News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Weird Figures Only You Would Want?

Started by Loon, October 27, 2020, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varanops

Make mine a nice Secodontosaurus, either a Mesosaurus or a Hovasaurus, and, of course, a Varanops; scale not important, so long as they comport fairly well together.

Lynx

A fish corpse. It sounds strange, yes, but I think it would look beautiful in dioramas or as part of a base (Like if collectA made good bases I would slap a fish on their spinosaurus base.) Another strange thing I would like is a spinosaurus corpse figure. I feel CollectA will do it well if not "perfectly" and I think it would be a great addition to the line.
An oversized house cat.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Varanops on February 01, 2021, 03:14:43 PM
Make mine a nice Secodontosaurus, either a Mesosaurus or a Hovasaurus, and, of course, a Varanops; scale not important, so long as they comport fairly well together.

Mesosaurus would be great. It's fairly common in old collections and museums however it has unfortunately become more difficult to obtain in recent years now that they can no longer be exported. I don't have one myself yet but a mesosaurus toy would display nicely alongside my cast.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Loon

I'd love a mesosaurus. It's a relatively important animal in the world of science, so I'm shocked no one's done a proper figure.

Reuben03

Quote from: Loon on February 01, 2021, 06:04:18 PM
I'd love a mesosaurus. It's a relatively important animal in the world of science, so I'm shocked no one's done a proper figure.
they are such gorgeous little creatures, really underrepresented in general. such a shame!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lynx on February 01, 2021, 03:42:04 PM
A fish corpse. It sounds strange, yes, but I think it would look beautiful in dioramas or as part of a base (Like if collectA made good bases I would slap a fish on their spinosaurus base.) Another strange thing I would like is a spinosaurus corpse figure. I feel CollectA will do it well if not "perfectly" and I think it would be a great addition to the line.

PNSO made a fish corpse, although it's not terribly accurate.

Quote from: Varanops on February 01, 2021, 03:14:43 PM

I'd buy all of those.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JPuggy

Patrx

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who'd like large-scale figures of small archosaurs like Hypsilophodon, Sinosauropteryx, Heterodontosaurus, and Anurognathus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JPuggy on March 12, 2021, 03:42:59 PM
life sized microraptor or compy

Quote from: Patrx on March 12, 2021, 04:15:12 PM
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who'd like large-scale figures of small archosaurs like Hypsilophodon, Sinosauropteryx, Heterodontosaurus, and Anurognathus.

My favorite scale will always be 1:1 no matter unfeasible it is.. ;)

Thialfi

I'd honestly want a dinosaur in the middle of pooping, or having just dropped a massive one. Sorry, not sorry.

JPuggy

Halichoeres

How large are we talking? A life-sized Anurognathus would work for me, but the others I'd prefer in 1:12 or 1:6, somewhere in there.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 14, 2021, 02:38:51 AM

How large are we talking? A life-sized Anurognathus would work for me, but the others I'd prefer in 1:12 or 1:6, somewhere in there.
Agreed. Although, a life sized Sinosauropteryx as a plush, perhaps designed to be slung over ones shoulder, would also be quite lovely, but a Hypsilophodon or such would just be too large to really move around if it was life sized.

Faelrin

We really need more resting (including sleeping) or sitting dinosaurs (or mammals or whatever). Thought of this after looking at some of D @Dino Scream3232 pics with the BotM ceratopsians. Other then the upcoming Tethyshadros from avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Wild Past line, the only other one I can think of was the Mei from PNSO. Perhaps burrowing dinosaurs too as there have been a few dinosaurs recently discovered in burrows such as a few ornithischians I think whose names escape my mind at the moment.

I'd also like to see a whale fall type figure or diorama made with a mosasaurus or something along those lines. I mean CollectA doesn't shy away from doing corpses so maybe they would be good at doing something like that. It's honestly something I think about time from time, after watching docs of deep ocean stuff.

Also yes I'd like a lifesize Sinosauropteryx plushie (or Sciurumimus). I can't imagine that would be cheap though. The Secodontosaurus, Mesosaurus, etc suggestions are good too. Shame there are nothing for those yet really.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Patrx

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 14, 2021, 02:38:51 AM

Yeah, that's another oddity for me I suppose in that I don't necessarily want my figures all in the same scale, but rather, I guess, "big enough to appreciate at a reasonable distance"? Maybe at least fifteen cm in length, or thereabouts. As far as maximum size, that's more an issue of cost or space than aesthetics, but 1:1 is always cool when it can be done without launching the price into the stratosphere.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin CollectA also has a sitting/lounging Daspletosaurus, but it's not the best figure in general.
Some more natural poses would make a nice change
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: Faelrin on March 14, 2021, 04:43:27 AM
We really need more resting (including sleeping) or sitting dinosaurs (or mammals or whatever). Thought of this after looking at some of D @Dino Scream3232 pics with the BotM ceratopsians.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin funny that you bring that up. I mentioned that it would be nice to get figures in other poses in my Safari Daspletosaurus review. I was comparing the resting collectA to it.

Halichoeres

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want this, but I'm probably one of few. I'd like a nice Paleozoic reef diorama with a bunch of tabulate corals, brachiopods, crinoids, etc., and some spots to mount fishes, eurypterids, or whatever.

Libraraptor

I know I once asked another member for painting me two mating Dimetrodon. Two figures mating would be really, really interesting. Doese anything like this exist as a figure? I donĀ“t think so.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 30, 2021, 01:38:58 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want this, but I'm probably one of few. I'd like a nice Paleozoic reef diorama with a bunch of tabulate corals, brachiopods, crinoids, etc., and some spots to mount fishes, eurypterids, or whatever.

I imagine it and i love it. In general, there should be more underwater Dioramas/Bases.
Your version sounds a bit like an changable Dioramasystem, where you can place the Figures you collected on the Diorama the way you like. Maybe these smaller Bases are also modular and can be used, to form a big Diorama. But with a realistic look, and not a toyish appearence. Sounds way too expensive, but i like the Idea now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: