News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

So finally an Albertosaurus from someone ?
Might be a bit small for my taste from Safari though...

Pachyrhinosaurus

The Zuul looks great! I wasn't a fan of the color choice at first, but it's very well-executed. I think a more elaborate color scheme like this would have made the nanotyrannus a lot better. This might be the figure I'm most excited for this year now.

As for tomorrow's reveal-- the colors don't match up with the Dino Dana Albertosaurus, but I think it's a theropod based on what I can see of the hips, feet, and flexibility of the tail. The colors also don't look like anything Safari would normally produce, so I think it'll still be a Dino Dana piece.

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Bread

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on May 04, 2022, 09:27:20 PM
Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!Giga!
oh plz be a giga
You know Safari already has an excellent Giganotosaurus, right?

Those are some vibrant colors on that sneak-peak of the figure. As others have said, the Albertosaurus in the film has a dark colorscheme. Also, has this even been a confirmed figure of a species featured in Dino Dana?

Here is a link to all the species shown in the film: https://dinodan.fandom.com/wiki/Dino_Dana:_Dino_Field_Guide

Concavenator

That definitely looks to be a theropod. Hopefully it will be an Albertosaurus.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 04, 2022, 09:11:56 PM
I've heard that one is likely Albertosaurus

Where did you hear it?

Strepsodus

Possibly Albertosaurus but it wouldn't match the films color scheme.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Thialfi on May 04, 2022, 10:17:35 PM
Edmontosaurus seems unlikely as they did a big and beautiful one in 2020.

A prosauropod would be absolutely fantastic! My bet is on a theropod though.
The edmonto in Dino Dana is Annectens
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SpartanSquat

It could be Futagonkosaurus due the colour schemes

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: RolandEden on May 05, 2022, 02:06:42 AM
It could be Futagonkosaurus due the colour schemes
It has theropodlike feet
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SpartanSquat

True I didnt see the theropod feet hidden in the rex. It could be albertosaurus.

Ikessauro

Is it me or the stock photos of the new Safari Ltd figures are quite blurry?

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on May 04, 2022, 07:45:33 PM
So yeah, I guess only time will tell! Hopefully Safari ltd's Zuul will hold up in the accuracy department even after the osteoderm papers are published.
If Victoria's happy with it, then I'm happy with it too.

It's difficult to think the Safari Zuul would perfectly match the upcoming papers' reconstructions, given the differences in osteoderm arrangements in ankylosaurs. This could result in a similar case to Safari's 2020 Edmontosaurus and Dilophosaurus (the sculptor can't be blamed, understandably). That doesn't make the figure any worse, it's good as it is now, and in any case this is the first figure of this genus in the market.

Safari did a great job with this one, not only figure wise, but they also picked up a great species as well (even if they chose it just because it was featured in the show).

GiganotosaurusFan

avatar_Bread @Bread That giga is not pleasing to me, so I would like another one.
If they do this, boy will I swoon.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

SRF

I don't think Safari will release another Giga so soon. Also this one seems to be way too small to represent such a big animal. Here's hoping it will indeed be an Albertosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Nyrorosaurus

SenSx

The flashy colors are surprising but I really like it.
Only the small size for my collection is making me hesitating.

Shane

Quote from: SenSx on May 05, 2022, 01:41:10 PM

The figure is about 10 inches long (and would be longer if the tail weren't curved).

Just out of curiosity, how large would you want an Albertosaurus figure to be?

SRF

That's definitely a nice surprise. I really like this one.
But today, I'm just being father

SenSx

Quote from: Shane on May 05, 2022, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: SenSx on May 05, 2022, 01:41:10 PM

The figure is about 10 inches long (and would be longer if the tail weren't curved).

Just out of curiosity, how large would you want an Albertosaurus figure to be?

I have just checked the dimensions for about 1/35 scale, and it seems about right.
It's just a matter for my own collection anyway, I don't think it would be an issue for other people.
I'm mixing figures from different brands, and they tend to oversize their figures (I'm comparing it to Nanmu and Rebor...), that is why I  now complain about figures being too big as well on other threads ><
Sorry for being picky about it.

I'm very happy about this Albertosaurus, it looks great, I like the sculpt, the vibrant colors and the blue eyes.
I don't know why it took so much time to get one from a manufacturer, it's a classic from my childhood (and the Papo Gorgosaurus is definitely tiny).

Dromaenychus

It seems to be around the same size as their most recent Allosaurus figure. The colors seem a bit bright to me, a brown wash and a little bit of detailing would bring it up a notch. I did it for the Ceratosaurus and it improved it drastically. No big feet!
One more to go!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: