News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Weird Figures Only You Would Want?

Started by Loon, October 27, 2020, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I've been wanting something like this forever. Kind of why I bought some of the corals, crinoids, etc, from the Life project (such as the Favosites, Petalocrinus, etc) because there really aren't any other viable options out there for most of those. Granted they'll probably be quite small to scale well with most of the Paleozoic figures out there but I guess we'll find out later won't we?

To be honest that may be fun to sculpt as well. I picked up a bunch of sculpy recently. I may have to try my hand at this. Any particular genera, formation, time period, etc in mind?

On a similar note after visiting the Gilboa museum in NY back in 2019, that has a fair share of Devonian plant life fossils, I'd like to see a diorama of something like that as well, or at the very least plants themselves.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Wallnut

I want a giant diorama that has rare bullyland figures like arizonasaurus,mastodonsaurus,ankylosaurus including the museum exclusives.It would certainly be expensive but that would be really cool and the collecters that didnt got the figures could have them.

Shonisaurus

I would like a diorama even if it is made of resin of a paraceratherium paraceratherium beating with heads like WWB, and yes in a size at least as big or more than its counterpart Paraceratherium of iToy. I would like the moment of the head butt fight to be recorded and made in one piece like Michelangelo's Moses.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 30, 2021, 01:41:39 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 30, 2021, 01:38:58 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want this, but I'm probably one of few. I'd like a nice Paleozoic reef diorama with a bunch of tabulate corals, brachiopods, crinoids, etc., and some spots to mount fishes, eurypterids, or whatever.

I imagine it and i love it. In general, there should be more underwater Dioramas/Bases.
Your version sounds a bit like an changable Dioramasystem, where you can place the Figures you collected on the Diorama the way you like. Maybe these smaller Bases are also modular and can be used, to form a big Diorama. But with a realistic look, and not a toyish appearence. Sounds way too expensive, but i like the Idea now.

Exactly so. You're right that it would probably be expensive. I suppose it could be sold as interconnected tiles that you could buy individually, each with some sessile animal on it. Then you could make it as large or small (as expensive or as cheap) as you want it.

Quote from: Faelrin on April 05, 2021, 04:39:01 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I've been wanting something like this forever. Kind of why I bought some of the corals, crinoids, etc, from the Life project (such as the Favosites, Petalocrinus, etc) because there really aren't any other viable options out there for most of those. Granted they'll probably be quite small to scale well with most of the Paleozoic figures out there but I guess we'll find out later won't we?

To be honest that may be fun to sculpt as well. I picked up a bunch of sculpy recently. I may have to try my hand at this. Any particular genera, formation, time period, etc in mind?

On a similar note after visiting the Gilboa museum in NY back in 2019, that has a fair share of Devonian plant life fossils, I'd like to see a diorama of something like that as well, or at the very least plants themselves.

Yeah, the Life game is going to be the closest we get to this. But if you're feeling ambitious, I think the Soom Shale would be a good place to represent. It's an excellent snapshot of an Ordovician marine fauna, even including the famous Promissum.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.