News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Dinosaur(s) Should Get A Toy?

Started by suspsy, November 20, 2012, 11:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 20, 2012, 11:28:11 PM
Let's go with ones that have never been rendered in plastic, bronze, or otherwise before.

Four of my top choices would be:

Yutyrannus

Mononykus

Coahuilaceratops

Brontomerus

I agree, Brontomerus would make an awsome toy, imagine carnegie making one with real kicking action.

Iguanocolossus

Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 28, 2012, 10:27:06 AM
Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 24, 2012, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 22, 2012, 11:34:47 PM
More Australian dinosaurs! Though there's currently only 17 species to choose from, no-one's done toys of Qantassaurus, Wintonatitan, or Diamantinasaurus. And there's also things like Koolasuchus, which have been done as models but not as mass-produced toys.

Not to mention the Megafauna! Thylacoleo, Dromornis, Baru, Megalania, Stenurus, Quinkana, Palorchestes, Phascolonus, Procoptodon, and Meiolania!

Yowie did Thylacoleo, Dromornis, Megalania, Quinkana, Palorchestes, Phalascolonus, and Procoptodon. Kaiyodo did Meiolania and Megalania.

But we always need more.

Man, I wish I could get Cadbury Yowies-chocolate AND awesome toys!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on December 01, 2012, 07:10:57 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 28, 2012, 10:27:06 AM
Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 24, 2012, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 22, 2012, 11:34:47 PM
More Australian dinosaurs! Though there's currently only 17 species to choose from, no-one's done toys of Qantassaurus, Wintonatitan, or Diamantinasaurus. And there's also things like Koolasuchus, which have been done as models but not as mass-produced toys.

Not to mention the Megafauna! Thylacoleo, Dromornis, Baru, Megalania, Stenurus, Quinkana, Palorchestes, Phascolonus, Procoptodon, and Meiolania!

Yowie did Thylacoleo, Dromornis, Megalania, Quinkana, Palorchestes, Phalascolonus, and Procoptodon. Kaiyodo did Meiolania and Megalania.

But we always need more.

Man, I wish I could get Cadbury Yowies-chocolate AND awesome toys!
Yowies (Cadbury) were yummy, I always loved getting them as a treat from the supermarket. I even joined the official Yowie Cadbury club. I had hundreds of them, but they were all living animals, not dinosaurs. And now they don't manufacturer them anymore :-\

Balaur

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 24, 2012, 09:12:41 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 23, 2012, 11:51:40 PM
Tarbosaurus bataar, designed by Hirokazu Tokugawa and produced by Favorite ;D.

....... and it should look just like this ;D ;D!

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 27, 2012, 11:58:08 AM
OK, I want this Tarbosaurus. Now. Please.

Can I borrow it first? Don;t answer yes, or I'll borrow it forever!  ;D

That is one beautiful model! I love the faint feathers! I've always needed a Tarbosaurus!

Takama

OK A List of ones that should be done either for the first time, or again

Baluuar(misspelled)

Icthiovenator

Acryapterix (missspelled)

Heterodontasaurus

Compys

Dryosaurus

Dromeosaurus

Lesothosaurus

Theceslosaurus

Confuciornis

Hespironis

Fulgotherium

Gasosaurus

Tujangasaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Prosourolophus

Saourolophus

Saichania(larger and proper)

Tarchia

Talurus(Misspelled)

And counting

Tyrannosaurid lover

Torvosaurus and edaphosaurus need to be made....
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Jetoar

Yes I think the same that you friend. I would like to see a figure of Torvosaurus, The forgotten great predator of Jurassic age  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

suspsy

Titanoceratops (formerly thought to be Pentaceratops) would be another fantastic addition to any toyline. Although personally, I'd prefer one by Carnegie or Papo.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Suchomimus really needs to be made.I didn't like the Safari one,because it was goofy looking,imho.Safari could do a new sculpt of this great dinosqur as well...as they did with Ceratosaurus,and Triceratops,and Tyrannosaurus and...ah,Velociraptor.Suchomimus needs to be made for someone,but,preferably CollectA or Wild Safari.I also don't like the ws Spinosaurus,btw.The Carnegie one is awesome,but this doesn't mean the Wild Safari has to be worse,I think.A new sculpt of it for the ws line would be cool.
But I'm praying for Suchomimus.

Otherwise,Nasutoceratops would be amazing if done.I was impressed first time I saw it.WS and CollectA produces a good variety,so it's hoped and expected for me,though the expectation can wait a bit,because I'm almost sure nobody will release Nasutoceratops titusi this coming 2014,as I suppose they won't have time on making one.Safari said on Facebook they had already began the 2014 repllicas.But I wish it could be made in the future.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 31, 2013, 11:41:27 AM
Suchomimus really needs tombe made.I didn't like the Safari one,because it was goofy looking,imho.Safari could do a new sculpt of this great dinosqur as well...as they did with Ceratosaurus,and Triceratops,and Tyrannosaurus and...ah,Velociraptor.Suchomimus needs to be made for someone,but,preferably CollectA or Wild Safari.I also don't like the ws Spinosaurus,btw.The Carnegie one is awesome,but this doesn't mean the Wild Safari has to be worse,I think.A new sculpt of it for the ws line would be cool.
But I'm praying for Suchomimus.

Otherwise,Nasutoceratops would be amazing if done.I was impressed first time I saw it.WS and CollectA produces a good variety,so it's hoped and expected for me,though the expectation can wait a bit,because I'm almost sure nobody will release Nasutoceratops titusi this coming 2014,as I suppose they won't have time on making one.Safari said on Facebook they had already began the 2014 repllicas.But I wish it could be made in the future.
If Safari uses the same sculptor they've been using for their recent Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Dracorex, I most definitely would not be buying it.

Chad

How is it that no one has ever made a nyctosaurus? Would the crest not manufacture well?

tyrantqueen

^ Dan LoRusso made one, with both perched and flying positions, and available as male or female. However, he depicted it with a membrane attached to the crest.

deanm

A "mass manufactured" Nyctosaurus figure would be nice (no membrane attached to crest).

Then again, more pterosaurs are required/wanted/needed/craved...

A few other mass produced figure worthy pterosaurs would include Dungaripterus, Pterodaustro, Sordes ("furry" please), Thalassodromeus,  Anurognathus, Pterodactylus amongst others.

Yes, I know that some of the above have been done already in Japan and by Tedco but they are not mass release in my mind.

In poses other than flying please. I would like to see a figure or two doing the controversial front limb take-ff launch.

amargasaurus cazaui

Although they are small,  Tamiya included a few Nyrctosaurus in one of their Dioramas, I believe they went along with the Parasaurolophus figure.
Suchomimus was done by Kaiyodo in the smaller Dinotales line.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

An Eoraptor is badly needed.
Every brand has more than 2 Tyrannosaurus sculpts,but how many Eoraptors are out there? 0 !!!
The first dinosaur has never been made!  :o

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Masiakasaurus knofleri needs to be done by Papo, Carnegie, and/or Sideshow. I want a model of one, but I don't want a crappy one.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 02, 2013, 10:26:19 PM
Masiakasaurus knofleri needs to be done by Papo, Carnegie, and/or Sideshow. I want a model of one, but I don't want a crappy one.
I wish that Papo would move away from making JP clones...but I don't think it will happen yet :S

Carnegie and CollectA would seem like logical choices for Masiakasaurus.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 02, 2013, 10:35:22 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 02, 2013, 10:26:19 PM
I wish that Papo would move away from making JP clones...but I don't think it will happen yet :S

Carnegie and CollectA would seem like logical choices for Masiakasaurus.

Right you are, but I wish that Papo would have a rebirth. Just imagine what they could do if they remade most of their current models, making them scientifically accurate? That would be a good and affordable model series! Hopefully, that is what they will do in 2014....
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Raptoress

I would like to see more obscure ceratopsians, in particular. But these are some of the species I'd like to see. Especially if they were done by Papo, CollectA or Schleich (don't hate me, but I actually like their models despite the inaccuracies.)

Einiosaurus
Xenotarsosaurus
Yangchuanosaurus
Troodon
Masiakasaurus
Kentrosaurus (I know they've already been done, but I don't particulaly like any of the kentrosaurus toys on the market.)

I'd love to see more ornithomimids or hadrosaurs. There's just such a poor selection of toys for these creatures out there. :/

Ultimatedinoking

I would like to see:

A. Some ornithomimids

B. hesperosaurus

C. Ornitholestes

D. Monolophosaurus

E. Cryolophosaurus

F. More ankylosaurs (there are too many ceratopsians running around.)

G. Ablysodon (if more about it was known...)

H. Gigantospinosaurus

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: