News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Compsognathus longipes: "Sentry" and "Bad Company"

Started by joossa, December 31, 2015, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Compsognathus longipes: "Sentry" and "Bad Company"
Jaw is articulated. Model is about 17cm long. Model looks to have a tripod stance, using the end of the tail to be able to stand.
Available as:
"Sentry": Single Compsognathus with dragonfly accessory (Protolindenia sp.) which can be mounted on a rod that connects to small earthen base.
"Bad Company": Pack of 4 Compsognathus for army building. This will be offered at factory price in limited quantities to sellers to give buyers an overall lower price per model in this bundled pack. Once the limited 4-pack is sold out, only the single packs ("Sentry") will be restocked/resupplied.
Scale: 1/6
Tease Image Release Date: 12/31/15
Black and White Image Release Date: 02/23/16
Color Image Release Date: 04/13/16
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: Late May, 2016

Comes with a Base: "Sentry" only. Small earthen base that holds up the rod for the dragonfly.
Accessories/Extras: "Sentry" only. Dragonfly (Protolindenia sp.) which is mountable on a rod which connects to small earthen base.

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Compsognathus model. Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and other social media sites.

Quotes:

12/31/15:
QuoteTease of the next REBOR 1:6 scale replica, what is it?

02/23/16:
QuoteAlways pack some extra goodies!

02/25/16:
QuoteRebor: [Regarding a FB discussion of inaccurate JP-esque models, scientific accuracy, etc.]: And we don't get it, why baby Trik and baby Stago get all the complains? We totally understand if these comments happen to Comy because we are ready for that one. But dear God why baby Trik and baby Stago??

FB User 1:  REBOR why the Compy is JP inspired I'll never know, but why not one with feathering. You gave Yutyrannus and Utahraptor feathers, why not Compy as all belong to the coelurosaurids, the group closely related to birds

Rebor: We have to satisfy both groups buddy ;)

FB User 2: Then why say that? [Referring to Rebor's response above.]

Rebor: Because we are jerks! XD No actually because we have future plans for collectors who prefer scientific accurate dinosaurs :) We do care about both groups, we just don't like being forced by anyone.
See?

FB User 3: Rebor I was very disapointed in you for past incedents on a certain forum i frequent. However your Compy got me interested in you products because its one species that very few company's have ever considered. I was about to give you a chance when i saw your Silhouette picture which looked as if there were some feathers on it if you looked good enough. But then I saw the Black and white picture, and slapped myself in the face. not because it was unfeatherd, but because it seems like you barely did any research for the model at all.

Rebor: Also buddy we grew up in the 80s and 90s and there are many like us, please allow us to have some retro fun once in a while
;)

04/13/16:
QuoteFB User: What size are these?
Rebor: They are in 1:6 scale, around 17cm :)

05/06/16:
QuoteFB User: Nice work! btw seeing this made me curious to know if prehistoric animals in the tertiary period would be considered made in the far future?
Rebor: we shall see :)

05/12/16:
QuoteFB User: I assume these are coming out real soon? They look great!
Rebor: End of the month, about the same price as Melon/Hazelnut, and there will be special deals for army builders ;)

05/24/16:
QuoteGo get that Protolindenia!

QuoteNow you have Sentry and Bad Company, time to build your own Compy army!

Some people might ask: is the 4 pack version a cash grab? Nope! On the contrary it's our gift to all fans and collectors because we know that everybody wants a bunch of these feisty little biters! We are also collectors just like you and we know exactly how it feels when you are trying to build an army of 3.75" First Order Stormtroopers however even Tesco lists them for 10.99 Pounds each...so check this out: we will supply the 4 pack version to our sellers at FACTORY PRICE! It's a very bold decision and sounds crazy enough however it's the only way we can think of to save you guys some money, after all we collectors need to take care of each other don't we ;)

Now please note that it's a one time thing as the 4 pack version will only be available in limited quantities, once gone Sentry will be the standard/only version of REBOR 1:6 scale Compsognathus longipes replica, so army builders out there try to grab them while you still can!

Tease Image: 12/31/15:

Black and White Image: 02/23/16:

Color Image: 04/13/16:

Color Image of the Prey Dragonfly: 05/06/16:

Additional Color Image: 05/12/16:

Packaging Image: 05/20/16:

Official Color Image of "Sentry" and Dragonfly Accessory: 05/24/16:

Official Color Image of "Bad Company": 05/24/16:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Hmm...from this picture, it looks like it have an articulation on feet and hand hehe

DinoLord

Looks like another JP copy. If the color is canon-accurate maybe I'll pick one up for my JP collection.  >:D

earth108

Quote from: Arul on January 01, 2016, 02:16:04 AM
Hmm...from this picture, it looks like it have an articulation on feet and hand hehe

That's seems like articulations to me too. Guessing from the outline, I'm wondering if it might have feather cover the whole body? ???

Viking Spawn

I'm was surprised when they announced this one.  Curious to see if this will be JP influenced like it appears to be.

But where's King Trident and their Allosaurus?

stargatedalek

At first I thought it was articulated too, but I think it's an illusion caused by the very thing arms being one in front of the other.

Dobber

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 01, 2016, 07:58:46 AM
At first I thought it was articulated too, but I think it's an illusion caused by the very thing arms being one in front of the other.

This.  It is not articulated it is just the other elbow giving he illusion of a joint.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dinoguy2

Looks like a JP "compy".

A real Compsognsthus would have a shorter neck, smaller head, much shorter arms, and a much longer tail. But it matches the JP model pretty well. I don't know why they bothered to feather it. It won't please fans of accurate models and it won't please JP fans who would be likely to buy a movie accurate figure.

Just realized the big head, long arms, tiny torso and short tail might make this a good 1:1 scale speculative baby Compsognsthus!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Halichoeres

Looks like it also has two fingers like the JP Compy. Bummer. If I squint I can also see hints of feathers. Maybe it's not a Compy at all, but a juvenile Y-rex!  >:D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

If it is indeed feathered, and they're going for a JP/real life hybrid, then it's even worse. Just stick to one or the other. I understand that they're trying to please fans of both camps, but it will just leave both unsatisfied. Hardcore JP fans generally don't want feathers on their dinosaurs, and realism orientated collectors don't want JP in their toys either.

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 01, 2016, 06:10:36 PM
If it is indeed feathered, and they're going for a JP/real life hybrid, then it's even worse. Just stick to one or the other. I understand that they're trying to please fans of both camps, but it will just leave both unsatisfied.

This exactly. That "halfway" aesthetic they keep aiming for has, in my opinion, not worked out well at all.

Albertosaurus

I don´t get people complaining about the lack of feathers and so on...stop thinking about this as a real dinosaur reconstruction. It is a figure based on a movie monster, the compy from the lost world...that is all!!

joossa

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 01, 2016, 07:01:56 AM

I hear ya, man. I can't wait for their Allo, Stegosaurus, Trike, and Carnotaurus.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: joossa on January 01, 2016, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 01, 2016, 07:01:56 AM

I hear ya, man. I can't wait for their Allo, Stegosaurus, Trike, and Carnotaurus.

That would be a must have for me too!  A Reborized Stego is going to be awesome!!!

Takama

Quote from: Albertosaurus on January 01, 2016, 08:16:55 PM
I don´t get people complaining about the lack of feathers and so on...stop thinking about this as a real dinosaur reconstruction. It is a figure based on a movie monster, the compy from the lost world...that is all!!

Keep in mind that this is a companey who claims there models are museum accurate models.     A lot of us have a problem with that.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Takama on January 02, 2016, 01:05:55 AM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on January 01, 2016, 08:16:55 PM

Keep in mind that this is a companey who claims there models are museum accurate models.     A lot of us have a problem with that.
A claim that they no longer make.  Nor do I feel they ever did.  They say "museum class".  Class =/= accurate.  But let's not open that can of worms again!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

PaleoMatt

Once again a huge oppurtunity missed by Rebor, and I probably wont pick one up because how they claim they're accurate but lets face it MOST of they're models aren't. If you've got sculpting skills atleast try and make it accurate.

tanystropheus

Quote from: TE Matt on January 02, 2016, 05:45:46 PM
Once again a huge oppurtunity missed by Rebor, and I probably wont pick one up because how they claim they're accurate but lets face it MOST of they're models aren't.

It's too early to say anything based on a silhouette, unless you are attempting to maintain a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 02, 2016, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: TE Matt on January 02, 2016, 05:45:46 PM
Once again a huge oppurtunity missed by Rebor, and I probably wont pick one up because how they claim they're accurate but lets face it MOST of they're models aren't.

It's too early to say anything based on a silhouette, unless you are attempting to maintain a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
Good point, but it painfully looks like a JP Compy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: