News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna - new for 2019

Started by Dan, October 14, 2018, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Eofauna will make a triceratops (I am convinced that it will be that ceraptoside) of honor registration, and I hope that it makes every known ceraptoside, at least that it is on par with Eofauna in number of figures and quality to David Silva's BoTM, varying the style. I am looking forward to seeing your ceraptoside collection.

SidB

I'd sure like these predictions to bear fruit and come true..

Loon

My prehistoric mammal dealer (CollectA) skimped out on me this year and I need my fix. Hopefully, Eofauna can fill that gaping, Paraceratherium-shaped hole in my soul.

suspsy

I'd prefer Eotriceratops over Triceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on January 08, 2020, 02:21:05 AM
My prehistoric mammal dealer (CollectA) skimped out on me this year and I need my fix. Hopefully, Eofauna can fill that gaping, Paraceratherium-shaped hole in my soul.

We need a paraceratherium. I agree with your thinking.

Duna

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Duna on January 08, 2020, 02:43:25 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 08, 2020, 07:53:56 AM
We need a paraceratherium. I agree with your thinking.
+100000  ;)

+1 000 000!  That would definitely being going straight on my wishlist!  :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Faelrin

Honestly I'd love to see Eofauna pull one of those off. I think we're long overdue for an up to date one anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: mpchi on January 07, 2020, 10:42:24 PM

I seriously hope they do a figure of that Carnotaurus, I imagine they'd do a pretty definitive take for me.

Duna

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 11, 2020, 07:38:57 PM
I seriously hope they do a figure of that Carnotaurus, I imagine they'd do a pretty definitive take for me.
I love their look of their grey Velociraptor in the drawing of Velociraptor vs Protoceratops.

SidB

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 15, 2019, 01:02:55 AM
Can we make eofauna spinosaurus the next Papo Giga?
Very good thing that the next Eofauna dinosaur for last year (which turned out to be an Atlasaurus rather than a Spinosaurus) ended up NOT being the next Papo Giga. We know how the Papo's going to look,

Ravonium

Yeah, now that we have a Papo Giganotosaurus, neither of these replies aged well...

Quote from: Loon on January 15, 2019, 01:06:37 AM
Quote from: Brocc21 on January 15, 2019, 01:02:55 AM
Can we make eofauna spinosaurus the next Papo Giga?
[HOT TAKE]: Well, the Eofauna figure would at least not look generic

SidB

2020 looks real thin for Eofauna - just one late release 

mgaguilar

Quote from: SidB on May 11, 2020, 02:38:48 PM

What was announced? Am I missing something?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: mgaguilar on May 11, 2020, 07:56:00 PM

What was announced? Am I missing something?

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar Eofauna has announced that this year this year they will make only one figure since they are focused on other projects. Coming in post 52 of Top 10 Best Prehistoric Animal Models, what Rebor has announced does not specify figure:

We are so glad for this! This even encourages us, even more, to continue doing our best.

We would like to notify, however, that in this year we are involved deeply in other projects concerning to research and books (among other situations we all know), so we would be able to release only one figure at the end of this year. But, we will release more figures in the next years.

Best!

Eofauna

And the link:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8275.60

Concavenator

That's fine. It's not about quantity, but quality. Look at CollectA, for example. On their older days they would release lots of new figures, but they were not so good as figures individually. But look at them now. They might not release as many new figures per year as they used to do, but the quality of their figures have drastically improved, and they're now one of the best. You may like or dislike their colour schemes, but they are really well done figures, and that's what really matters.

Eofauna's releases may be scarce, but every single new figure they release is an absolute masterpiece. I'm an extremely slow collector anyways, so I'm not bothered by this news. I have the Giganotosaurus and the Atlasaurus and they're something else. Certainly looking forward to their future releases!  ^-^

SidB

Yes, our focus certainly needs to be on quality, even if it has to be at the expense of sheer quantity. There's so much on the market theses days, it's a good time for deliberate collectors to be doing a bit of catch-up, perhaps keying in on some of the better material that got by-passed because of cost, or simply because so many figures have become available over the last few years, far more than many of us have had the resources to acquire as they were released. Absolutely, Eofauna is top end stuff at a very reasonable price point, the epitome of quality, though I've noticed that prices on eBay have being moving into the silly zone recently. I'll look forward to their solo release in the bottom half of 2020.

Shonisaurus

I honestly prefer quality to quantity, there is a saying that "it is worth little and well that much and bad" sincerely what Eofauna does, that all toy dinosaur brands should also do. I prefer two or three figures of each brand per year and that are one hundred percent outstanding than many prehistoric animal figures in which some are passable and others are moderately well but do not have the same level of genius and detail as the brand figures Eofauna.

I would also like to emphasize one more thing in favor of the Eofauna figures that their super-affordable price makes them much more attractive than the figures of other collectible and toy dinosaur brands and the most important thing is that the level of detail of their giganotosaurus, atlasaurus and deinotherium exceed all expectations of these figures in the collecting market.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Do you have any information whether we are ready to get another theropod from Eofauna this year? I hope it should now contain lips rather than the lip-less giga  and be the final word model version of it.

John

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on May 13, 2020, 06:47:15 PM
Do you have any information whether we are ready to get another theropod from Eofauna this year?
They have not said if the figure will even be a dinosaur or not.We will all see what it is eventually.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: