News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Compsognathus longipes: "Sentry" and "Bad Company"

Started by joossa, December 31, 2015, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I wonder how big the Dienonychus Models will be compared to this.

hao_bao

Hi all, I collect Papo dinosaurs because accuracies aside, they offer the best level of detail at the most affordable prices. However, I'm tired of waiting for them to release a compy and I'm thinking of branching out into Rebor. Can anyone offer me a size comparison for their compies against the Papo models? They don't have  to be too accurate, just smaller than Papo's smallest. Thanks.

stargatedalek

It's slightly taller and longer than the Papo Archaeopteryx, about the same space taken up (but less bulky) as the Parasaurolophus.

hao_bao

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 27, 2017, 03:46:18 PM
It's slightly taller and longer than the Papo Archaeopteryx, about the same space taken up (but less bulky) as the Parasaurolophus.

Okay thanks, that's useful. As much as I love the models, I think they'll be a little too big. Ideally I want them smaller than the Oviraptors.

Reptilia

I have always been a bit hesitant to buy the Rebor Compsognathus. It's a very nice sculpt and perfectly fitting for a Jurassic Park collection, but at the same time it gives me the impression of an unstable and fragile figure.

Halichoeres

Mine actually stands very well with its tail off the ground, which surprised me given how much trouble they had with their Ceratosaurus and Utahraptor had.

@OP, it scales well with their Archaeopteryx, but it isn't very much smaller than their Oviraptor in terms of overall length, but much lighter.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I sincerely recommend the compsognathus. Mine (since I have five) are perfectly standing.  :)

The dinosaurs that I might not recommend from my own experience are the Cerberus clan, that is to say, the deinonychus since they suffer from stability problems and what is worse, their arms frequently fall. They are very small figures and very far from the velociraptor scale.

DinoToyForum

gnetum2015

In addition to Syndicate Bias:

The  comparyson of Rebor and Papo Compi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYrOI0ilmf4

Papos Figure is one more time the more lifelike animal.