News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich World of History

Started by pylraster, August 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovu

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2016, 06:05:57 AM
The Barapasaurus looks to be a pretty substantial figure.

For a second I thought, "Really? It looks so small compared to the Kentrosaurus".
And then I realized that wasn't a figure. It was a picture.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kovu on April 21, 2016, 06:10:27 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2016, 06:05:57 AM
The Barapasaurus looks to be a pretty substantial figure.

For a second I thought, "Really? It looks so small compared to the Kentrosaurus".
And then I realized that wasn't a figure. It was a picture.

Ha, yeah, that is confusing. It had the same effect on several people over in the other thread.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

The Barapasaurus looks good! Nice to see Schleich making some lesser-known dinosaurs. The stego in the volcano set is also nice, but I just don't want to buy the whole set... Same for the cave set which has some unique figures (Microraptor, Archaeopteryx, Quetzalcoatlus hatchling and Tyrannosaurus hatchling).

DC

I saw Barapasaurus at toy Fair looked about the size of their Apatosaurus.  Good size animal.  I always felt Schleich did best with sauropods. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Takama

Ok I was browsing there website and i came across this

Could this be a new item for 2017?  I dont recall any record for a Plesiosaurus to be made for 2016. but i think that this is a model that was put up by mistake because the Recent Summer models were now online.

I wonder if this Page will be taken down.

PaleoMatt

That's bizzare. It will probably be a nessie looking thing anyway.

stoneage

Maybe they think the Dunkleosteus is a Plesiosaurus?   :))

Takama

Well I confronted Everything Dinosaur about it. and here is what they had to say

QuoteWe are not officially able to comment at this time.  However, we know that Schleich are working on a number of models for 2017 and it is not beyond the realm of possibilities that a marine reptile figure could be introduced next year.

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Concavenator

Halichoeres

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on July 03, 2016, 02:58:43 PM
Look at this:
http://www.schleich-s.com/fileadmin/media/downloads/construction_manuals/42305.pdf

Page 26

Well, that's interesting! Embracing feathered coelurosaurs at long last, except that ornithomimosaur silhouette.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

And it seems that also will make an allosaurus. At first glance you can not appreciate, but it seems the reference 14580. Moreover eliminate the Spinosaurus was not from my point of view one of the worst figures Schleich Spinosaurus.

So I see you will be making a new brachiosaurus. We must wait.

Roselaar

Meh. Schleich is late to the feathered game and still makes subpar figures in 2017... ::)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Roselaar on July 03, 2016, 09:15:52 PM
Meh. Schleich is late to the feathered game and still makes subpar figures in 2017... ::)

Indeed, and that Barapasaurus is somewhat reminiscent of a flesh tearing thunder-o-saurus from the 1930's King Kong,.... horrible in all accounts (despite the suprisingly correct feet).

Silvanusaurus

Aaaah, good ol' Schleich... they made an attempt.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 03, 2016, 10:42:00 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on July 03, 2016, 09:15:52 PM

Indeed, and that Barapasaurus is somewhat reminiscent of a flesh tearing thunder-o-saurus from the 1930's King Kong,.... horrible in all accounts (despite the suprisingly correct feet).

The Schleich Barapasaurus not convince me, it looks like a cross between an alien creature and a sauropod. Moreover colors are ugly and garish, nothing to do with other companies and on the other hand is of considerable size.

As icing on the figure is said in the portal Schleich this figure by the Triassic dunkleosteus they are giants, and as we know the animal dunkleosteus is Devonian and Jurassic Barapasaurus. Moreover, the Herrerasaurus more reminiscent of a prehistoric crocodile that time as Saurosuchus or eurparkeria.

The only part that is saved by far is the dunkleosteus.

tanystropheus

Are there any updated photos of the Barapasaurus?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 03, 2016, 11:18:38 PM
Are there any updated photos of the Barapasaurus?

See my post, should be most recent....

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

I got the new 3 schleich dinos today and the Barapasaurus impressed me most, the dunkleostous is awesome too, the herrarasaurus is the worst, i dont like the long theeth which are made in a wierd block form. Yeah the Barapasaurus  doenst look 100% accurate with the blue spots on his back but if u like dinos even if they are not 100% realistic its an awesome and big modell.

Schleich is really good on adding so much details on this new dinos. If u go for the realism i would recommend the armoured fish dunkleostus or how its called. I bought it together with the safari modell and they both look awesome together. Must have in my eyes.
I can add pics if u want.

Sim

I find the worst part of the Schleich Barapasaurus is its head.  It looks like it's rotting away, due to being so shrink-wrapped and with the skin being different over skull openings.  I don't know why the Schleich Barapasaurus and Giganotosaurus have skull openings covered in what looks like skin with small holes that resembles parotoid glands.  Looking at the cane toad photo on the Wikipedia parotoid gland page, the Schleich Dimetrodon bears surprising resemblance to the cane toad too, particularly with the skin covering near its eyes and on the sides of its body.  I wonder if Schleich uses amphibians (or just the cane toad) as inspiration for the body covering of their non-amphibian prehistoric animal figures?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: