News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy8wizard

To be quite honest the Camarasaurus and Lufengosaurus makes the lack of figures this year worth it for me.

SidB

Quote from: crazy8wizard on September 28, 2024, 06:51:40 PMTo be quite honest the Camarasaurus and Lufengosaurus makes the lack of figures this year worth it for me.
It's been a bit of a surprise for a lot of us to experience that slowdown,  avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard , but also an opportunity to play catch-up for figures that we hadn't gotten around to acquiring. Meanwhile, yeah, those two are gems, for sure.

Sim

Despite the lower number of releases so far, I think this is the best year for PNSO figures so far.  I love the Lufengosaurus and Baryonyx from PNSO this year!

crazy8wizard

Quote from: SidB on September 28, 2024, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on September 28, 2024, 06:51:40 PMTo be quite honest the Camarasaurus and Lufengosaurus makes the lack of figures this year worth it for me.
It's been a bit of a surprise for a lot of us to experience that slowdown,  avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard , but also an opportunity to play catch-up for figures that we hadn't gotten around to acquiring. Meanwhile, yeah, those two are gems, for sure.

I've never been a completionist for most figures, but I do understand how this can be jarring if you're used to a lot of figures. Personally, I much prefer a slow pace with lots of variety over completing whole families by releasing a bunch of similar figures all clumped together like last year.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Honestly I get the feeling that pnso rushed their production schedule to drop their lipped theropods as soon as possible, and now have to slow down a bit to catch up.

Faelrin

avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo Considering the onslaught of carcharodontosaurs and tyrannosaurs from last year, I think this tracks.

Despite the lower number of releases, there's been better diversity this time around.

2023 only had 1 sauropod, 1 ornithischian, with the rest being theropods (13), while this year has offered 2 sauropodomorphs, 1 ornithopod, 1 thyreophoran, and 2 theropods.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Well, before my Camarasaurus arrives and before the inevitable next reveal, I better give some love to Maxim.

Spoiler

Perhaps not their most impressive offering from the group, but I'm glad they've at least covered all the big names from it (plus an odd outlier). We'll see if they take it any further, I suppose there are still plenty to cover.

[close]

And just for the heck of it.

Flaffy

Stunning sculpt, but in desperate need of a better coat of paint...

Carnoking

Quote from: Flaffy on October 01, 2024, 05:19:47 PMStunning sculpt, but in desperate need of a better coat of paint...

I certainly don't hate the paint job. It probably helps that mine seems more vibrant than some that I've seen, but I do agree that it's easily the most lackluster of the group thus far.

SenSx

Very nice pictures.
Honestly the Baryonyx has an ok paintjob, it's not worst as before, it's just that it's too similar to what we alwready had on previous theropods, and it's the exact same color as the Giganotosaurus, which screams lazyness...

Baryonyx

However, it's the one of the only theropods they've done that actually has a beefy tail base (like Doug Watson's Allosaurus and Carnotaurus, Mesozoo Allosaurus). The PNSO Saurophaganax for example looks incredibly convincing but has a skinny tail like on  Carnegie theropods. But even the Eofauna T rex seems to have a skinny tail so I'm unsure of the concensus on this point.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Flaffy on October 01, 2024, 05:19:47 PMStunning sculpt, but in desperate need of a better coat of paint...

You can always add some white to its upper lip and call it a Marion Barryonyx...

oscars_dinos

Just got the camera in and wow I am blown away, easily one of pnso's best, I do wish the paint was applied a little more subtle but that's a minor complaint. Im wondering if this large sauropod is the reason why we've gone a whole month without a figure tho, I feel like pnso is afraid to sell these larger figures so maybe they don't want anyone stealing the spotlight from this figure. Regardless getting this guy just made me even more impatient to see what pnso has next its really so fun to see what they cook.

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on October 02, 2024, 06:13:00 AMJust got the camera in and wow I am blown away, easily one of pnso's best, I do wish the paint was applied a little more subtle but that's a minor complaint. Im wondering if this large sauropod is the reason why we've gone a whole month without a figure tho, I feel like pnso is afraid to sell these larger figures so maybe they don't want anyone stealing the spotlight from this figure. Regardless getting this guy just made me even more impatient to see what pnso has next its really so fun to see what they cook.

I can share this feeling. I was so impressed when my Camarasaurus came in a few days ago. Imagine they would follow up with yet another amazing sauropod.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Camara today so the Amazon deal was true. It's big hefty hung of plastic for sure. The tail feels a little small and stumpy but the body is just massively girthed with flesh, I don't even see a bit of shoulder blade and barely any hip.

Joel1905

Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 28, 2024, 06:03:35 PMI grow impatient... not seriously but kinda lol, do you think were getting a new figure tomorrow, Monday, or is pnso skipping this month

I really don't know what's happening with PNSO this year. Their releases have been stellar, but the slow schedule is really weird. I hope they're not being forced to scale back/slow down for financial reasons.

I know a lot of people seem to subscribe to the 'less is more' outlook and prefer a 'slower pace' but I really don't. Monthly releases were so exciting, especially as I still have many dinosaurs on my wishlist that PNSO either haven't made, or need to make updated versions of.

KrazyKaprosuchus

I don't really mind the slow schedule, in fact I welcome it since there are many figures i've yet to get.

SenSx

Not a fan of slow releases too, as I don't buy many models, few are interesting to me.
So, that means it even lowers the chances that PNSO makes one that interests me.

Elengassen

Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on October 04, 2024, 03:18:52 AMI don't really mind the slow schedule, in fact I welcome it since there are many figures i've yet to get.

Same here! I'm already behind on a lot of PNSO and Haolonggood releases (not to mention other stuff), so this is giving me a chance to catch up.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

thomasw100

PNSO has released a total of 6 figures in 2024, which is an all time low. What is particularly unusual is that they have not released any Museum line figure in this year. We can only speculate about potential reasons. I would think that this low output is due to combination of a number of reasons.

First, PNSO seems to be involved a lot with museum collaborations and exhibitions lately. They are not just a dinosaur figure manufacturer, but they produce books, exhibition materials and different works of paleoart. They may feel the need to diversify their activities more than before.

Second, the economy in China is not doing as well as maybe 2 or 3 years ago, and people will cut on purchases other than what is essential for their everyday life.

Third, PNSO might feel the pressure from competition due to companies like Haolonggood, Meng, Recur and a few others. Probably Haolonggood is the fiercest competitor and has been able to release very good figures at a much cheaper price than PNSO.

Fourth, people may have become more selective in their purchases given the high number of figures that was released by both PNSO and Haolonggood. Last year, both companies together released 35 figures. Only die hard collectors would be able to buy them all.

Fifth, PNSO may have indeed rushed all their non lipped theropods that were in various stages of development and production last year, because they may have feared that they would become obsolete. This may have reduced the number of figures they could release this year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: