News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I've definitely been seeing a lot of sales dedicated to the "Biobuddi" toys moreso than their standard replicas; but then, there are a lot of figures still out of stock on the site. I assume Safari is just making the best of a bad situation and working to tide things over while they await new stock and are ready to announce more releases.

Shane

Biobuddi is being heavily discounted as Safari is no longer distributing the line, so is trying to move inventory.

Supply chain issues are indeed creating inventory shortages. But containers are arriving every week.

In the meantime, yes, companies still need to continue making money if they wish to stay in business.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Shane on March 18, 2022, 12:22:36 PM
Biobuddi is being heavily discounted as Safari is no longer distributing the line, so is trying to move inventory

That's a bit if a relief to me since I was starting to think it was the other way around and that it was going to be a heavy focus from no on

SBell

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 18, 2022, 01:39:22 PM
Biobuddi is being heavily discounted as Safari is no longer distributing the line, so is trying to move inventory

That's a bit if a relief to me since I was starting to think it was the other way around and that it was going to be a heavy focus from no on

It's just one line. If you look at their menu, 'figures' is one of twelve different categories

SpartanSquat

Biobuddi is being heavily discounted as Safari is no longer distributing the line, so is trying to move inventory.

Supply chain issues are indeed creating inventory shortages. But containers are arriving every week.

In the meantime, yes, companies still need to continue making money if they wish to stay in business.
So they bought the line to discontinue it?

Shane

Quote from: RolandEden on March 18, 2022, 05:25:15 PM

So they bought the line to discontinue it?

No on both counts.

Safari became the distributor of Biobuddi in North America in 2019, if memory serves me.

And now, after about 2-3 years, that distribution agreement is ending.

SpartanSquat

So it was really fast. No more biobuddies?

Shane

Quote from: RolandEden on March 18, 2022, 08:52:41 PM
So it was really fast. No more biobuddies?

Three years is not all that fast.

And there's still plenty of Biobuddi.

There just isn't going to be any new Biobuddi, distributed exclusively by Safari. But I don't think anyone in this forum is too unhappy about that.

Biobuddi never had any effect on Safari Ltd one way or another as far as new figures are concerned though.

Halichoeres

I don't know exactly what the supply chain is for plastics, but most of it is still petroleum-based, so I can imagine that disruptions in petroleum supplies could also affect production for all kinds of industries on top of everything else. I don't know what the lag time would be on that.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinoxels

Well um...this is from Safari Ltd.  :o
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

Hopefully it won't be long till it's fully revealed!

Thialfi

Looks elongated 👀 Is it a marine reptile or, dare I say, a titanoboa or an arthropleura (chances for both those are about zero but I just want to create hyyyype)?

Flaffy

Quote from: Thialfi on March 25, 2022, 08:57:14 PM
Looks elongated 👀 Is it a marine reptile or, dare I say, a titanoboa or an arthropleura (chances for both those are about zero but I just want to create hyyyype)?

Might just be a box or lineup of multiple figures from various lines.

Just realised that the last reveal was all the way back in February. If Safari has these new figures in their office already, I really hope it means that reveals will be coming soon, and won't be too dragged out.

SBell

Quote from: Thialfi on March 25, 2022, 08:57:14 PM

Maybe it's some kind of sauropod...from Patagonia...that they already announced...back before February :o :))

Flaffy

"Pairing Safari Ltd. sauropods with loom bands is a fun way to sneak in fine motor practice! You can also include pattern making or counting with this activity.

​* Patagotitan is expected to be available in the coming months. Sign up on the individual product page for in stock notifications."

Flaffy

"in the coming months"

Another long wait it seems...

Faelrin

May 2nd specifically. So about a month away. Even if new stuff comes into stock I need to focus on moving out of here next month since my family needs to be out of here come early June, so any birthday orders will need to happen afterwards. I'm hoping there will be something that catches my interest but I won't be holding out for anything in particular.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

You know, I'm not a business person and what's done is done, but I have to say that I'm really not enjoying how these reveals are so spaced out. Personally, I'd have been fine with revealing all the 2022 toys at once, along with approximate release dates. Would've made it a whole lot easier to plan budgeting that way.

But like I said, what's done is done.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on April 06, 2022, 10:06:13 PM
You know, I'm not a business person and what's done is done, but I have to say that I'm really not enjoying how these reveals are so spaced out. Personally, I'd have been fine with revealing all the 2022 toys at once, along with appropriate release dates. Would've made it a whole lot easier to plan budgeting that way.

But like I said, what's done is done.

I have similar sentiments. Likewise, I'm not a fan of how PNSO does their sporadic releases as well. Still not sure if I find the wait for these 2022 releases more painful, or the "guess the silhouette" / "guess the body cropped image" method more painful. ;D

May 2nd can't come soon enough!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: