You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Is terra by Battat still making non electronic models

Started by Brocc21, October 02, 2018, 10:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

Well are they? I know around the release of Mattel's jwfk figures they made some electronic models. But are they still making the non electronic figures. The original line was wonderful and now that I can by them at target with fancy new paints is great. Not to mention there cheap. So are they just taking a break? Because I know they have a gigantoraptor and Gastonia but as far as I know they haven't been released.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Minmiminime

I don't know for sure, but I'm increasingly pessimistic about the future of this line :'( They're increasingly going out of stock at ED and I've been watching them for weeks because I'd love a Pachyrhinosaurus; unfortunately there has been no replenishment of stocks and I'm now doubtful any of the previewed models will ever see the light of day
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Cretaceous Crab

Faelrin

I've seen lots of the older non electronic ones today at a Target (the Tyrannosaurus, Pachyhrinosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Stegosaurus to be precise).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

To me the only figure of Battat of the nineties that I lack of all that I have in my collection (in its different versions) is the mini tyrannosaurus of Battat and unfortunately the few that remain are sold at stratospheric prices. I am honestly very discouraged that this line of toy products has abandoned the philosophy of Dans Lorruso and I can be happy to have almost all the figures of Battat except the mini tyrannosaurus rex Battat mentioned. And unfortunately there are fewer and fewer figures of Battat, especially of this dinosaur.  :'(  :(  :-\

Brocc21

I know that there available at target. I finally picked mine up last month after holding off for a while. But will we rescive any new sculpts was what I'm wondering.

Takama

ITs been Three Years since Dan Lorusso Past away, and it seems along with it, was the hope of seeing any of the New Sculpts he created for the line, and the Re Releases of the rest of the originals from the 90s.

ITs been Said that Battats Distributer does not really care about them

Quote from: DC on February 27, 2018, 01:56:42 AM
Battat's main distributor in the US is ToySmith and they have shown no interest in the Terra line. If they did I bet we would see the remainder of the new sculpts. We should all email them.

But Keep in mind Emailing has done nothing for the future of the line as all we get is a Copy and Paste Repsonse. 

As of now, I consider the 12 figures that were Released to be the Entire Collection.

Brocc21

What a shame. They really are great models. But we will always have the originals.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.