News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I am actually a big fan of this. The bright and bold colors, and orange blue have always worked well together.

My only concern is the scale. Is this a ~1/30 scale?

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Bread on August 12, 2023, 12:26:13 AMI am actually a big fan of this. The bright and bold colors, and orange blue have always worked well together.

My only concern is the scale. Is this a ~1/30 scale?

The older model fits perfectly into 1:35 at 12 cm representing a 4 and a quarter meter individual (estimates being 4-4.5 m), so this should be the same.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Prehistory Resurrection

Didn't know where to post this, so I figured I'd post it in the New for 2023 thread itself. Andy's Dinosaur Reviews released this short showing the models being retired by Safari ltd this year. It's a real shame because these were amazing models.

Concavenator

Finally ordered the Safari Diabloceratops and Qianzhousaurus yesterday, before it's too late. Thanks to S @Shane for letting us know about Safari's plans for retirements. Hope we can get this info in a more consistent manner, not just from Safari, but from (at least) other major companies as well.

avatar_Sim @Sim I recall you recommended the Safari Diabloceratops to me a while ago, so thank you for that too!

CityRaptor

I would say that this once again shows that serious collectors and the wide mass do not neccesarily want the same things. A shame, but that's how it is.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Baryonyx

Wow! What a lovely figure! Nice paint scheme! Exciting to see Safari making recently described species!

Lynx

WOAH?
Definitely picking this figure up for Christmas! I'm so excited, the color scheme, sculpt, everything looks incredible.
An oversized house cat.

bmathison1972

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!  I was so excited for CollectA's, but was so bummed because of its size. I am SO GLAD Safari made one too, in a more 'standard size'

Instant purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thialfi

Quote from: Shane on August 17, 2023, 02:58:35 PMNew Reveal:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/stegouros
Wow, that looks absolutely fantastic. As much as I love the CollectA one, this one fits in so much better with my other models. Amazing sculpt, detail and such vibrant colors. Can't wait!

Sim

I was sure Safari would make Stegouros.  ...  This new figure makes me appreciate Stegouros.

SpartanSquat

TheCambrianCrusader

Ooh I really love the colors on this lil guy. So far I'm in love with this year's lineup

SpartanSquat

Doug you did this little fella?

Jose S.M.

Was there any teasing for this one? Because it caught me off guard! What a great surprise. I love it and it does has the Doug Watson feel to it so I think its his.

Carnoking

Looks like I'll be adding two Stegouros to my collection this year!

Stegotyranno420

Looks pretty nice. Reminds me of an older toy I used to have, might still have.

Faelrin

I'm so glad that rumor was true after all! I can't wait to get my hands on this little critter. I love the colors too. Got a clownfish or halloween sort of vibe.

Edit: Yeah so have the 1/35 Dino Zoo, 1/6 CollectA, Safari Ltd's, and Mattel's 1/18-ish articulated one. So many toys for this little wonderfully preserved and unique ankylosaur in such a short time is incredible.

Edit 2: Anyone have an idea of scale for this one?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

The toy is listed as 6 inches long, and life estimates for the animal average around 6 feet - so I believe that's 1:12 scale?

I love this reveal; what a great surprise and a great choice of genus! Safari is putting out a steady line of winners this year!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: