News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Weird Figures Only You Would Want?

Started by Loon, October 27, 2020, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on November 07, 2020, 07:43:50 AM
This may seem selfish, as I'm in the US; but, I'd really want a dinosaur from California. Like, I get it, Cali was under water for a good amount of earth's history and there are not many dinosaurs from here, but if the LA Natural History Museum or somebody came out with an Augustynolophus figure, I'd buy 10.
I get it. There are probably a ton of figures of Dinosaurs from Alberta and other western provinces, but something from the Maritimes would be nice. Ceolophysis and Plateosaurus can sort of be counted (they're even [sort of] from NS!), but they're only known from ichnofossils here so we technically don't get to count them.

Strawberry Crocodile

Three or four of the same species in different poses and maybe different ages or secondary sex characteristics so I'd have a herd/flock/pack. I understand why that doesn't happen often, it's pretty expensive, but it feels bad that all my gregarious animals are alone and the idea of having multiple identical figures just to have a group seems silly.

The 00s Carnegie dilophosaurus had a pair and I have a parent+child brachiosaurus combo, but that's still p rare

(That said, there are enough green or brown t. rex that look similar to conceivably have a family unit, same with the red carnotaurus meme. Sadly my favorite large theropod, allosaurus, is pretty all over the place in toy depictions.)
Profile pic by Stolpergiest

CityRaptor

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe have some sort of life cycle thing, starting with hatchlings and ending with corpses. Guess you can kinda do that with CollectA Rexes, but I thought of something more complete. The Great Circle of Life has begun...

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 07, 2020, 02:20:34 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 02:15:42 AM
Teenage or adult collectors might find pride in it but when it looks like a monster it will scare children regardless.
No i mean as a indian kid myself, i like this figure because its represents a indian dinosaur

Claire Dearing: Think it'll scare the kids?
Simon Masrani: The kids? This will give the parents nightmares.
Claire Dearing: Is that... good?
Simon Masrani: That's fantastic.

Just came to my mind.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 11, 2020, 12:24:45 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe have some sort of life cycle thing, starting with hatchlings and ending with corpses. Guess you can kinda do that with CollectA Rexes, but I thought of something more complete. The Great Circle of Life has begun...

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 07, 2020, 02:20:34 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 02:15:42 AM
Teenage or adult collectors might find pride in it but when it looks like a monster it will scare children regardless.
No i mean as a indian kid myself, i like this figure because its represents a indian dinosaur

Claire Dearing: Think it'll scare the kids?
Simon Masrani: The kids? This will give the parents nightmares.
Claire Dearing: Is that... good?
Simon Masrani: That's fantastic.

Just came to my mind.
haha nice

Pachyrhinosaurus

Sphodrosaurus pennsylvanicus. A very rare Triassic reptile that has only been found in my own Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Not many locals even know about it. It's also missing much of the skull and so it would have to be somewhat speculative.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Strawberry Crocodile

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 11, 2020, 02:02:17 AM
Sphodrosaurus pennsylvanicus. A very rare Triassic reptile that has only been found in my own Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Not many locals even know about it. It's also missing much of the skull and so it would have to be somewhat speculative.

I've been to Lancaster! Lovely town, great shoofly pies.
Profile pic by Stolpergiest

Justin_

Quote from: Strawberry Crocodile on November 10, 2020, 10:21:45 PM
Three or four of the same species in different poses and maybe different ages or secondary sex characteristics so I'd have a herd/flock/pack.

Check out some of the Khurasn Miniatures which are sold together in different poses.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

How about a series of really small animals in 1:35 scale? In the case of really small ones maybe on little bases
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I would like an armadillosuchus in a large or medium / large size. That rare prehistoric animal in PVC format and with a good paleo-artistic representation is a prehistoric animal that I would like to see represented in figure.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 11, 2020, 11:00:52 AM
How about a series of really small animals in 1:35 scale? In the case of really small ones maybe on little bases

I'm into it. Like the CollectA Koreaceratopses. Safari Good Luck Minis could also be a good format for these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

I agree avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , I just hope they stand well and aren't like 20 bucks

Newt

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 11, 2020, 02:02:17 AM

What a coincidence, I've just today been dredging Fossilworks for Chatham Group (Triassic section of Newark Supergroup) taxa. I actually hadn't found Sphodrosaurus yet. Seems like a neat little critter.

Shonisaurus

I would like a pair (male and female) of the horned ungulate prolibytherium in PVC version. It seems to me a quite curious and interesting mammal since the male and the female have different horns. I understand that people are not interested in that species.

I would also like a portosaurus in a 1:20 scale version and made of solid PVC, preferably made by Eofauna, Safari, PNSO or Collecta. It seems to me a figure that none of the aforementioned brands and with that scale would dare to market because of the costs that it would entail, the expense of material and the astronomical price that it would mean to sell a gigantic reproduction of that giant sauropod.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2020, 07:34:05 PM
I would also like a portosaurus in a 1:20 scale version and made of solid PVC, preferably made by Eofauna, Safari, PNSO or Collecta. It seems to me a figure that none of the aforementioned brands and with that scale would dare to market because of the costs that it would entail, the expense of material and the astronomical price that it would mean to sell a gigantic reproduction of that giant sauropod.

You want a sauropod figure a meter and a half long?  :o

At some point decorations become furniture.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 11, 2020, 10:43:01 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2020, 07:34:05 PM

You want a sauropod figure a meter and a half long?  :o

At some point decorations become furniture.

If it can be solid PVC, I would honestly like it even if it was expensive. Keep in mind that alive I would only get rid of some of the furniture. I wouldn't mind having a meter and a half long sauropod, a reuili gatesaurus at that scale and a meter and a half long would be great, as long as it was very detailed, although as we know its scientific appearance, unfortunately we do not know it from its very scarce remains . It would be interesting but you just have to think about what it would cost.

Roar

A dinosaur figure with a small pterosaur perched on its head.
Onwards to adventure!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Walhalla on November 12, 2020, 09:50:34 PM

That reminds me of the pterosaur from Ricardo Delgado's comic Age the reptiles "Warfare" in which a pterosaur called the buzzard is dedicated to grooming a tyrannosaurus as if it were a dentist bird that cares for a crocodile in today's world. It is a good idea considering that evolutionary convergence has always occurred among animals throughout the history of mankind. That figure would be very interesting.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It reminds me of the second episode of Walking with Dinosaurs with the Anuragnathus living permanently on the Diplodocus for some reason. I only remember that because I recently rewatched it.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you have enough room for a metre and a half long sauropod figure? Wow
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 11, 2020, 11:00:52 AM

Yes. I'm also in.

Quote from: Walhalla on November 12, 2020, 09:50:34 PM

Thats a sweet Idea. It is not nearly the same, but i had to think of this Display instantly. It is so simple, yet atmospheric.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx For a figure like the gatesaurus I have enough space, since I live alone and by natural law I no longer have anyone in my charge, also unfortunately and I can afford these luxuries. I am also aware that I call this figure "rare" because it would be almost impossible for them to do so in the toy dinosaur market, except for an individual or an institution. It is more normal for cows to fly or for frogs to grow hairs to make a puertosaurus of that size, which by the way would be very expensive as it is massive as I want it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: