News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

oh I get it now. That's actually very clever!

there was a short time I was actually using packing peanuts (the long squishy ones) to keep some of my medium/smaller sized figures from falling. Yeah it looked awful but hey it worked! :))

Halichoeres

Jointed action figure stands can also be useful for flying and swimming creatures. You can see some examples in my PNSO Helicoprion review: https://dinotoyblog.com/2021/08/28/helicoprion-prehistoric-animal-models-by-pnso/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Andre

The Suchomimus was available on amazon right after it was announced, but still it isn't available at AliExpress.. that is weird..

Blade-of-the-Moon

I ordered it from Lana not sure if it's shipped yet.

Prehistory Resurrection

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection , for posting this review.

Kapitaenosavrvs

His Reviews are always so entertaining and educating. Calm, and well made. They are without loud pictures and screaming. A real Addition to the Figure Review World. It made me like the PNSO Suchomimus way more, because it is a quite good Figure after all. Damn. :D

SidB

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 19, 2022, 09:15:11 PMHis Reviews are always so entertaining and educating. Calm, and well made. They are without loud pictures and screaming. A real Addition to the Figure Review World. It made me like the PNSO Suchomimus way more, because it is a quite good Figure after all. Damn. :D
IMO, definitely the gold standard of Youtube reviewers.

SRF

Suddenly, PNSO is promoting the old Wilson sculpt on Twitter. Wondering why, I went to their AliExpress store where they have indeed re-released the old sculpt which in its latest release is number 25 of the Prehistoric Animals Models line. It now has gotten the same treatment as all the newer figures in that line, with a poster (which looks more like "Winter" Wilson) and booklet. The images of the figure look like the second version of the old Wilson sculpt which was a Museum Line figure. Funny how PNSO is milking that old sculpt though. 
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: SRF on December 21, 2022, 03:22:21 PMSuddenly, PNSO is promoting the old Wilson sculpt on Twitter. Wondering why, I went to their AliExpress store where they have indeed re-released the old sculpt which in its latest release is number 25 of the Prehistoric Animals Models line. It now has gotten the same treatment as all the newer figures in that line, with a poster (which looks more like "Winter" Wilson) and booklet. The images of the figure look like the second version of the old Wilson sculpt which was a Museum Line figure. Funny how PNSO is milking that old sculpt though. 
More than a few people skip over that repaint of the original version, omitting its very existence , and go straight to the non-museum line version, which is a new mold with rather different dimensions, though with a similar appearance. counting it as # 2. Did it actually get its own number by PNSO?

SRF

S @SidB the non-museum line version was already number 25 in the Prehistoric Animal models line, but they have changed the packaging now. I know the dimensions are a little different, but the promo images they use now definitely look more like the second Museum line version.

Faelrin

avatar_SRF @SRF That figure isn't new at all. It was released in 2020, earlier in the year before the "Winter" Wilson figure came out.

S @SidB This particular 2020 T. rex they've done, that's a repaint of the original museum Wilson sculpt (except the "Nanotyrannus" which is just a juvenile T. rex) was the only T. rex in the Prehistoric Animal Models line, maybe other then the re-release of the original vinyl model after their rebirth of sorts. The original 2017 (or 2016?) Wilson (with base) was a museum line model (including the 2019 repaint), the 2020 "Winter" one was, and 2021 Andrea also was. None of those get numbered like the Prehistoric Animal Models do however.

This did a good job sorting them out: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/PNSO_Prehistoric_Animals

There's also avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow 's reference thread with images galore: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9150.0
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

SidB

Quote from: SRF on December 21, 2022, 06:01:38 PMS @SidB the non-museum line version was already number 25 in the Prehistoric Animal models line, but they have changed the packaging now. I know the dimensions are a little different, but the promo images they use now definitely look more like the second Museum line version.
Interesting. Any idea of the cost yet?

SRF

Quote from: SidB on December 21, 2022, 06:53:16 PM
Quote from: SRF on December 21, 2022, 06:01:38 PMS @SidB the non-museum line version was already number 25 in the Prehistoric Animal models line, but they have changed the packaging now. I know the dimensions are a little different, but the promo images they use now definitely look more like the second Museum line version.
Interesting. Any idea of the cost yet?

You can find it here:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIQu0ef

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I know it's not a new release, like I mentioned it was already number 25 in the line in 2020. However, they have redone the box and additional poster/booklet for this one and therefore it's added as a new release by PNSO in their AliExpress store.

SidB

Remko

The Suchomimus is now available in their AliExpress store.

Eatmycar

I'm still impressed by their excellent brown washes. Like the Tarbosaurus, I think this one is a stellar figure based on that alone.

It looks like it has dirt and mud caked in the scales like a living animal. It looks real! That's fucking stellar and that attention to detail for a mass produced product is wild. Granted their later runs tend to look... eh (the Ankylosaurus is a great example we all know of their paint jobs getting worse over time), the first run of this figure looks gorgeous.

A very welcome change before they unleash another barrage of brown and yellow striped dinosaurs in the same poses as usual.

dragon53

SidB

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: