News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

avatar_Faras @Faras thanks for sharing the photos, that Deinocherius is beautiful!
It looks fantastic with the other pnso figures as well which is also great!

Renecito

Thanks for the review.

I love that Deinocheirus (along with the CollectA one), I hope they keep releasing my favorite Dinosaurs, first was the Suchomimus (kind of :P) now this Deinocheirus, let's hope for number 3 and 5 from my signature to be the following.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Halichoeres

Yeah, that's a winner.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mellow Stego

Ordered mine from Dans Dinosaurs. Just couldn't resist.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Joel1905

Quote from: Faras on September 30, 2022, 02:03:08 PMPNSO Deinocheirus

Sale started earlier than expected :D  Grouping it with other herbivores as space is become sparse in Theropods shelf...

Oh it looks fantastic! We know that PNSO are capable of doing wonderful feathering with their Yutyrannus, but this takes it to the next level! It looks like you could rub your finger across it and ruffle that shaggy coat! The paintwork is utterly beautiful, and its nice and chonky! I can't wait to get mine!

Here's hoping for a Therizinosaurus & Saurolophus to fill out the Nemegt fauna!

postsaurischian

J @Joel1905: Forum rule #8 - Avoid quoting entire posts if they are long and/or contain many images.

edit: Thank you!

terrorchicken

ah its so preeetty! But I have the Collecta and I think its really good too, one of Collecta's best I think (I personally dont like most of Collecta's dinosaurs.)And the Safari one is nice too (though I dont have that one.) Deinocheirus seems to be one dino that many companies seem to get right.

Concavenator

avatar_Faras @Faras again, thank you for your beautiful pics.

Personally, I wish it didn't have a bald face and (pretty much so) neck, though I'm also liking this design a lot. And the execution is really nice, PNSO have certainly improved a lot both in sculpt and paint-app quality.

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken it also helps it was CollectA, Safari and PNSO who made it.  ;) If it was Schleich who was to release a Deinocheirus, unless it was Vlad Konstantinov who sculpted it, I'm not so sure it would be anything remarkable. It's also important these figures are from recent-ish years, companies generally improve with time.

terrorchicken

true, forgot about Schleich!  :))  I hope PNSO releasing a deinocheirus means we'll start to see more variety in theropods. Id like to see some dromaeosaurids or ornithomimids from them.

dragon53

SidB

Maybe this was posted elsewhere, but ED has stated on their blog that the Deinocheirus will be PNSO's final figure release of 2022.

Prehistory Resurrection

Duna

That's an incredible figure in hands, too!  :)

Faelrin

S @SidB Thanks for sharing that. That's good to know. Gives me time to focus on catching up without worrying about something else joining the ever growing pile.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: SidB on October 11, 2022, 01:41:37 PMMaybe this was posted elsewhere, but ED has stated on their blog that the Deinocheirus will be PNSO's final figure release of 2022.
Good. A really good figure to end off on this year's PNSO releases.

Just giving everyone a heads up if you're trying to catch up, like myself, November is a big sale month for PNSO figures if you're willing to wait that long. Aliexpress has this sale in November, that if I remember correctly, last about a week or so.

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on October 11, 2022, 04:12:53 PMdata-adi-id="18
[quote author=Faelrin link=msg=329738 date=1665501173" @
S @SidB Thanks for sharing that. That's good to know. Gives me time to focus on catching up without worrying about something else joining the ever growing pile.
[quote author=Faelrin link=msg=329738 date=1665501173=adi-id}
69]SidB[/member] Thanks for sharing that.
[/quote]
Yes, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , I think that most of us could use the time to catch up and to "digest" what we've already purchased.

Carnoking

It's weird to think that 10 new figures and a repaint makes it feel like a slow year but it's certainly a smaller spread by PNSO standards. I can certainly live with it though, gives us all a chance to catch up and more time to properly appreciate all the work they've done before being bludgeoned with more.

Concavenator

S @SidB as others said, thank you for sharing.

Looks like PNSO's releasing rate is normalizing, and that's a good thing in my book. Sure, this year they've released the lowest number of figures in the last few years, but quality-wise it's been their best year yet. Coincidence? Maybe not... I hope they keep things as they are right now, with lower releases, but with great quality (and if they ommit eventual oddities, like the "Nanotyrannus" or the "Sinopliosaurus", even better).

Another positive consequence of them releasing fewer figures is that it lends to a slowed down paint-app quality downgrade in older figures, which surely is welcome for many people.

Mellow Stego

So I took my new Deinocheirus outside for pics when it accidentally tipped over onto it's nose.
No biggie I thought, happens all the time.

Then I saw the nose! 

:'(  :'(

Take caution when handling this figure. The paint seem thinner than other PNSO figures.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Faelrin

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego Thanks for the heads up, but that's very unfortunate. I'm sorry for you.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: