News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Reptilia, December 16, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Giganotosaurus
Siats
Kosmoceratops
Supersaurus
Inostrancevia
Scutosaurus
Cave Lion
Amargasaurus resculpt
Spinosaurus repaint
"Blue" Velociraptor repaint
Diplodocus
Coelophysis
Sauropelta
Gallimimus
Kelenken
Titanus
Mastodon
Titanoboa
Basilosaurus
Mosasaurus
Concavenator
Corythosaurus
Sarcosuchus
Liopleurodon
Indricotherium
Gastornis
Plateosaurus
Deinocheirus
Monolophosaurus
Brontosaurus
Epidexipteryx
Tanystropheus
Tsintaosaurus
Yutyrannus
Psittacosaurus
Microraptor
Dreadnoughtus
Yi
Postosuchus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

A saber-toothed feline other than the smilodon, for example, machairodus, papo could make a prehistoric feline of the same quality in details as its tigers and lions for two examples.

CarnotaurusKing

Giganotosaurus

Accurate Tyrannosaurus

Diplodocus

Borealopelta

Then maybe a pliosaur or other kind of marine reptile, and a new pterosaur of some sort.

Of course, everything Papo puts out is a miniature work of art, so I'd be happy either way. Unless it's the same fella that sculpted the sub-par Amargasaurus and previous marine reptiles.

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 03, 2019, 09:21:40 PM

Sorry, misunderstanding! Might be because I'm German and English is just my third language. I didn't want to defend the way Xiao behaved. Obviously he's not serious enough to work with.
I come from music and in music it's obligate that the musicians involved are mentioned on the album's cover. For Dinosaur figures I wish it was the same, especially when they come with boxes or papers that describe the figure and species.
If the production process is a corporation with no particular sculptor to point out I can see why there's no mentioning, but in PNSO's case I'm really surprised because they indeed left the impression that ZHAO Chuang was the sculptor of all their models. Or am I the only fool who thought so?

I also had that impression. And like you, I would love to know everyone who contributed to the plastic art on my shelves.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Vidusaurus

Syndicate Bias

Giganotosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Giganotosaurus

Shonisaurus

It would also be necessary a gallimimus by Papo it was thought last year in the DTF that Papo was going to perform a gallimimus and unfortunately it was false news. I hope you surprise us with a gallimimuys and even ... with a paraceratherium in acceptable size.

Killekor

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 03, 2019, 09:21:40 PM
Sorry, misunderstanding! Might be because I'm German and English is just my third language. I didn't want to defend the way Xiao behaved. Obviously he's not serious enough to work with.
I come from music and in music it's obligate that the musicians involved are mentioned on the album's cover. For Dinosaur figures I wish it was the same, especially when they come with boxes or papers that describe the figure and species.
If the production process is a corporation with no particular sculptor to point out I can see why there's no mentioning, but in PNSO's case I'm really surprised because they indeed left the impression that ZHAO Chuang was the sculptor of all their models. Or am I the only fool who thought so?

No. I also thought that Mr. Chuang was the sculptor of these models. I think that most of us always thought this.

Thanks avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO for the information! A question: did the sculptor which you are talking also sculpted the giant vinyl figures from 2016?
And avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum , could you merge the Papo 2020 H&D thread and this discussion in two different topics? Thanks in advance!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 02, 2019, 09:44:43 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 02, 2019, 05:12:34 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 02, 2019, 03:25:55 PM
Quote from: Mirroraptor on October 31, 2019, 03:09:45 AM
Rebor's early products and PNSO products are from the same sculptor-J.S.Xiao, who works at Musee studio right now.).

When J.S.Xiao first came to us he knew nothing about dinosaur at all, we taught him everything patiently, email by email, photoshop by photoshop and we had to do this during midnight to 11AM every single day due to the time difference between the UK and China. Attached is a photo of the REBOR Acrocanthosaurus sculpt's early prototype, as you can see without our guidance he couldn't even find the correct positions of Acros' eyes, we still have lots of laughable photos of his early works and we don't mind sharing them here with you guys.

Then he left us and went to the higher bidder which was PNSO, .......

Please clarify!
  All PNSO models have been sculpted by ZHAO Chuang.
  Are you guys saying that he and J.S.Xiao are the same person under a different name or what?
  I think ZHAO Chuang is among the greatest Dinosaur sculptors of our time and I can hardly believe what I'm reading here.

