News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Night Maw, September 30, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Toasaurus on September 22, 2019, 09:02:35 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 22, 2019, 08:31:36 PM
Quote from: Toasaurus on September 22, 2019, 08:02:42 PM
Any updates reguarding the 2020 line or is it cancelled

Why on Earth would it be cancelled?
just because of the trade war  it's worrying me that we might not get anything next year

I would not be surprised if the next year there is no production of dinosaur novelties. The Commercial War is contracting the economy globally, it is said that there will be another new recession unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.  :-\

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 22, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
just because of the trade war  it's worrying me that we might not get anything next year

I would not be surprised if the next year there is no production of dinosaur novelties.

I doubt it's going to be that catastrophic. AFAIK, what Safari's announced is that there's going to be a price increase - the first in 2 years - due to changes in manufacturing, and that this is due to the trade war. While I don't think this'll kill the lineup or the company, a price increase without increased quality is never a good thing for consumers (and in this case, not necessarily for the company either, as their profit margin isn't likely to change), and I think it is guaranteed there'll be a reduction in the number of new releases.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on September 22, 2019, 09:49:09 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 22, 2019, 09:39:28 PM

I would not be surprised if the next year there is no production of dinosaur novelties.

I doubt it's going to be that catastrophic. AFAIK, what Safari's announced is that there's going to be a price increase - the first in 2 years - due to changes in manufacturing, and that this is due to the trade war. While I don't think this'll kill the lineup or the company, a price increase without increased quality is never a good thing for consumers (and in this case, not necessarily for the company either, as their profit margin isn't likely to change), and I think it is guaranteed there'll be a reduction in the number of new releases.

I guess my expected Safari paraceratherium will have to wait. Safari dinosaurs will be medium / large or medium / small at most. Maybe I am being too defeatist or catastrophic.

ZoPteryx

Keep in mind whatever releases they had planned for 2020 have probably already been in development for the past year.  I'm pretty sure the tariffs effecting their type of products have only been in place for a few months.  Therefore, I don't think it's likely they'll reduce the number of releases, but they might be waiting hoping the tariffs are lifted or they're waiting until they can ship more at once.

I've also noticed on their site they've been having a lot of sales lately.  Too much overstock perhaps?

Concavenator

I don't think we'll be getting a year with no dinosaurs.Even if the tariffs have increased, their prehistoric line is one of their most iconic lines, so saying there will be a year with no dinosaur figures is like saying there will be a year in which they don't release any new animal figure.

And bearing in mind that Safari sells (mostly) animal (prehistoric or extant) figures, that would make little to no sense.

I could see them reducing the number of releases, though.

Jorge Mario

because safari ltd has not shown its new toys for 2020

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

If you haven't heard....

THEY'RE HERE!!!

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8201.0

I can't believe they all got revealed at once!

Halichoeres

Well, I went 2 for 11 on predictions. 3 for 11 if you consider Pachycephalosaurus as equivalent to Stygimoloch. Don't take me to Vegas.

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 30, 2019, 04:12:21 PM
While this isn't my wish list (which would have a lot of fishes and a lot of Paleozoic and Triassic animals), these are my predictions:

a therizinosaur, maybe Alxasaurus or Erlikosaurus
Gallimimus
Stygimoloch
Corythosaurus
Plateosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Paraceratherium
Estemmenosuchus
Mosasaurus
Ichthyosaurus
Pterodactylus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

In the end I wasn't able to post part 3 of 3 of what I'd like to see from Safari for 2020.  I'm happy that one of the species I wanted got made though: Deinonychus!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.