News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 02, 2023, 07:21:16 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 30, 2023, 11:20:30 PMPerfection

Are these with just the original paintwork? They look as if they got a slight dark wash.
They are the original. No enhancements or changes. Probably just due to the lack of light in my photos, sorry!

V @vampiredesign good to hear! I think we all are very excited to see your future products! Great job as always!

Faelrin

Now that I'm thinking about it more, it looks like the Edmontonia's colors in the Amazon shots are probably duller/washed out because of the lightbox. In the images with natural lighting posted by V @vampiredesign and others it retains the color of the previous version, more or less.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on July 02, 2023, 11:02:14 PMEdit: It appears the green Ouranosaurus has an updated coloration and corrected hands as well (not sure if avatar_Sim @Sim will see this, but this answers both mine and his questions about this, if not anyone else's). Spotted it over on Aliexpress (seller is My Online Toy Store).

Thanks for sharing this avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin and for your reply V @vampiredesign!  I intend to get the new green Ouranosaurus! :)

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 02, 2023, 07:23:48 PMAre there any plans for more sauropods? As many on here have already said, the Apatosauros is just amazing. I would love more sauropods. There are also smaller species like for example Saltasaurus, so it does not always have to be a really large one like Apatosaurus. And some rarer species from China would also be highly welcome.
I'd be interested in smaller sauropods from Haolonggood.  Saltasaurus would make an interesting figure I think!  The one I'd like the most is Shunosaurus lii!  Also, imagine an up-to-date Amargasaurus from Haolonggood!

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on July 02, 2023, 07:46:23 PMIt would be awesome to take on a Dromaeosaurid line, there are so many incredible species not well represented.
An 1/18th scale line I think would suffice.
BOTM are good, but as action figures. (and are also pricey)
Awesome work as always V @vampiredesign !
I would very much like deinonychosaurs from Haolonggood!  I think Haolonggood would stick to 1:35 scale though.  If they do, the only species that seem big enough to be sold on their own are Achillobator, Dakotaraptor, Utahraptor, Austroraptor, and maybe Stenonychosaurus now that its got a size boost from Latenivenatrix being synonymised with it.  I would like a Utahraptor in 1:35 scale and a Gastonia in the same scale, but I would also be very happy to have a nice figure of Austroraptor and Stenonychosaurus.  If Haolonggood makes a troodontid, I hope they give it the binocular vision it had, the lack of it in the Beasts of the Mesozoic figure is the only thing making us lack a great troodontid figure, well also that it's a juvenile.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on July 02, 2023, 04:49:39 PMCarnivorous dinosaurs are coming.
Standing, center of gravity, mouth. It took a lot of time and cost to do this. So I came a bit late.
(It's not the dinosaur in the poster, it's another one.)

The thought just crossed my mind: imagine if HLG put out a Baryonyx... and then subsequently proceeded to flesh out the Spinosauridae groups, beating PNSO to the punch and fulfilling all the dreams of us collectors...

thomasw100

Quote from: quiversaurus on July 04, 2023, 10:07:04 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on July 02, 2023, 04:49:39 PMCarnivorous dinosaurs are coming.
Standing, center of gravity, mouth. It took a lot of time and cost to do this. So I came a bit late.
(It's not the dinosaur in the poster, it's another one.)

The thought just crossed my mind: imagine if HLG put out a Baryonyx... and then subsequently proceeded to flesh out the Spinosauridae groups, beating PNSO to the punch and fulfilling all the dreams of us collectors...

I could imagine that PNSO has Baryonyx on the radar. They have made Spinosaurus and Suchomimus as well as the controversial Sinopliosaurus already. There have been rumors that they have an Irritator in the making. So this would naturally lead to Baryonyx to complete the list of most well known Spinosauridae. The best scenario for us collectors would be if PNSO and Haolonggood produce a complementary portfolio of species, while at the same time they compete with each other to reach an ever increasing level of quality of sculpting and paint applications.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

How about an Iberospinus, no one has done that one yet?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

As much as I like spinosaurids, I'm not drawn to Iberospinus, it's just fragments...  If Haolonggood makes another spinosaurid I think I would most like it to be Riparovenator.  The front of its snout is preserved, which is the anatomy that has proven most unpredictable in spinosaurids, plus Riparovenator has given us the first look at what a baryonychine tail is like.  It also preserves the head crest, a potentially variable anatomical part among spinosaurid species.

However, I would prefer Haolonggood made other carnivorous dinosaurs that are known from better remains and need a good figure very much e.g. Dilophosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Austroraptor, Sinraptor dongi, Daspletosaurus horneri.

Thialfi

Just received the revised Ouranosaurus and truth be told: the difference is really minimal - besides the thumb claws and a slightly altered paint job (more expressive stripes on both flanks and a slightly toned down streak of colour on the face), they're identical. People who bought the first version don't have to feel disheartened.

Great job by Haolonggood for immediately responding to the issue, that's very much praiseworthy!

Spoiler

[close]

SidB

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , it's hard to tell from the photos, but does it have the single or double head crest?

Thialfi

Quote from: SidB on July 05, 2023, 02:02:10 PMavatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , it's hard to tell from the photos, but does it have the single or double head crest?
It's the same as the original, a ridge down the middle leading up into a single protrusion (crest or boss if you will).

Takama

V @vampiredesign If HAOLONGOOD could revise the Ouranosaurus, can the same be done with the head of the Tyrannosaurus rex?

Im sure A lot of us would be way more happy if it had lips like your Carcharodontosaurus

Faelrin

Adding lips to that figure would only go so far. It still wouldn't make it accurate. Still has outdated porportions and oversized integument. At that point just do a new figure. The paintwork and base are really nice, and as a retro 90's styled T. rex it is nice. Honestly though T. rex models are dime a dozen and I'd rather they focus on new genera. Going forward it would be good of them to add lips to any future theropods however.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

I just ordered the updated Ouranosaurus and Edmontonia from Haolonggood's Amazon page (I have a gift certificate to use up). I wrote to the sellers and they said the Ouranosurus has updated legs, even if their images are not updated. Fingers crossed.

Had a hard time picking a color on the Edmontonia (not too crazy about either, or at least neither jump out at me as being better than the other). Settled for red.

Takama

Quote from: Faelrin on July 05, 2023, 03:39:56 PMAdding lips to that figure would only go so far. It still wouldn't make it accurate. Still has outdated porportions and oversized integument. At that point just do a new figure. The paintwork and base are really nice, and as a retro 90's styled T. rex it is nice. Honestly though T. rex models are dime a dozen and I'd rather they focus on new genera. Going forward it would be good of them to add lips to any future theropods however.

From what seen, some of there more recent figures are not flawless either. Take the Ouranosaurus,  It took feedback for them to finally redo that. Also I do recall from DinosDragons Video on the Nasutoceratops that its Skull is not Flawless either.

Plus if they tackle new genera, I rather them do more non fragmentary species or better described ones (unlike Wuerhosaurus for fragmentary, or Tianzhenosaurus for not fully described), Plus i fully welcome them to have their own take on the classics. 

suspsy

I do think that Haolonggood should do a brand new T. rex, but that should be further down the road. Concentrate on new stuff for the time being.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

I too think it would be better for Haolonggood to make a new Tyrannosaurus rather than update their old one.  The integument of Haolonggood's current Tyrannosaurus just doesn't look good to me and I don't like its pose.  However since I'm planning to get PNSO's Cameron, I would like Haolonggood to either release a new Tyrannosaurus very soon so I can get it and not Cameron, or not release a Tyrannosaurus for a long time so I don't have to replace Cameron soon after paying a lot for it.  I have no doubt a new Haolonggood Tyrannosaurus would be better painted than Cameron.

I too would like Haolonggood to include lips on their future theropods.

Flaffy

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi Thanks for the comparison pics! I'm not sure, but it looks like the updated version has more distinct digits too? Can you confirm if that's the case?

Not sure why Haolonggood decided to paint digits IV and V with unguals though. Those two sigits would've likely been covered in soft tissue in life.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Takama on July 05, 2023, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on July 05, 2023, 03:39:56 PMAdding lips to that figure would only go so far. It still wouldn't make it accurate. Still has outdated porportions and oversized integument. At that point just do a new figure. The paintwork and base are really nice, and as a retro 90's styled T. rex it is nice. Honestly though T. rex models are dime a dozen and I'd rather they focus on new genera. Going forward it would be good of them to add lips to any future theropods however.

From what seen, some of there more recent figures are not flawless either. Take the Ouranosaurus,  It took feedback for them to finally redo that. Also I do recall from DinosDragons Video on the Nasutoceratops that its Skull is not Flawless either.

Plus if they tackle new genera, I rather them do more non fragmentary species or better described ones (unlike Wuerhosaurus for fragmentary, or Tianzhenosaurus for not fully described), Plus i fully welcome them to have their own take on the classics. 

The Ouranosaurus also uses the old and ( likely) outdated swan neck reconstruction , pnso tsintaosaurus shows the more current bulky revised neck.

Thialfi

Quote from: Flaffy on July 05, 2023, 07:24:53 PMavatar_Thialfi @Thialfi Thanks for the comparison pics! I'm not sure, but it looks like the updated version has more distinct digits too? Can you confirm if that's the case?

Not sure why Haolonggood decided to paint digits IV and V with unguals though. Those two sigits would've likely been covered in soft tissue in life.
You are correct, somehow I overlooked that upon initial inspection!

Spoiler

[close]

I hope these images suffice.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: