News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kapitaenosavrvs' Repaints.

Started by Kapitaenosavrvs, January 09, 2020, 03:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It has been fantastic! It is good that the repainting of Collecta spinosaurus figures is based on Papo's limited edition spinosaurus. I congratulate you on your awesome art.

Killekor

Your diorama is turning out spectacular avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs ! I love how the color scheme of the Papo Spinosaurus (masterfully applied) suits on the CollectA swimming one, and I'm hallucinated by the realism of the base! The Lungfish is really nice, though. Did you sculpted it, or you customized an existing figure?
Congratulations! I think that you're making a wonderful diorama! I'm looking forward to see the finished one.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Eocarcharia

I love your diorama base! I'll have to try something like that for myself.

Halichoeres

Very nice work! I'm particularly partial to your scratch-built lungfish :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs
The papo rex is amazing, but the color scheme does not seem likely, but its still bold and awsome
The collecta rex is even better(because the paint scheme fits because of the feathers). But for some reason, it has a Croods vibe
All your spinosaurs are just amazing  and awsome.
i say do a giganotosaurus

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. I really appreciate that. And motivates me, to go on with this.

Yes, both Rex were to try out Repainting and the CollectA Rex will get a Re-Repaint, because i gathered Materials for a similar sized Baseplate/Diorama.
I learned alot with the first one.
Today i worked a bit on the Lungfish, got the Spino a little touch up and tried to create more underwater Plants. I had black Wire, but for some reason, i painted it white and then greenish. A totally stupid idead. Light and Shadow work not in this way, haha.

It feels not finished, because of the new Plants and i dont know if i like it, when you can see the green wires. But i just call it quit and get to another one, to make new expieriences. The Lungfish is different from both sides, so if i like it, i can just turn it around on the Wire. Same with the Spino, it is rotateable.

Here are some Pics i made 10 Minutes ago.

Fenestra

That looks really good. Well done!
The green wires are not distracting at all. They fit right in with plants IMO.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs The Collecta spinosaurus diorama painted in the style of Papo spinosaurus limited version of 2019 has left you fabulous. Your diroama especially of the spinosaurus suspended in the air has been perfect for you. Magnificent diorama admire your ability to perform that diorama and your artistic skills.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks Again, for the nice Words!

Yesterday i tried to work a bit with China-Essien. The real Essien is way too expensive to Try Stuff. But it gives me the Idea how it would look. (I Am sorry to have that Fake, and i know how bad it is to buy these.)

I love the PNSO Spinosaurus, but the Sail and the Hands... These Hands... You know what i mean. So i took my Tryout "Essien" resculpted the Claws and got rid of most of these Spikes/Osteoderms on the Sail. Moreover i reshaped the Front a bit and added a bit on the Back.

Its not perfect, but i like it way more, than it is originally. I really don't know what happend to these Claws. Mine are far from perfect, but thats what i could do, without sculpting completely new Arms.

I will paint it today.

KeU

Wow. The new arms are a massive improvement.
You are really brave to start on the Essien.

Love how you have the same color scheme on the same species across various figures.
Great consistency.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs The resculpting of the PNSO spinosaurus has been very good for you, now it stands perfectly upright. I wish my PNSO spinosaurus would stand as well as the one you have re-sculpted and given it a new look.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks again for the words :)

I a really slow at the Moment with everything, so theres not that much Progress on the Spino. Need to do the Details and Painting.
But here is a Pic of the Progress, if you're interested.

SidB

Yes, I'm following your progress with  this figure attentively. Keep up the good work, even if progress seems slow.I agree that this sort of surgery would have been prohibitive on the original Essian, but this "knock-off" for $15.00 or so allows experimentation. It is a very high quality figure and a worthwhile candidate for your project.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 09, 2020, 12:01:45 PM
Thanks again for the words :)

I a really slow at the Moment with everything, so theres not that much Progress on the Spino. Need to do the Details and Painting.
But here is a Pic of the Progress, if you're interested.

Almost as good as the papo ltd one

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 09, 2020, 03:36:52 PM
So. First of: Yes, this is a 1,75€ Fake Papo Rex from Amazon. I found it by accident and was curious. The Arms are in a better Position and i was repositioning him/her? The Animal. You all know the Papo, so i guess its easy to see, what i have done. I used this very Cheap Figure to try out Repainting, before i try it on a more expensive one.

I used Acrylic Paint and Brushes. The Design is a bit like the one i used in my Painting of the two Yutys.

I was going for a Birdlike Colouring. I'm interested on your Opinions on that. I will try to Repaint other Figures in the Future. This is the Second one. First one was a Carnotaurus. (Also a Fake of Rebor, I ordered together with the Rex and an Acro. But these were just to try out Repainting. I'm not that rich.)

this figure is positioned like its eating a sandwich and looking at someone who just said something stupid

Kapitaenosavrvs

oof, seeing that first Repaint attemt. :D

He somehow ended up like something less, um Bodyheavy...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.