News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

So yeah, I guess only time will tell! Hopefully Safari ltd's Zuul will hold up in the accuracy department even after the osteoderm papers are published.
If Victoria's happy with it, then I'm happy with it too.

Thialfi

Still so excited by zuul, it looks absolutely fantastic and the colour really pops. Can't wait for it.

In the meantime Safari dropped a hint about the next figure to be announced:

It's partially obscured by the T Rex.

Everybody on the gender spectrum: place your bets!

bmathison1972

Carnoking

Those are definitely therapod feet holding up that tail...

bmathison1972

Quote from: Carnoking on May 04, 2022, 08:56:55 PM
Those are definitely therapod feet holding up that tail...

Ah yes, I see that now. I am never good as guessing partial dinosaurs LOL

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thank you for reaching out to her, and sharing her response here about how it compares with the material, and that any differences seem to be minor. I'm glad to hear there's more papers on the way and it's been fully prepared now, and I'm also curious to see how it will hold up. Quite the wait, but well worth it. I cannot wait to learn more about this fascinating animal, and this figure is like the icing on the cake too, or topping.

As far as that new mystery figure on the way (S @Shane is this one being revealed tomorrow then or later in the week?), I do like how the colors appear. Wonder if it is another Dino Dana tie in too? Agreed with avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking about it seeming to be a theropod, based on the feet, but that's still a lot of different animals it could be. If it is another tyrannosaur then I hope it is Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus. If it is anything else, then I suppose I'll be pleasantly surprised when it is finally revealed in full.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Thialfi on May 04, 2022, 08:47:34 PM
Still so excited by zuul, it looks absolutely fantastic and the colour really pops. Can't wait for it.

In the meantime Safari dropped a hint about the next figure to be announced:

It's partially obscured by the T Rex.

Everybody on the gender spectrum: place your bets!
Either it's an edmonto with weirdly sharp toe claws or a non-dino dana figure, I think.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

GiganotosaurusFan

Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've heard that one is likely Albertosaurus

My initial guess based on a quick halnce of colour and the previous page images was Futalognkosaurus, but since uts a Theropod, Albertosaurus seems most likely.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on May 04, 2022, 09:10:06 PM
avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954
Is that true?
I hope it's a giga...
I think if it is an edmonto, they would have a more accurate sculpt than the dino dana version, like with the Zuul

CARN0TAURUS

And to think you guys were complaining about the new gradual release format ;)

It's been a while since I've seen so much posting over the course of a couple days here...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 04, 2022, 09:11:56 PM
I've heard that one is likely Albertosaurus

My initial guess based on a quick halnce of colour and the previous page images was Futalognkosaurus, but since uts a Theropod, Albertosaurus seems most likely.

That would be awesome!

GojiraGuy1954

Dino Dana's alberto is a way darker blue and those markings don't match

GiganotosaurusFan

Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!
oh plz be a giga
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Pliosaurking

I was personally hoping for a suchomimus although I don't see any sail...

GojiraGuy1954

At the start of the video, what could be a snout and nostril can be seen behind the rex's neck;

GojiraGuy1954

Kinda gives off Prosauropod vibes to me. Though, if that was the case, this would be an original release and not a third Dino Dana figure.

Thialfi

Edmontosaurus seems unlikely as they did a big and beautiful one in 2020.

A prosauropod would be absolutely fantastic! My bet is on a theropod though.

Thialfi

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: