraptor, I can make a blog announcement!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Nyrorosaurus

I'd keep an eye on https://www.fairplace-vorarlberg.at, which is where I found the image of the Stone Triceratops. They also have slightly better quality images of the Dilo, Carchar and Frost Mammoth than the ones posted here previously. Haven't found the other 2025 figures, yet

Gwangi

Over on the Dinosaur Toy Blog I'll see people give all manner of figures a 1-star vote. Doesn't matter what it is or by who. PNSO, Beasts of the Mesozoic, you name it. None of them are 1-star figures of course but this stone Triceratops, this is a 1-star figure, this is what a 1-star figure looks like.

Nyrorosaurus

crazy8wizard

Sim

And I was actually hoping it would have been a good one, finally.  This is Schleich at its worst and it's ugly.

CityRaptor

So the same old raptor....although the colors are kinda nostalgic. Very Jurassic Parky.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Primeval12

Yep. Another no-buy year from our good friends at Schleich

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Primeval12 on September 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PMYep. Another no-buy year from our good friends at Schleich

I would have thought you might have been at least a little interested in the Carcharodontosaurus

I'm sure for many on here, every year is a no-buy year for schleich lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: