News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna 2022/23 Hopes and Dreams

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 05, 2022, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 01, 2022, 05:30:32 PMIf they're going to be making one from the specific gravity study, Gargoyleosaurus would get my vote. There are several good Edmontosaurus figures already.
not Annectens
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

Isn't the one in the Eofauna artwork regalis?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on November 01, 2022, 07:50:41 PMIsn't the one in the Eofauna artwork regalis?
It has the crest but it's rex-sized so I assume annectens

Sim

Size doesn't seem to be an indicator of which species is represented since the two Edmontosaurus species appear to be about the same size?:

(Image source)

Isn't the way to tell them apart the length of the head?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on November 01, 2022, 08:46:18 PMSize doesn't seem to be an indicator of which species is represented since the two Edmontosaurus species appear to be about the same size?:

(Image source)

Isn't the way to tell them apart the length of the head?
Wherd you get that goofy size chart

Sim

From the Edmontosaurus Wikipedia page.  It's made by forum member D @Dinoguy2.

Halichoeres

Regardless of the species of Edmontosaurus, hadrosaurs generally have much better representation as figures than ankylosaurs do, so I'd still favor Gargoyleosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 03, 2022, 09:58:45 PMRegardless of the species of Edmontosaurus, hadrosaurs generally have much better representation as figures than ankylosaurs do, so I'd still favor Gargoyleosaurus.
I'll take either. Despite there being so many Edmontosaurus figures I don't own one yet since none of them made the cut for me. I like the Collecta Deluxe one best but if I'm gonna pick that up in the future I will have to repaint it for sure.

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim E.regalis is the species that was found with the fleshy crest, so unless an artist depicts E.annectens with one too in a speculative way (like Ancestors did) then you could tell them apart by that.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I too would prefer a Gargoyleosaurus. Afaik the only version that's ever been produced is that resin kit by Dan's Dinosaurs which is now discontinued. It's a nodosaurid with good remains and comes from the Morrison Formation. It would be a good choice in my book. The CollectA and Ancestors Edmontosaurus are pretty good and they incorporate the hooves. The Safari is good too, though more outdated now. As to hadrosaurs getting made more often than ankylosaurs, perhaps part of why is their tricky anatomy. Ankylosaurs are a pain to draw, so sculpting them must be even more difficult!

Sim

I didn't say the crest could be used to tell the two species of Edmontosaurus apart as sometimes E. annectens is restored with it too.

Halichoeres

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on November 04, 2022, 01:06:05 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I too would prefer a Gargoyleosaurus. Afaik the only version that's ever been produced is that resin kit by Dan's Dinosaurs which is now discontinued. It's a nodosaurid with good remains and comes from the Morrison Formation. It would be a good choice in my book. The CollectA and Ancestors Edmontosaurus are pretty good and they incorporate the hooves. The Safari is good too, though more outdated now. As to hadrosaurs getting made more often than ankylosaurs, perhaps part of why is their tricky anatomy. Ankylosaurs are a pain to draw, so sculpting them must be even more difficult!

Absolutely, ankylosaurs are notoriously difficult to reconstruct, but EoFauna does seem like the kind of group willing to undertake the challenge.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on October 28, 2022, 11:50:11 AMK @Kaustav Bhattacharyya Eofauna posted that questionnaire on April 2019, so I would say everyone who wanted to fill it have done it already. Never too late though, I asked them earlier this year if they consider the ideas they reveive and told me yes, that they're paying attention.

When it comes to what I'd like to see, as long as it's a species with good fossil remains, I could be interested.

Though Iguanodon is probably at the top of my list now.

Found this group while looking for an Eofauna wishlist. Not sure if it's still alive or still applicable for 2023 but I must say an Iguanodon is close to top of the list for me too (the other being Kentrosaurus). PNSO's doesn't really do it for me, with the skull reconstruction.

Haolonggood may also do these species down the line (and boy are their herbivores just * chef's kiss *, but as I've yet to own a figure from renowned Eofauna, I think a highly accurate Iguanodon or Kentrosaurus would be awesome.

Sim

avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus, the 2018 CollectA Iguanodon and Safari 2016 Iguanodon are excellent, have you considered them?

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on July 23, 2023, 01:32:50 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus, the 2018 CollectA Iguanodon and Safari 2016 Iguanodon are excellent, have you considered them?

I have indeed, thank you! But I'm looking for something in the style of Eofauna/PNSO/Haolonggood, especially with paint jobs and level of realism (which is very subjective, I know). So if Harvey from PNSO had a less controversial skull, I would indeed have gotten him (:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.