News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA 2023 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 29, 2021, 11:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Oh I would love a Maiasaura as well. A genus I've been wanting to have an up to date figure of for a while now.

Renecito

I forgot to ask for my fav ceratopsian a 1:6 scale Psittacosaurus with belly button.  ;D
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Fembrogon

Here's a different sort of wish: I want a deluxe Therizinosaurus repaint.
Collecta's current Theri has a good sculpt - good enough it's probably still in the top 3 figures for the genus in med-lg scale - but the current color scheme drags it down and I've never been quite compelled enough to get it. A wholly new paint job could do wonders for the figure, and it's not like repaints are entirely foreign to Collecta.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Fembrogon on October 28, 2022, 04:38:46 PMHere's a different sort of wish: I want a deluxe Therizinosaurus repaint.
Collecta's current Theri has a good sculpt - good enough it's probably still in the top 3 figures for the genus in med-lg scale - but the current color scheme drags it down and I've never been quite compelled enough to get it. A wholly new paint job could do wonders for the figure, and it's not like repaints are entirely foreign to Collecta.

The thing that bothers me about that Theri more than the color scheme is the feet. But CollectA generally has problems with theropod feet. But from the hips up, it is one of the best on offer.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Fair point on the feet; that's my biggest general qualm with Collecta theropods too.
Hey, maybe a little revision couldn't hurt?

Faelrin

Not the biggest fan of how the feathering was done on it, and the legs as said, but otherwise it's not too bad on the anatomy. A repaint would certainly help it however.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Personally, I think the CollectA Nothronychus is even more in need of an upgrade than the Therizinosaurus.

And who knows, perhaps next month will mark the unveiling of the Supreme Yi qi many fans have been wanting for years.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Fingers crossed for something like that. That would be a banger for sure. I have both PNSO's and Kaiyodo's (or did, with both in storage now unfortunately), and yearn for more figures of this weirdly wonderful little dinosaur, if not its relative Ambopteryx as well.

Edit: Actually come to think of it, I am actually surprised they haven't jumped on it yet, since they have been rather quick with Borealopelta, Lisowicia, etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

This may or may not also be the first assortment that was created without the late Anthony Beeson's influence.

I wonder what the seemingly obligatory upgrade will be? We already touched on Therizinosaurus and Nothronychus, but Corythosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Brachiosaurus all need to be replaced as well. So could the woolly mammoth for that matter.

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on October 30, 2022, 12:44:12 PMThis may or may not also be the first assortment that was created without the late Anthony Beeson's influence.

It seems the 2023 figures will still have been designed under Beeson's advice.

Quoting CollectA's 2022 catalog (which you can check):

QuoteAnthony Beeson

[...]

This year CollectA are not issuing any figures in the Popular Range, as time and other circumstances were against Matthias and I, but we have already started on some for 2023.

[...]

Dinoxels

Do we have official confirmations of reveals soon or is this just following the pattern?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

We're following the pattern that's been in place since at least 2015. They always start the reveals during the first week of November.

Halichoeres

I agree the Nothronychus is more dire than the Therizinosaurus. Any better-known therizinosaur would be welcome, like maybe Alxasaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Dinoxels

Quote from: suspsy on October 30, 2022, 09:03:07 PMWe're following the pattern that's been in place since at least 2015. They always start the reveals during the first week of November.
So this week then eh? Neato.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Halichoeres

Yeah, specifically every Friday early morning, which for people in the Americas means it's around midnight Thursday evening, plus or minus an hour or two. They'll generally reveal a few each week for 3 or 4 weeks. Often there are leaks ahead of time, but I haven't heard any this year.

suspsy

The first CollectA 2023 will be posted on Everything Dinosaur in just about 12 hours, people! This is always the most exciting month for me as a collector! ;D

Lynx

If they release a Pinacosaurus or Utahraptor I won't even know what to say
An oversized house cat.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.