News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Godzilla Thread

Started by Takama, August 02, 2012, 12:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I don't know why the final battle was so dark, we already had saw Godzilla and the mutos in daylight before. It's not like they were trying to make any big reveal at the end.

Takama

tyrantqueen

It shouldn't be a dinosaur in the first place, anyway.

spinosaurus1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwORVbNN-s

the shots and camera angles are just amazing. it really creates a sense of awe and i'm enjoying every second of it

Derek.McManus

Sounds like a proper old fashioned monster destroys city romp, looking forward to seeing this movie.

Takama

Ok Want to see his first form in action?

Thats not some other monster he fights. Thats Godzilla himself, and man thats the freakiest version i ever saw of him.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those fish eyes are just..so weird!

it wasn't a bad film, main battle was awesome..but thanks to all the board room meetings and governmental stuff  I know way too much about how the Japanese political system works.  Think of it as a dino documentary with one cool cgi scene, a couple clips of actual fossil digs and the rest is all about the museum paperwork and meetings it takes to handle all that. lol

Derek.McManus

Looking forward to seeing this movie, I understand it harks back to the original in the force of nature aspect and showcases Japanese political feelings about their place on the world stage and American influence.

ProSauropod

Saw it last weekend; definitely worth it !  While there are swipes at the US and most of the world community (in the direction of Japan asserting itself as an independent actor) the real vitriol is reserved for the "old-man bureaucracy" (look how the official titles of gov. people keep growing longer and longer as the movie progresses - so subtle)  :)   Godzilla is absolutely an impartial force of nature here; and the A-bomb reference shares equal or less time with analogy to the Fukushima incident and official government bungling / inefficiency.  The disasters of a new generation I suppose.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.