News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Weird Figures Only You Would Want?

Started by Loon, October 27, 2020, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Have you ever had an idea for a figure that only you would like? Mine would be a Hadrosaur eating some wood.

Baryonyx

paintingdinos

More dinosaurs in resting positions! Especially large carnivores.

There are some really beautiful resin models that depict this (usually herbivores), but I wouldn't complain if there were some cheaper options available too. I get why they don't necessarily make fun toys but from a company like PNSO that puts a little more focus on artistry.... would make me very happy.

Shonisaurus

I would like to see a figure of baby dinosaurs caressed with its mother, it would be interesting but logically I am aware that this figure would increase the costs of the figure.

Baryonyx

A sauropod scratching its neck against a tree?

stargatedalek

Dinoguy2

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 28, 2020, 04:09:20 PM
Life sized great auk coming when.

I'd like an entire line of 1:1 scale prehistoric creatures. Hyphalosaurus, Pterodactylus, SCansoriopteryx, various little mammals and lizards, Cambrian creatures... lots of possibilities.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Stegotyranno420

Honestly this should be way way more specific, by that logic, figurine of an actual Loon bird is wierd

Roselaar

Any type of mating dinosaurs. There, I said it.

Shonisaurus

I would like a set of a paraceratherium or other prehistoric baby mammal being suckled by its mother. It would be a very nice set, or for example a set of baby dinosaurs playing or being fed by their parents for example tyrannosaurs feeding their children with the remains of a hadrosaurid or a ceratopsid.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on October 29, 2020, 01:53:33 PM
Any type of mating dinosaurs. There, I said it.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar didn't you hear? Papo has already answered this call:

Quote from: Baryonyx on October 27, 2020, 07:53:14 PM
A sauropod scratching its neck against a tree?

I mostly want the tree, although I don't think I'm unique in that respect.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

i know this is going to be very controversial, but i want to see 2 dinosaurs engaged in physical conflict, like if you just looked at a dinosaur fight or one of my SFC episodes and paused it.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 28, 2020, 04:17:50 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 28, 2020, 04:09:20 PM
Life sized great auk coming when.

I'd like an entire line of 1:1 scale prehistoric creatures. Hyphalosaurus, Pterodactylus, SCansoriopteryx, various little mammals and lizards, Cambrian creatures... lots of possibilities.
Hylonomus and some of the carboniferous arthropods would be great candidates too.

Halichoeres

Personally I prefer any animal that was over about 20 cm to be smaller than life-size, but that still leaves plenty of interesting arthropods, some smaller fishes and amphibians, mollusks...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

I would like a line of prehistoric and extinct fish of all time, without scales with an acceptable size like the dunkleosteus of Collecta for example and well sculpted. There are very few prehistoric fish on the toy dinosaur market.

Cretaceous Crab

The 2018 Schleich Carnotaurus. It's so weird and totally inaccurate,  but just so funky-looking, I love it!

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/02/26/carnotaurus-2018conquering-the-earth-by-schleich/

Sarapaurolophus

Pretty sure I'm not the only one wanting these, but dinosaurs sleeping. Even amongst artist resins I haven't seen too many of them. The only one I don't want to see sleeping anymore is Mei long ;)

Lanthanotus

I think I wouldn`t mind if more figures are released with "accessories", if they are well done..... as plant food or prey items in the mouth, moulting skin, debris sticking in between spikes and plates, detachable bases that provide a bit of environment. As of now I add that on my own...

I also would like more big plants, maybe with little detachable pterosaurs or so....

Last but not least I like when a certain species is released in two or more poses/stances/sexes, that allow for grouping as family, pair or any other interaction.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on November 01, 2020, 12:32:45 PM
The 2018 Schleich Carnotaurus. It's so weird and totally inaccurate,  but just so funky-looking, I love it!

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/02/26/carnotaurus-2018conquering-the-earth-by-schleich/

Not my cup of tea, but I see the appeal. Definitely funky. It reminds me of the armor worn by Dracula in the beginning of Bram Stoker's Dracula:

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 01, 2020, 07:33:09 PM
I think I wouldn`t mind if more figures are released with "accessories", if they are well done..... as plant food or prey items in the mouth, moulting skin, debris sticking in between spikes and plates, detachable bases that provide a bit of environment. As of now I add that on my own...

I also would like more big plants, maybe with little detachable pterosaurs or so....

Last but not least I like when a certain species is released in two or more poses/stances/sexes, that allow for grouping as family, pair or any other interaction.

I like all of these ideas. I don't usually have more than one figure per species, but in the event a company had multiple figures that complemented each other in the way you describe, I would certainly consider it. I liked CollectA's tiny Koreaceratops and Hypsilophodon families, and it bums me out they've never revisited that format.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on November 01, 2020, 02:36:40 PM
Pretty sure I'm not the only one wanting these, but dinosaurs sleeping. Even amongst artist resins I haven't seen too many of them. The only one I don't want to see sleeping anymore is Mei long ;)

Agreed. I would love for some Safari or Collecta style sleeping or resting dinosaurs.

I also would love a spring loaded trilobite that when you press on its back it rolls up.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: