News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich World of History

Started by pylraster, August 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Postosuchus84

The newer feathered dinosaurs look decent enough I feel. I mean there's some issues, but I have to remember that Schleich is stylistically slanted to the whole retrosaur thing. Not that it is a bad thing actually. Younger kids get interested in dinosaurs that way and want to learn more.

Takama

Those Models are indeed 2017 items.

I confronted Schleich about the raptors and they said that they are Utahraptor and Deinonychus

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on July 23, 2016, 05:38:54 PM

I confronted Schleich about the raptors and they said that they are Utahraptor and Deinonychus

Confronted! Sounds so combative.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 25, 2016, 07:55:20 PM
Quote from: Takama on July 23, 2016, 05:38:54 PM

Confronted! Sounds so combative.

Another freudian slip?  :)

ItsTwentyBelow

Seriously, maybe find another way to word it next time, Takama? You like to tell the forum that you've "confronted" this manufacturer, or that person, an awful lot. It comes off as overly aggressive.

As far as these Schleichs go, they are unimpressive to me. I don't think Schleich will ever regain its former early-2000s glory (which still wasn't THAT glorious) unless there is a big shake-up within the company. Yawn.

Takama

Im sorry I should not have used Confronted. More like, Simply asked them on there facebook

suspsy

I find the image of Takama slamming a Schleich rep up against a wall in a dark alley and screaming "WHAT ARE THESE TOYS? TALK!" rather amusing. ::)

I don't buy Schleich products, but those feathered raptors are definitely a big step in the right direction. Have to give credit where credit is due.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CarnegieCollector

OH-HO-HO! YES! I AM SOOOOO GONNA BUY THOSE FESTHERED RAPTORS!!!!  :))  :))  :D

They look awesome! Probably not very accurate, but schleich seems to try and be more...."awesome-bro" than scientificly accurate. And I don't have a problem with that.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

japfeif

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 26, 2016, 02:56:54 AM
Seriously, maybe find another way to word it next time, Takama? You like to tell the forum that you've "confronted" this manufacturer, or that person, an awful lot. It comes off as overly aggressive.

Heck guys...don't you suppose maybe Takama meant to say "contacted" rather than "confronted"?? Just giving benefit of the doubt!

tanystropheus

The Dunkleosteus doesn't even look like its made by Schleich. It is just too awesome! Articulated jaws and everything. It might just be their best model.

Takama

Ok so I did something im sure none of us would do.

I contacted Schleich and asked them if they will make a New T.Rex for 2018, and they said

QuoteHi Nathan - it is a possibility! I can pass your suggestion on to our product development team, but we won't know the final products for 2018 until closer to the end of next year! Thanks for liking Schleich

Before you ask.   YES i asked them if they will make a new T.Rex after I said that i hate it that they remake the same blasted species. But Remember that the new models will have Information tags, which will make them different from the years before, this is why i bought the 2017 Stegosaurus while i still had the 2012 one

CityRaptor

Knowing Schleich, if they airm for a feathered Tyrannosaurus, it will probably end up looking more like this:

That is if they find that pic of Gabutyra via Google Image Search.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

sauroid

you should have specified/stressed a FEATHERED T. rex.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on December 21, 2016, 01:31:13 AM
Ok so I did something im sure none of us would do.

I contacted Schleich and asked them if they will make a New T.Rex for 2018, and they said

QuoteHi Nathan - it is a possibility! I can pass your suggestion on to our product development team, but we won't know the final products for 2018 until closer to the end of next year! Thanks for liking Schleich

Before you ask.   YES i asked them if they will make a new T.Rex after I said that i hate it that they remake the same blasted species. But Remember that the new models will have Information tags, which will make them different from the years before, this is why i bought the 2017 Stegosaurus while i still had the 2012 one

You should have asked them about marine reptiles. It seems to be one of their only strong points!

Shonisaurus

They also make a good feathered tyrannosaurus rex  Schleich. As I say "hope is the last thing that is lost".

Every year I renew my hopes that perhaps at some point will make good figures the company Schleich of illusion is also lived.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.