Zhao is a great painter but not a sculptor nor did him claim that all those sculpts were done by himself anywhere so you guys may misunderstood him. J.S.Xiao was hired by PNSO and sculpted many pieces such as T-rex Wilson, Spinosaurus,Triceratops,the Family Zoo line and juvenile dinosaurs with Zhao being the art director behind all these products(late 2015-2017). Then Xiao became conceited and thought that Zhao has stolen his fame so he started disobeying Zhao, working on his own projects e.g. Diabloceratops and Carnotaurus, talking bad things about Zhao behind his back while still being paid by him. Zhao tried to reason with him but Xiao was full of himself, also at the same time (late 2017-2018) PNSO has mastered digital sculpting techniques so one day Xiao suddently found out that he has become jobless-dun dun duuuuun! What a surprise.

Then he tried to come back to us and we said nope.
Soooo I missed all this somehow. The only thing I find weird about it all is I was pretty sure Zhao Chuang sculpted life sized Dinosaur models just like we were shown at the PNSO exhibition. I thought I even read articles about his work. Many resemble some of the models closely. This is one of the reasons I always assumed PNSO's model line to be his work. It is possible he just contributed to painting these life sized models. A lot of what avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO says does seem to make sense.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

A camarasaurus or an estemmenosuchus would be good dinosaur ideas for Papo 2020.

And about I would like a giganotosaurus!

triceratops83

Hopefully we'll start to see the new releases in a couple of weeks. I'd like an ornithopod from Papo, and the two I think they are more likely to produce than any other are Corythosaurus (JP inspired?) and Ouranosaurus (goes well with their spinosaurus and kinda seems suited to their style).

But on behalf of all those who keep asking for them year after year, I hope we also finally get a Giganotosaurus and Gallimimus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 24, 2019, 08:41:15 AM
Hopefully we'll start to see the new releases in a couple of weeks. I'd like an ornithopod from Papo, and the two I think they are more likely to produce than any other are Corythosaurus (JP inspired?) and Ouranosaurus (goes well with their spinosaurus and kinda seems suited to their style).

But on behalf of all those who keep asking for them year after year, I hope we also finally get a Giganotosaurus and Gallimimus.

I confirm that, we need a giganotosaurus and a gallimimus from Papo.

Concavenator

I would like to see a Microraptor and a Torosaurus or Chasmosaurus from Papo (of course assuming they're not too awesomebro and with reasonable poses  :P )

Shonisaurus

Again, I would like the chasmosaurus, paraceratherium and shonisaurus or shastasaurus by Papo 2020. I would like some of those figures to be reproduced by Papo. My hopes of making these figures by some brand of prehistoric toy animals has been dramatically reduced to the Papo or PNSO brand are my last hopes and I'm afraid that none of those three / four figures will be realized this year.  :-\

Duna

I would like to complete my collection with some classic dinos as gallimimus, torosaurus, kentrosaurus, ouranosaurus, corythosarus, muttaburrasaurus, tenontosaurus, heterodontosaurus and hypsilophodon.
But I cross my fingers for the gallimimus and torosaurus.  :D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on November 24, 2019, 02:47:27 PM
I would like to complete my collection with some classic dinos as gallimimus, torosaurus, kentrosaurus, ouranosaurus, corythosarus, muttaburrasaurus, tenontosaurus, heterodontosaurus and hypsilophodon.
But I cross my fingers for the gallimimus and torosaurus.  :D

Given the economic impossibility of buying the BoTM torosaurus sincerely crossed my fingers so that a torosaurus is performed by Papo is a ceraptoside not yet sufficiently represented in the toy market if we except brands such as Collecta, Safari or WWD (Toyway ) for three examples.

Ivántirrophus

I've waited for years a giganotosaurus from papo. i thought it would be better or equal than Pnso's,  but it is worse than Eofauna's.   :-\ :(  I pass

dragon53

I asked this elsewhere, but I probably won't buy the Papo Giganotosaurus----so who makes the best Giganotosaurus?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on December 12, 2019, 05:19:46 PM
I asked this elsewhere, but I probably won't buy the Papo Giganotosaurus----so who makes the best Giganotosaurus?

The best giganotosaurus are those of Eofauna, PNSO, Vitae and Safari. For me the most elegant is that of Eofauna, the most realistic and practical is that of Safari with those legs that are held on a base attached to the body and that prevents it from having large feet and on the other hand fully proportioned feet, that of PNSO It is beautiful but the problem is his jaw, his movable base is very good but nevertheless his figure does not hold in perfect condition. Finally Vitae giganotosaurus is great but perhaps the colors of the dinosaur and its texture when touched too rubbery or rough spoil the figure.

For me the best giganotosaurus is that of Eofauna followed by the Safari brand very closely that perhaps would match it in genius if it had been given a touch of different paint.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on December 12, 2019, 12:59:48 PM
I've waited for years a giganotosaurus from papo. i thought it would be better or equal than Pnso's,  but it is worse than Eofauna's.   :-\ :(  I pass

That's how I feel 😭 avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO GRAB N GO Giga please!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: